Mumsnet #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

This is a thread to talk about mumsnet and it's operations in general. Not a thread to link to suspect threads and give the obvious trolls the attention they want

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The only place i like on mumsnet is the feminist board.

Rest of the site is shambolic when it comes to trans and womens rights 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 19
to be fair the AIBU board is hilarious most of the time, just not in the way they think it is

Reactions: 25
to be fair the AIBU board is hilarious most of the time, just not in the way they think it is
I don’t know what I find most amusing, the pure venom from the posters on that board or The posters who don’t like being told they are being unreasonable.

A lot of unhinged people post in that section

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It's one of my guilty pleasures @Pinkii - I love reading the post and then taking bets (umm, with myself) on the first few responses / how long until someone says LTB / how long until misogyny comes into it and how soon before the OP gets the hump :LOL:

What's that? Why yes, yes I do have a sad life... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 25
It's one of my guilty pleasures @Pinkii - I love reading the post and then taking bets (umm, with myself) on the first few responses / how long until someone says LTB / how long until misogyny comes into it and how soon before the OP gets the hump :LOL:

What's that? Why yes, yes I do have a sad life... :ROFLMAO:
They don’t have to LTB, they could book a spa date and dump the kids with him to get back at him!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don’t know what I find most amusing, the pure venom from the posters on that board or The posters who don’t like being told they are being unreasonable.

A lot of unhinged people post in that section
How they post and ask “aibu?”, and then spend the next few pages arguing with everyone who says yes! Don’t bloody ask then!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The double standards on there annoy me. If a man does something wrong then he's 100% unreasonable but if the woman does something then she's totally in the right.

I think AIBU attitude has spread to many of the other boards on Mumsnet. A relative told me she no longer posts on the parenting board or Mumsnet in general as she got jumped on for asking for advice from other mums and she said it's not worth it anymore.

Reactions: 10
I’ve never met anyone in real life that behaves the way a lot of their posters do, they must be hiding in plain sight

They take up a lot of headteachers’ time, demanding to speak to them over every minor issue, and 111/999 as they’re constantly calling them over parking disputes 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Even during the pandemic, they were watching their neighbours comings and goings and posting how many times their neighbours were going out.

Some of them were wanting a hard lockdown similar to China with the army patrolling the streets and how the UK was the worst country handling the pandemic. I think a lot of them on there enjoyed the drama of the pandemic and thrived because they live such miserable lives and were glad everyone else was miserable too.

All the people I know in real life, just got on with things as best they could.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I’m laughing at the one asking about Christmas dinner and evening buffets, and the amount of posters claiming they could NEVER manage to eat a buffet on Christmas Day night, but then go on to list the leftovers/sandwiches/snacks/cheese boards they have at night.. that’s a buffet, no? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I’m laughing at the one asking about Christmas dinner and evening buffets, and the amount of posters claiming they could NEVER manage to eat a buffet on Christmas Day night, but then go on to list the leftovers/sandwiches/snacks/cheese boards they have at night.. that’s a buffet, no? 😂
Ah, the MN food threads. Has anyone mentioned the MN chicken on it? They allow two slivers of chickens with a roast dinner that’s so thin you can see through them so they can eke it out over 3 years in curries and sandwiches and stock. When questioned, they’ll say that they also have 7 sorts of potatoes with it and a greengrocers worth of veg. And I just think, sure you do. If you’re that stingy with the meat, it’s more likely that it’s one roast potato between 4 people and a pea each.
Food threads are always divided between the competitive under eaters who are aghast that anyone can eat more than two crisps a month and the ones who can trough an entire pig for breakfast (I’m with the latter).
Nice to see we’re onto Christmas dinners though and we’ve moved on from ‘massive salad’ summer.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
That thread made me despair.

Eat what you like when you. Don’t eat what you don’t want when you don’t want it. No meal is compulsory, or forbidden, on any day of the year. 🙄

I don’t know how some of those halfwits function independently

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Ah, the MN food threads. Has anyone mentioned the MN chicken on it? They allow two slivers of chickens with a roast dinner that’s so thin you can see through them so they can eke it out over 3 years in curries and sandwiches and stock. When questioned, they’ll say that they also have 7 sorts of potatoes with it and a greengrocers worth of veg. And I just think, sure you do. If you’re that stingy with the meat, it’s more likely that it’s one roast potato between 4 people and a pea each.
Food threads are always divided between the competitive under eaters who are aghast that anyone can eat more than two crisps a month and the ones who can trough an entire pig for breakfast (I’m with the latter).
Nice to see we’re onto Christmas dinners though and we’ve moved on from ‘massive salad’ summer.
Yeah I have noticed regarding the chicken. They can make several meals out a chicken. A roast dinner, sandwiches for lunch, a curry out of it and then a soup from the carcass.

Like how little do you eat if a normal sized chicken is able to feed you, your partner and your little angels for more than 2 days?

I am convinced half of the competitive under-eaters are scoffing their face the second the hubby and kids are gone out or gone to bed. Or just outright lying.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Some of them have quite weird ideas around food - only allowed cereal and toast once a week. Ham sandwiches once a week. The craziest was chocolates were only allowed at Christmas.

And of course their children don't like takeaways or McDonald's and prefer Mummy's picnics over it. In RL, I'm yet to meet a child who doesn't like McDonald's.

The ice cream one seemed a bit miserable too.

Thinking about the roast, my brother cooked me one last week, the chicken lasted one meal 🤣🤣 because we kept picking bits off it.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
It’s like the lunchbox threads.
‘I’ve sent my child into school with some homemade hummus, 3 carrot sticks, an edamame bean and half a grape but I’m worrying it’s too much food’
Cue ‘half a grape?! That’s far too much sugar. Fruit has carbs in it! Replace the grape with a twig and some foraged mushrooms’ and lots of stories about 8ft, ‘athletic’ sons who either eat like a horse or will actually eat a horse if it’s been cooked ‘from scratch’ but ate nothing but sprouts at primary school.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
someone once asked for school snack or lunch ideas, and someone suggested hard boiled quails eggs 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Only visited once, and to be honest I didn't regret it (lots of shame but no regret).
After all, who could resist the lure of someone seriously asking if anyone else keeps a glass of water by the conjugal bed for their male partner to dip his dick in to rinse it off after sex ?
The OP was quite offended at the responses. :m

So weird but so funny.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
The thing with the lunchbox threads is they often suggest stuff like pasta in a flask. Do they even have any idea of how much of a faff that is for kids and staff?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
And of course their children don't like takeaways or McDonald's and prefer Mummy's picnics over it. In RL, I'm yet to meet a child who doesn't like McDonald's.
My nephew isn't quite that bad, but he's 3 and then he went to the cinema for the first time, my sister took him some cut up grapes and a bag of PomBears because she didn't want him eating sweets (they send him hyper). He finished the grapes and announced to the whole cinema "mummy, I want some cheese now!"

This is the same kid who had a meltdown the first time he went to McDonald's because he didn't want to go to the farm... Turns out he got it confused with Old Mcdonald 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.