Mumsnet #10 Freedom for DDog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's been deleted. I just searched it as I need a laugh!

I had a run in with a horrible mumsnet type older couple at a petrol station earlier as I accidentally went in front of them at the screenwash dispenser and incurred their extreme wrath.
How could you?! Did they ask you if you’d meant to be so rude?

Sorry they were dickheads - there’s a lot of them about

ETA QUICK!!! Someone has done a a thread about the thread!!!! It will also get pulled but if you’re fast enough you might catch it!

Reactions: 7
There's a thread about Madonna that's got me in stitches at the moment. Apparently it's misogynistic and ageist not to worship her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
There's a thread about Madonna that's got me in stitches at the moment. Apparently it's misogynistic and ageist not to worship her 😂
Really? She's a woman in her 60's aspiring to look like a woman in her 30's and that's seen as something positive? Madonna herself is the ageist one.

Reactions: 8
Like her music and as DH isn’t earning squillions I shall not be able to afford a ticket this time… but be telling my friends I’ve already seen her when she was at her best x

Reactions: 7
The tickets to the Madonna show are SO expensive! But for MN with her six figure earning DHs it probably isn't an issue.

Reactions: 6
Madonna in the 80s or 90s absolutely. These days, not so much. I wouldn’t pay to see her after stories of her coming on stage an hour late. Stars that pull that kind of tit can duck off.

Reactions: 13
I enjoyed some of that thread and the cake at work thread today. Someone on the cake thread describes cake as “grim” 🤣
I've seen about 5 variations of the cake at work thread over the years and every time it just reinforces that they're not normal people. The amount of people who apparently won't eat home made cake is staggering. Whenever anyone brings cake into the office in real life it's gone in seconds. I suppose they couldn't 'manage' a slice of cake after having a massive salad or whatever.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The only good thing I've ever seen Madonna do is flying backwards down the stairs. I still get fits of giggles when I think of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Thread about a plum-sized pile and lack of interest from OP's GP receptionist on the topic:

"me interjecting- ‘I have a blue, pulsating pile protruding from my anus the size of a plum, I can barely walk, I’m struggling to look after my child, I’m in constant pain without the naproxen, the doctor told me to call back if the steroids prescribed hadn’t improved the situation.’

GPR deep audible sigh - ‘I’ll put you on the list for the doctor to call you. Bye.’ "

Haemorrhoid-afflicted mumsnetter thinks receptionist is unreasonable not to want to discuss her rectum in more detail so turns to the bum experts on Mumsnet and the thread (not unpredictably) runs to multiple pages.

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
There was a fab teacher thread yesterday. I'm an ex-teacher (I didn't leave because the workload was so bad ;))

As an ex-teacher, I just don't recognise the workload they ALL describe! Maybe they are extremely committed, or teach subjects that require loads of work, but I still think there is some strange obsessions with them, that teachers HAVE to be the MOST hard-working people ever, and no one can say anything that even slightly contradicts that!

Some of my favourite comments were 'Maybe teachers give bad examples when they talk about workload, but they are probably just too tired to think of another example'. Too tired to form a sentence? That's comforting.

Another comment was 'I volunteered for 3 hours at a school, I was so exhausted, any more and I would have collapsed'...What?

Teachers do a great and important job, I respect them, but the mn obsession with them drives me mad!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I work with teachers and I concur. There are some brilliant and some absolutely crap ones. It’s like any profession in that respect, the difference being though crap teachers are very hard to get rid off because their unions will inevitably get involved and back them regardless of the fact they are useless. So schools tends to let them get away with it.

Schools are funny places to work. Many school staff have never had proper jobs in anywhere other than education and don’t have a proper grasp of the real world, and they’d never last five minutes in the private sector. They are without doubt the cliquiest places I’ve ever worked. If you were to tell them that though they’d be shocked because they think saying hello or good morning makes them Uber friendly. There is a total lack of awareness over how they can seem to outsiders (including parents).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
In the past 3 days alone I have spotted several usernames with 'black lab' or '2Labs' or 'lovemylabs' in them.
Here's where it got weird - all of them mentioned having over six foot tall sons and high earning husbands.
Oddly, they also expressed deep feminist values, because it's easy when youve already scored your lifetime meal ticket hubby and a sky high fully paid up mortgage. They achieved this via girl power, not pandering to the patriarchy at all :p

I also made the mistake of reading the S&B board last week. Their recommendations for stylish, current fashions sound 10 years out of date. They are terrified of tall boots, skinny jeans and cardigans, but still think chucking a biker jacket over a prairie dress is cutting edge. Not to mention the obsession with 'trendy white trainers'.
They are also obsessed with what teens are wearing, as if this is a yardstick we all ought to measure our dress sense by.
Teens don't care, they are playing with fads and identities, like we all did. I don't think they're living in reality at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
They preach about individuality but are terrified of it.
They evidently need permission about what to wear. I would have sympathy for this as not all of us are confident with clothing, but the undercurrents of snobbery get me every time.
They always manage to mention that they live in a posh area, and the posh mums are wearing such and such, and of course they make nasty digs about people in Liverpool or the North dressing too tarty. It's just another way for them to boast of their imaginary class status.

"In our very leafy area of poshness all the mums wear wide jeans and white trainers on the school run. Should I copy them or should I keep wearing my now-fashionable boot leg jeans? I could buy some new trainers with my husbands HUGE SALARY but did promise our 7 FOOT SONS and our SIZE 4 WHIPPET THIN DAUGHTER a trip to a national trust property next week so won't be able to slip into London in near future.
We are visiting in laws in the NORTH the week after so won't be able to find anything up there because it's all flat caps, flesh coloured leggings and awful Kim Kardashian make-up, uuuurgh. I mean, can people in the North even source fresh food? SO glad I got out of that council bedsit in Leeds and married my AFFLUENT hubby from the SOUTH EAST"

And I mean, what sad motherf*cker even says that stuff out loud? No one with confidence or real security needs to rabbit on and on about poshness and affluence online. No one. It is so embarrassing and actually makes them look the exact opposite.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
There was a thread yesterday where the OP had the misfortune to refer to her child's age in months. I know it is something that amuses me slightly but honestly so many posters, instead of offering any help thought they were hilarious pointing it out. Or else being really snide - your child is two or whatever it was. Yawn.
31 month old? To be fair that was ridiculous. 😂😂😂 at one stage OOP said how is 31 months almost three 😖😖😖😖

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.