Mumsnet #10 Freedom for DDog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It said it was time for a new fred, and there didnt really seem to be too many suggestions for titles (if I'm wrong, please shout!)

So here we go...

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It said it was time for a new fred, and there didnt really seem to be too many suggestions for titles (if I'm wrong, please shout!)

So here we go...
I can’t believe you didn’t use my suggestion, I’m going NC with you, and if anyone asks why I’ll be sure to mention your narcissism and your obvious early onset dementia.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Do people still get Wendied on MN? Used to like those threads then the predictable arguments about what exactly a Wendying entailed.

FTR it is when OP introduces new friend (let’s call her Wendy) to group and Wendy steals all the friends and they all go NC with OP.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
@Wackie Jeaver just for future reference, you have to click Report at the bottom of the last post of the old thread and ask the mods close it there 👍

Reactions: 3
I can’t believe you didn’t use my suggestion, I’m going NC with you, and if anyone asks why I’ll be sure to mention your narcissism and your obvious early onset dementia.
Plus the perimenopausal bloat, undiagnosed ASD and the fact she comes from <sssshhhh> a working class background.
I'm going to go grey rock in sisterly solidarity.
NO is a complete sentence, you see.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Excellent thread title (y)

I know it’s a bit early, and we’ll no doubt fly through this thread but my nomination for Thread # 11 title is … Mumsnet #11 Are you on GLUE?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Not being British, I've never ventured on mumsmet ever. I read this thread because I'm insomniac and read random threads. Today I got send to do an emergency egc and was wondering what I was suppose to wear. Googled it and there it was: a mumsnet thread. It really is the most random and less factual Wikipedia. (But thanks to them I knew what to except in both WORST - someone rubbing sandpaper on your skin ?? - and best case scenario).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Some get so weird about their parents or in laws providing childcare, the entitlement is unreal. My mum isn't happy having my child 5 days what a selfish cow.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Not being British, I've never ventured on mumsmet ever. I read this thread because I'm insomniac and read random threads. Today I got send to do an emergency egc and was wondering what I was suppose to wear. Googled it and there it was: a mumsnet thread. It really is the most random and less factual Wikipedia. (But thanks to them I knew what to except in both WORST - someone rubbing sandpaper on your skin ?? - and best case scenario).
Definitely a less factual Wikipedia 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Some get so weird about their parents or in laws providing childcare, the entitlement is unreal. My mum isn't happy having my child 5 days what a selfish cow.
There was a thread I can barely remember but basically her mum or mother in law did loads of childcare for them but wanted to go on a once in a lifetime holiday and the woman posting was not happy. I forget what happened exactly though, my SIL sent it to me (I’ll be going NC with her soon for daring to contact me, don’t worry) but it was ages ago so I don’t have the link. Does anyone remember it? I remember the bit I read being the usual hilarious mix of ‘you should hide away in shame for 50 days at even thinking of letting another human near your child’ and ‘if your MIL doesn’t have your child 24/7/365 and thank you for the privilege you should cut her out of your life immediately’.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I remember a poster who, prior to having her baby, had an agreement in place where her mum would look after the child two days a week, mother in law would do the other two days, and the final day the child would go to a fee paying nursery. However, after a few months, mother in law decided she didn't want to be committed to 48 hours of childcare each and every week, she wanted to go on holiday and see friends and do other activities with her spare time. She said she would still look after the child in an emergency but didn't want to be a regular childminder.

The mother in law got absolutely lambasted for her selfish attitude in not wanting to look after her grandchild. I actually applauded the woman for having the guts to say 'you know what? Being a grandma is great but from a distance, thank you very much'. Plus she gave the poster plenty of notice to find alternative childcare, but of course, that wouldn't be free, would it?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I remember a poster who, prior to having her baby, had an agreement in place where her mum would look after the child two days a week, mother in law would do the other two days, and the final day the child would go to a fee paying nursery. However, after a few months, mother in law decided she didn't want to be committed to 48 hours of childcare each and every week, she wanted to go on holiday and see friends and do other activities with her spare time. She said she would still look after the child in an emergency but didn't want to be a regular childminder.

The mother in law got absolutely lambasted for her selfish attitude in not wanting to look after her grandchild. I actually applauded the woman for having the guts to say 'you know what? Being a grandma is great but from a distance, thank you very much'. Plus she gave the poster plenty of notice to find alternative childcare, but of course, that wouldn't be free, would it?
I’ve already told my kids much the same thing 🤣 I don’t have grandkids yet and I’m not bothered if never get them tbh, but I won’t be doing set hours looking after them. Happy to have them on occasion but don’t rely on me for regular childcare. I’ve done my time when my kids were little, and probably a bit more as my daughter has a chronic illness which meant none of the grandparents wanted to get involved. Harsh I know, but I also assume I’m going to be working til I’m at least late 60’s too.The entitlement around grandparents doing free childcare really pisses me off on MN. It’s also really hard work trying to entertain little kids all day, especially when you get older, something which some parents probably don’t understand.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
There was a thread yesterday where the OP had the misfortune to refer to her child's age in months. I know it is something that amuses me slightly but honestly so many posters, instead of offering any help thought they were hilarious pointing it out. Or else being really snide - your child is two or whatever it was. Yawn.

Reactions: 9
There was a thread yesterday where the OP had the misfortune to refer to her child's age in months. I know it is something that amuses me slightly but honestly so many posters, instead of offering any help thought they were hilarious pointing it out. Or else being really snide - your child is two or whatever it was. Yawn.
The 31 month old!? 🤣🤣 that was a ridiculous thread. Either made up or she was incredibly ‘PFB’ mother

• Haha
Reactions: 8
They're trying to keep their children as babies. The same babies they will boot out the front door the day they turn 18 so they can convert their bedroom into a gym or home office.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
They're trying to keep their children as babies. The same babies they will boot out the front door the day they turn 18 so they can convert their bedroom into a gym or home office.
They either have to be fully capable of cooking and serving a three course meal while they are newborn babies or out the door at 18. There's seldom a happy medium. 😁

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.