Mumsnet #10 Freedom for DDog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
31 month old? To be fair that was ridiculous. 😂😂😂 at one stage OOP said how is 31 months almost three 😖😖😖😖
Oh I know and tbh it does amuse me but sometimes I think people use those things to fit in there. Similar with ddog and dcat and suchlike.

I just think it reflected more on the outright bitchiness of some posters to keep going on and on after it had been pointed out a million times over. Rather than offering tips on what helped them in a similar situation.

But that's what Mumsnet has become, I guess.

Reactions: 5
I was going to leave off them but I really can’t understand how some of them spend so much on clothes yet apparently can’t an afford an iron
I am more amazed by how nearly ALL of them claim to find super expensive stuff in the sales. No one on there ever admits to buying new. Now considering a lot of these people are probably shopping addicts I can't see them hovering around waiting for their exact size to turn up in a seasonal sale.
Most people who recommend a high end or expensive brand always add a disclaimer that they always buy in sales.
"I love Toast but always buy in sales"
"I have an entire wardrobe of Isabel Marant but all bought in the sale"
"I only wear £500 cashmere but it is all new and cheap on ebay"

And if they're so high up on this imaginary career ladder with £2M houses and affluent hubbies then they can afford to replace that effing iron too.

I sniff Bolleaux!:poop:

(I am also 575.5619 months old, so I know what I'm talkin' about!)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
You don’t get six months full paid sick leave a generous pension and a Union that backs you hell or high water even if accused of pretty awful stuff when working in a shop or factory or office 😉

Reactions: 9
There's a thread about husbands saying hello and goodbye. Most of them are falling over themselves to say that they don't get any kisses when their husbands go out/come in and that's how they like it.
I am more amazed by how nearly ALL of them claim to find super expensive stuff in the sales. No one on there ever admits to buying new. Now considering a lot of these people are probably shopping addicts I can't see them hovering around waiting for their exact size to turn up in a seasonal sale.
Most people who recommend a high end or expensive brand always add a disclaimer that they always buy in sales.
"I love Toast but always buy in sales"
"I have an entire wardrobe of Isabel Marant but all bought in the sale"
"I only wear £500 cashmere but it is all new and cheap on ebay"

And if they're so high up on this imaginary career ladder with £2M houses and affluent hubbies then they can afford to replace that effing iron too.

I sniff Bolleaux!:poop:

(I am also 575.5619 months old, so I know what I'm talkin' about!)
On MN, ironing is only for the povvos to earn a little pin money instead of claiming benefits.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
On MN, ironing is only for the povvos to earn a little pin money instead of claiming benefits
Ah yes!

‘DH has left and I’ve been a SAHM for the last 20 years. How will I pay the rent?!’

‘OP, have you thought about taking people’s ironing in?’

• Haha
Reactions: 24
A bit like ‘I can’t afford childcare and don’t have any family who can help’

’OP have you thought about getting an Au pair?’

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Can us top mumsnetters strike when the teachers do, you know because we teach our children every day that you need £1mill income to stay off the streets, always ask for a source for any information, stand out by wearing tit clothes, leave your boyfriend when you get one just because, if you can’t be a SAHM you failed your children and future grandchildren, stash away money just incase your husband cheats on you and of course how to accurately count your age in months. I think I deserve a pay rise of £100,000 a week. I even help with homework so I’m doing their job for them. please help I don’t know who else to ask as I’m nc with everyone living in 100 miles of me. If you don’t reply in 30 seconds I’ll post ‘bump’

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’ve been a secondary teacher in various roles for over 20 years. I’d say any big secondary, particularly in a deprived area, will you give you more experience of the ‘real world’ than any shop or office.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just been catching up on the latest MN fashion trends
Christ I’m all for finding your fashion tribe but… Willy Wonka styled out with of sofa fabrics…

welcome return of Ddog - looking stylish as ever… I bow down… however has DDog got a sibling?! Are there TWO Ddogs - like the Mary Kate & Ashley of Canine Couture?

how have I missed this? X

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.