Mumsnet #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The spider brooch story has made it to the DM online today!
I dont read the tabloids but Facebook seems to think I want to see lots of tabloid articles. I’m amazed how many journalists make their living from writing articles based on mumsnet, tiktok or Reddit posts!

Reactions: 8
Some of the comments on the ASD teen thread were horrible.

That broach is truly hideous.

Reactions: 2
There is a thread on the style board about eyebrows.

the poster has stated she has uneven brows (very obvious)

a poster who is a ‘beautician’ says they are fine, jeez would hate to see the state of her clients after a treatment if she thinks they look fine 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Your daily dose of pearl-clutching judgement:

View attachment 818174View attachment 818175
They show themselves up for a lack of world or commercial knowledge which is why they all think husbands are in a v high earning job despite them getting £300 pcm allowances lol. That the husbands still expect them to cover bills from.

Gaming is a multi billion pound industry for the UK! Lots of adults play! It’s not my thing but is wholly valid as a form of entertainment, and there are tons of brilliant career opportunities in STEM/tech for all of these alleged gifted and talented kids they have!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m sorry but how can you not know that adults play on the Xbox or gaming systems? It absolutely boggles the mind that they can live such sheltered lives.

It reminds me of when posters say they don’t get involved in FB drama or they don’t know who a certain influencer is because they think they’re above IG and don’t ‘do’ social media (said in a sniffy tone, obviously). Er, what do you think Mumsnet is, luv? You’re not superior because you spend 12 hours of the day on there instead Snapchat. You’re just out of touch and probably think a Nokia 3310 is the height of technology.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
They just think it makes them sound so superior to judge people in that way.

Just read another couple of mumsnet sayings;
“Bonus points for..”
“..makes my teeth itch”
Why can’t they just talk in normal human terms 🤔

Reactions: 7
They just think it makes them sound so superior to judge people in that way.

Just read another couple of mumsnet sayings;
“Bonus points for..”
“..makes my teeth itch”
Why can’t they just talk in normal human terms 🤔
"Raging for you" is one I particularly hate.

Reactions: 3
The Pearl clutching reminds me of my old workplace where a co worker in his 30’s said gaming was his hobby and a snobby co worker said she didn’t think gaming was a hobby.

This is how I imagine the Pearl clutcher to look:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
There’s currently a thread running on there about M&S Cafe now serving a macaroni cheese toastie with a side of chips and how disgustingly unhealthy this is because its ‘carbs, carbs and more carbs’, they then go onto say it’s no wonder there’s an obesity crisis, like people don’t have free will and shouldn’t be allowed an unhealthy treat once in a while. Whoever said on the previous thread that MN is effectively a pro Anna site isn’t far wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
There’s currently a thread running on there about M&S Cafe now serving a macaroni cheese toastie with a side of chips and how disgustingly unhealthy this is because its ‘carbs, carbs and more carbs’, they then go onto say it’s no wonder there’s an obesity crisis, like people don’t have free will and shouldn’t be allowed an unhealthy treat once in a while. Whoever said on the previous thread that MN is effectively a pro Anna site isn’t far wrong.
You could do the Four Yorkshiremen sketch with Four Mumsnetters competing for how little they eat.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Some people are far too invested in what other people are eating. The huns need to keep their beaks out.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Now I want to go to m&s and try this toastie lol

• Haha
Reactions: 10
They'd be horrified with me so tonight. I've just finished my dinner. Lasagne and chips, and very nice it was too! 😋

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.