Mrs Meldrum #98 Tap of dreams 5K beam, 6 sausage dinner two nights running for the team

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm very confused by the layout of the new space. If it were me, I'd put the playroom in to the 5th bedroom, proper dining room in to where the playroom is (possibly turning it in to a conservatory) and using the new space as a kitchen/lounge area. Having the table in the middle of the room (it's not that big of a room) with that giant island makes it so cluttered and cramped.

Reactions: 8
I'm very confused by the layout of the new space. If it were me, I'd put the playroom in to the 5th bedroom, proper dining room in to where the playroom is (possibly turning it in to a conservatory) and using the new space as a kitchen/lounge area. Having the table in the middle of the room (it's not that big of a room) with that giant island makes it so cluttered and cramped.
Tbh the girls have big bedrooms, they font need a playroom, the family ( kitchen of many handles) can have some toys in it. I agree, the current playroom could be much better used.

Reactions: 8
All they’ve created is the same space, but lost a sofa and moved the table. I’d be mighty underwhelmed if it was my space. Then again, it’s not and I hope they’re pleased with the Reno. They won’t be. At least they got a free floor out of it.

Reactions: 14
Since we are all giving opinions on the layout, I'd keep the sofa, put the TV on the wall where the sofa is, get rid of the chair and there would be room for the table and the sofa without it looking too cramped. Even just getting rid of the chair would give them more options for the layout. The room isn't big enough to have the table in with all the other furniture, just looks cluttered. I don't mind the grey kitchen but think it would have looked more modern with light stone upper cabinets and navy lower, the grey is already dated. I'd also want new doors but that's maybe not in her budget after shelling out for the huge ceiling lowering beam. Good job neither of them are tall 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Island is too big. Also why have seats at the island and then have the table right next to the stools? Why not just sit at the table? Majority of kitchens have the table away from the breakfast bar bit. Seems pointless and cluttered to me. The tv cabinet is so dated looking, tv needs to go on wall and a more comfy squishy sofa. The cheapest of cheap ikea side table looks random and the gifted dining table doesnt match either.

Once again, an example of them having too much house for the spare cash they have to do it up to be a modern family home.

Reactions: 14
Everything about that house is just a shambles. The kitchen refurb is nothing short of a complete and utter waste of time & money, it’s done nothing at all to improve the place and as usual with the Meldrums it’s another case of egg all over their faces.

Reactions: 16
I would put the dining table where the sofa is, turn the TV slightly and have the sofa where the chair is

Reactions: 2
The whole house needs updating inside and out. Just throwing a new kitchen in and knocking a wall down is not going to make it the modern family home that I think they want. It’s such a strange house for a young family.

Goodness me. That’s much worse than I expected. They should have put all the money into opening it up and creating an opening for bifold doors or something. It’s completely missing that. It looks bloody awful, dark. Just awful. What a waste of money!

Reactions: 10
So is the flooring all the way through downstairs? Looking at the latest pic it’s in the hallway?

Reactions: 1
Goodness me. That’s much worse than I expected. They should have put all the money into opening it up and creating an opening for bifold doors or something. It’s completely missing that. It looks bloody awful, dark. Just awful. What a waste of money!
Yes that what I thought, there’s two windows in that room, why not convert one of them to some bifolds.

Reactions: 3
So is the flooring all the way through downstairs? Looking at the latest pic it’s in the hallway?
Looks like it yes

Shes away for a 'date day' with pat to do xmas shopping. Why is any time out with her husband a date, she needs to grow up. Trying too hard.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
The layout makes no sense. Tiny tv shoved in a corner - just don’t put one in! You don’t ALWAYS need a tv. Tiny dining table drowning in no mans land. All mismatched.

She’s showing off yet she’s got junk cluttering the place up.

Kitchen of dreams? Lol
If they take out the TV who would babysit the children?

• Haha
Putting bifolds in would just lead to the driveway though i think? The kitchen and "family room" doesnt look onto the back garden.

Reactions: 1
It’s meant to look like natural but it just looks like someone has stolen the wall to the other room. I’d be gutted if I paid any amount of money for that.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.