Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Savewaterdrinkgin

Chatty Member
£150k a year? I spend that a day. My 563 month old daughter and I go up to London and splash the cash on mis matched designer outfits to pose for mumsnetters. If your husbands don’t earn that then please ltb he’s clearly having an affair.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
It said it was time for a new fred, and there didnt really seem to be too many suggestions for titles (if I'm wrong, please shout!)

So here we go...
I can’t believe you didn’t use my suggestion, I’m going NC with you, and if anyone asks why I’ll be sure to mention your narcissism and your obvious early onset dementia.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

girlinbrum

VIP Member
There's a scene in Happy Valley (no spoilers) where the stunningly beautiful James Norton is riding a bike in lycra. Leading to comments on MN "haha he looks like my DH who likes cycling". No he does NOT look like your DH just cos he's on a bike, you're very deluded if you think your six figure earning secretary shagging husband looks like James Norton!!

• Haha
Reactions: 30

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
The toast cult are back….. I will never ever understand why anyone would buy anything from this dowdy, fugly clothing brand
I was watching The Banshee of Inishirin recently and it took me a few minutes to realise it was set in the 1920s. I just assumed the lead female character shopped at Toast.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Duchessofmanchester

Chatty Member
Anyone come across the do you trust your DH thread?
They're falling over themselves to say how much they trust their DH and one deluded woman even says her husband frequently stays at his female colleagues house at weekends, but there's nothing going on!
Who's going to be the one to tell her?

• Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
The Nicola Bulley thread is vile. They are frothing with conspiracy theories that she’s decided to start a new life or been murdered and dumped in an abandoned property completely ignoring the most obvious expiation, that she fell in the river. Near me years ago a young couple drowned whilst out walking their dogs in very similar circumstances. The dogs were found wandering around distressed and then the couple’s bodies were found in the river soon after. It made the national news. Assumed either they’d gone in after the dogs, or one of the them had fallen in and the other had gone in after them. Very sad but no foul play. A tragic accident. The MN judge and jury make me sick.

• Sad
  • Angry

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I remember a poster who, prior to having her baby, had an agreement in place where her mum would look after the child two days a week, mother in law would do the other two days, and the final day the child would go to a fee paying nursery. However, after a few months, mother in law decided she didn't want to be committed to 48 hours of childcare each and every week, she wanted to go on holiday and see friends and do other activities with her spare time. She said she would still look after the child in an emergency but didn't want to be a regular childminder.

The mother in law got absolutely lambasted for her selfish attitude in not wanting to look after her grandchild. I actually applauded the woman for having the guts to say 'you know what? Being a grandma is great but from a distance, thank you very much'. Plus she gave the poster plenty of notice to find alternative childcare, but of course, that wouldn't be free, would it?

• Heart
Reactions: 27

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I wondered if someone on here started that thread for a game of bingo.
Have we had

‘there’s loads of carbs in fruit’

‘6ft rugby playing DS who eats like a horse’

‘My kids eat hummus & pitta bread out of choice’

‘DS is classed as obese but you can see his ribs’

‘Took the kids to McDonalds as a treat and we were all violently ill for 6 months afterwards’

‘Portion sizes are too big these days’

yet?

• Haha
  • Heart

nicalibres

VIP Member
Someone’s asked how to accessorise her wedding dress and of course someone has recommended irregular choice monstrosities 😭 I don’t think the op said she wanted to channel Winifred Sanderson from Hocus Pocus hen.

31BCED1B-F50C-441F-AFE9-F62D183BD4A6.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
I saw that one. My eyes rolled so hard that I could almost see the back of my own head.
Who doesn't automatically include their guests in meals etc?
Well, I have a tale about that! Many many years ago I stayed at a uni friends house for an event connected to uni stuff. There were, I think, 3 of us staying, all of us sensible and nice and there to work. The friends family were wealthy, lived in a beautiful newish build house on a lovely development somewhere super expensive daaahn saarf. When we arrived the friend's mother immediately set down the rules. We had to contribute £10 each for her to go to Asda for pizzas, we had to sleep in a tent in the garden, all together (I had to ask if actually I might have a private space to sleep away from some of the other lads who I didn't actually know that well), we were to be careful in the shower not to shower for too long and at breakfast we were only allowed some of the cereal, not the 'nice stuff.' On the second day we had to walk about a mile or so to find a chippy so we could actually eat something and then take it back to the house!

My boyfriend at the time and I were amazed...both of us are northern (not that it matters, plenty of mean northerners and generous southerners but at the time it felt relevant) and both of us from not that well off families but the minute guests are there, invited or uninvited, you get the best biscuits out, don't you!? The whole situation still absolutely baffles me. Bet that mum is a mumsnetter...!!!!!

• Wow

soph30

VIP Member
AIBU to tell a secret?! I don’t even have kids! I just find Mumsnet hilarious 😂

• Haha
  • Heart