Mrs Meldrum #62 *Consuming Meldrum content may increase faecal bulk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re the affiliate links, yes I understand that many won’t own everything that they link to. A good example is ‘doesmybumlook40’. She has been criticised is the past but is now excellent at labelling posts. All her posts are labelled where stuff came from, when (her memory is amazing!) and her relationship with the brand ie paid partnership, gift, bought etc. She does link loads of stuff that she shows as a ‘try on’ but clearly states it’s an affiliate, is often in the shop (or says where ordered from), generally gives an indication of the price and whether or not she is going to buy it. I love how she will say that she loves it but looks ridiculous or that she doesn’t need another xyz.

shady just comes across as, well, shady

Reactions: 13
Edgy Rebecca, the new fashionista. Follow her for impeccable styling and how to wear what suits you best. Just swipe up for this stunning outfit put together by Rebecca herself. The new look for Autumn 2019 promises to give you that wow factor. Selling out fast Sheeple, so get those fingers poised for swiping. A mere snip at £250 for the full outfit......

View attachment 52908
Omg, that's Hucking Filarious. Glad to see she's painted her orange fireplace white.... Still no log basket though 😉😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I just don’t see how influencers help anyone by scrolling through websites and posting random articles of clothing they like and with the clear intention of encouraging others to part with their cash. Surely people can scroll for themselves and find clothes they like themselves. I get there might be some benefit if clothes are actually tried on and fabric and fit etc could be discussed but just random pictures...?? It really does baffle me! Do followers just want to buy Meldrum approved clothes now? It’s all so odd and slightly depressing!!!

Reactions: 15
Affilate links drive me mad! 21 buttons on the other hand infuriates me! No I dont want to download another bloody app to find out where something is from

Reactions: 8
I just don’t see how influencers help anyone by scrolling through websites and posting random articles of clothing they like and with the clear intention of encouraging others to part with their cash. Surely people can scroll for themselves and find clothes they like themselves. I get there might be some benefit if clothes are actually tried on and fabric and fit etc could be discussed but just random pictures...?? It really does baffle me! Do followers just want to buy Meldrum approved clothes now? It’s all so odd and slightly depressing!!!
But it's not to help followers it's put across that they are doing you a favour but really all they are doing is lining their cheating, scummy greedy pockets.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Anyway, as far as I’m concerned most influencers (imagine saying out loud to someone that’s your job?!) are narcissistic individuals who totally overvalue their worth to society. They exploit young and/or vulnerable individuals (for who on earth would aspire to be a mindless follower of anyone?) to their own gain using underhand techniques. It’s a murky world they operate in! The bubble will burst in time though.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Anyway, as far as I’m concerned most influencers (imagine saying out loud to someone that’s your job?!) are narcissistic individuals who totally overvalue their worth to society. They exploit young and/or vulnerable individuals (for who on earth would aspire to be a mindless follower of anyone?) to their own gain using underhand techniques. It’s a murky world they operate in! The bubble will burst in time though.
I think the bubble will burst quite soon, probably as fast as it appeared. Good riddance to the greedy, lying feckers amongst them 😊

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
It’s frightening how little people know about affiliate links! Surely a way to stop influencers abusing this is when you go to checkout it states “Rebecca meldrum will earn £X.XX on this purchase, do you wish to opt in?” Or something along those lines (sorry, night feed sleepiness) 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Re affiliate links.
Why has no one done anything about that? I follow some German Vloggers who use them (almost as) badly and they were bombarded with warnings from law firms. Even some who used them correctly got some nasty letters form firms!

Is it just because the law in the UK/Scotland is so different? I just can’t get my head around how the meldrums can be doing this for months...

• Wow
Re affiliate links.
Why has no one done anything about that? I follow some German Vloggers who use them (almost as) badly and they were bombarded with warnings from law firms. Even some who used them correctly got some nasty letters form firms!

Is it just because the law in the UK/Scotland is so different? I just can’t get my head around how the meldrums can be doing this for months...
What she's and on you tube
She's also said In past earns pennies .
We need far greater regulation over affiliate links.
If she's been gifted item from company with discount code it's an ad.
If she's sharing random links of items she doesnt own that's wrong and sad.
If she's at linking genuine gifts from family/ friends she's lowest of the low with no class/decency.

Attachments

Last edited:
They are desperately trying to cling to their #kindlygifted lifestyle and the lifestyle they had before. However now instead of advertising kindly gifted dysons etc they are desperately trying to get cash from AF links. It’s sad and shows signs of
Utter desperation (and greed). She’d be as well sitting with a cup outside M and S in a Saturday.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I don't think she ever declared Dyson as gifted then she said she had no idea she was going to feature I their ad.
I be surprised if they paid for the coffee machine maybe it was from AO who kindly gifted the Samsung fridge.

The ao reveiw makes it clear lee meldrum was gifted The fridge over 2k in return for a review.
Ao in happy to test as I want a free oven!
Maybe that's why it hides in the garage.
Can they take a selfie with their fridge

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
I don't think she ever declared Dyson as gifted then she said she had no idea she was going to feature I their ad.
I be surprised if they paid for the coffee machine maybe it was from AO who kindly gifted the Samsung fridge.

The ao reveiw makes it clear lee meldrum was gifted The fridge over 2k in return for a review.
That company is as bad though, how can anyone believe you have been give a product for free and then think you will give an honest review? As an influencer ( modern day dodgy salesperson) you are always on the grab, so giving a poor review for a free product/payment will never happen. The only time it does is when they have parted with their own cash, then it’s moaning here there and everywhere!! I seriously hate how underhand this industry is and I can’t quite believe they are using being ‘friends, just a mum‘ etc to get away with grooming their followers for a sale.

Reactions: 18
Affiliate links are not intended to help anyone!

it’s nothing more than a money generating scam dreamt up by sales people.

influencers sign up and join affiliate link websites and then have access to all the various brands who will PAY THEM every time they GENERATE A SALE! It’s just a cash cow for all involved.
It reminds me of pyramid schemes - all the people in the chain are making money off the back of some poor sod who actually goes out and buys any of the crap that these people are selling!

I think Meldrum has some very deluded & naive followers who seem to hang on her every word & gesture, they actually believe she’s just sharing this crap because she likes it........ 🙁🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I really wanted the dyson cordless because Mrs M said how wonderful it was and it did look good. But I just couldn’t afford it. Then a year later she’s not using it (contract must have stopped) and she’s using a corded one because it’s so much better and more powerful than a cordless 🙄
So so glad I didn’t fall for her sales patter I’ve just recently bought a shark hoover after looking at lots of ‘honest’ reviews and it’s brilliant (and cheaper).

Reactions: 13

As if the review is ever going to be honest when you've got it for free? Even if you intend to be honest, you can't judge the cost of it against your use of it because you haven't paid! (To clarify: I'm not saying Lee is being dishonest at all. Just that the set up doesn't lend itself to the ability to objectively judge the item.)

Reactions: 11
I really wanted the dyson cordless because Mrs M said how wonderful it was and it did look good. But I just couldn’t afford it. Then a year later she’s not using it (contract must have stopped) and she’s using a corded one because it’s so much better and more powerful than a cordless 🙄
So so glad I didn’t fall for her sales patter I’ve just recently bought a shark hoover after looking at lots of ‘honest’ reviews and it’s brilliant (and cheaper).
Love the Shark (My Mum has the Dyson cordless and I think it is useless).

Reactions: 4
As if the review is ever going to be honest when you've got it for free? Even if you intend to be honest, you can't judge the cost of it against your use of it because you haven't paid! (To clarify: I'm not saying Lee is being dishonest at all. Just that the set up doesn't lend itself to the ability to objectively judge the item.)
Of course he’s being dishonest.
they play the game.
they give favourable reviews on all the stuff they get for free because they know brands will continue to send them stuff if they think they are going to get good press off the back of it.
he’s not daft. He’s not going to say “this is a pile of shite, id never pay £2K for it myself but duck it, il keep it because it was free or il sell it on gumtree and make some money off it!”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.