Mrs Meldrum #51 We're itching to know about the kitchen, she's lied so her arse is twitching.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For Christmas I bought a second hand kids ikea kitchen. I swear by the time I prepped it, painted it, spray painted the taps handles etc, resurfaced the work top........it took me longer than the meldrums claim to have done their whole kitchen 🤣
I started my little girls play kitchen last night and I swear it took me about 2 hours to take it all apart 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I totally agree with your points about NICU.. everyone handles situations like that differently. Also regarding the above posters comment about normal births. I dont think she was referring to having a csection as not normal I think she was referring to the fact that she then didnt have to go to NICU afterwards and have that worry.
She could have worded it better!

Reactions: 4
I started my little girls play kitchen last night and I swear it took me about 2 hours to take it all apart 🤣
Thanks i brought one to do up.
Leaving it a few weeks when kids go back.
I have a feeling it's going take a while
Also differing over what colours
Need to buy paints.
Some great ideas on you tube and pinterest

In her half arsed ‘budget’ aka free kitchen transformation video she just comes across bitter that she didn’t get gifted a free kitchen done in her murder mansion.
Typically ungrateful Reb

Reactions: 8
People have been sharing all their personal experiences regarding NICU and she’s had so many messages, most people would say “I’ve had so many messages with people sharing their stories, bare with me and I will reply...” Rebecca’s reponse “I’ve had so many messages, I’m not going to read them all as there are so so many, but thanks for sharing anyway” is she really that much of an @rsehsole!!
YES she is !

Reactions: 6
This pity party she's having for herself is beyond ridiculous now. I'd love to see her cope as a single Mum on benefits with no spare cash or working full time and having to get the kids of a to b before and after a hard day's graft. She sits on her bum with her husband's fantastic salary saying woe is me.

My husband is a chef working 12 hour shifts 5-6 days of the week. I've never once called myself a single Mum or I'm solo parenting even though I do 99% of the child care like a lot of other mothers. He works as hard so I get the luxury of being at home whilst the kids are young. Also he gets 5 weeks off a year not 2 weeks every bloody 2 weeks.

Get over yourself woman!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
People have been sharing all their personal experiences regarding NICU and she’s had so many messages, most people would say “I’ve had so many messages with people sharing their stories, bare with me and I will reply...” Rebecca’s reponse “I’ve had so many messages, I’m not going to read them all as there are so so many, but thanks for sharing anyway” is she really that much of an @rsehsole!!
I was actually feeling sympathetic towards her talking about her experience with Poppy in NICU and then she says that. Imagine being one of those people who have shared their own painful experience with her, only to be told “I won’t be reading that! Thanks for sharing though”. I assume there would be people who messaged her that had really long stays in NICU and even people who did lose their babies and she can’t take the time out of her day to read their message and reply with a heart or something?? This is why she should stick to pushing affiliate links. Don’t open up the conversation about really sensitive issues like this for your own agenda and engagement if you can’t follow through with it. It’s heartless and dangerous.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
So frustrating the comments about nicu! Yes she has a right to feel how she feels, however, the only reason to mention it now and especially on sm is for attention and sympathy! You're not gonna get it from me, just as I wouldn't expect it from someone else because just like me her baby ended up being healthy and happy. Those poor mums that lose their babies and then see her going on, like yes it is very scary seeing your baby on wires but you've already had 2 full years with that baby since then. And I really can't believe she's congratulating herself for being a parent to her own 3 children. Yes the husband went away to work, most do. The only people who I genuinely feel for are widows and wives of those deployed. Fighting wars. If you and your husband chose for him to work away for weeks or even months at a time, that's your choice, and to hear the way she's gone on about it the past 2 weeks is actually a joke.

Reactions: 19
I had a baby boy the day before poppy and he was in special care the same length of time, I was besides myself with emotional pain. I remember clear as day, on day 3 I think of poppy being in, she posted stories all dressed up to the nines, in this flouncy pink shirt “off to lunch with chums to get some normality” I mean sorry but WTF. Poppy being in NICU was nothing but a huge inconvenience for her perfect life and that is why she was so upset! Every day I showered and dressed and tired to be upbeat but my baby was my absolute priority my other children were happy and cared for, so I spent all my time with my new baby who needed me. Not out for lunch with my chums. She also made it clear there was no way she would be expressing any colostrum, which is so so important for those early poorly babes. Even if you don’t want to breastfeed, all women will try and help their early babies with colostrum (I work in NICU) so I know this. Because it makes them feel like there is something they can do. But not grabby, too much inconvenience. She only does what is good for her. And that is when I changed my opinion of her.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I had a baby boy the day before poppy and he was in special care the same length of time, I was besides myself with emotional pain. I remember clear as day, on day 3 I think of poppy being in, she posted stories all dressed up to the nines, in this flouncy pink shirt “off to lunch with chums to get some normality” I mean sorry but WTF. Poppy being in NICU was nothing but a huge inconvenience for her perfect life and that is why she was so upset! Every day I showered and dressed and tired to be upbeat but my baby was my absolute priority my other children were happy and cared for, so I spent all my time with my new baby who needed me. Not out for lunch with my chums. She also made it clear there was no way she would be expressing any colostrum, which is so so important for those early poorly babes. Even if you don’t want to breastfeed, all women will try and help their early babies with colostrum (I work in NICU) so I know this. Because it makes them feel like there is something they can do. But not grabby, too much inconvenience. She only does what is good for her. And that is when I changed my opinion of her.

All SO true. The only person granny cares about is HERSELF. How anyone still likes her I have no idea

Reactions: 9
Her nicu moans are so self indulgent. My now 6 year old 31 weeker was born 2.2lbs and spent 8 weeks in nicu. We are still dealing with health issues. I very rarely talk about it purely because some people had it much worse than us. You never get over seeing a tiny baby being resuscitated, even if it's not yours. There were babies who didn't see a parent for days because they were miles and miles away and the dad couldn't afford to be off work, mum had csection so couldn't drive, very poor public transport etc. It's a very hard place to be in but I wish she could just see she was one of the lucky ones (9 days, healthy baby, both parents available, financial able to cope with added expenses) and have empathy for others worse off.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
She’s using Poppy’s short stay on the NICU for content and to boost engagement- yet again.

Everything about that child - from the moment of conception- has been used and played out on social media to generate money.

Don’t be fooled - Mrs meldrum wasn’t traumatised by anything - she still found the time to film and take photos. Yeahhhh she was really cut up about the whole thing. BOLLOCKS. She was probably rubbing her filthy little hands together - as it provided more content to be used to make money.

They have done nothing but use those kids for money and to get them the grotesque amount of free stuff they happily shovel into the house.

You think she’s a good mum? I beg to differ.

Reactions: 17
I'm not a Meldrum defender by any means but I think it's going a bit far by critising her feelings from when Poppy was in the NICU. Just because it's not how you felt or think you'd feel, it doesn't make it wrong. She's very lucky that everything turned out fine but she will never be able to get the what ifs out of her head. Poppy wasn't kept in the NICU for no reason, it's not like Rebecca asked to have her there for content. She is allowed to still feel that pain and worry.

I've never once bought in to the stuff on here that she doesn't love her children or that she favours one over the other. Just because she doesn't mother the way you do, it doesn't make her a bad mother. Personally speaking, I feel she could definitely be a bit more safety conscious when it comes to Poppy eating alone or in the garden but all 3 girls come across as loving their mother, are clean, fed and thriving. She's daft, ignorant, lazy when it comes to her work and doesn't have a very good grip on the real world outside her villagggggge but I do not think she's a bad mother.
I have worked with parents who have neglected their children who smoke, drink too much and take drugs around their children and many other issues so I agree with you she is not a bad mother , she is spoiled and self absorbed and not a nice person as she has no empathy or compassion she is a snob and truly believes she deserves all the things she wants and does not hide the fact that she finds spending time with her little ones a chore sadly she is not alone ! The problem is of course that she has chosen to be an influencer and she is not an ideal role model Noone is we are all flawed , however she wants all the benefits of her position without any effort to even learn about how she could be affecting the people who follow her casual racism is a problem ! as is her bigotry towards those on benefits she has been very scathing about what she describes as chavs ! she should educate herself about the real world even if she has to pretend , it works for many including our politicians !! but it’s her lazy and entitled attitude and her greed that has brought her to this point but of course she can not see this so blames trolls , jealous bitter people in her words she does this because she can’t grasp why anyone would care about the potential damage her and her ilk are causing to those genuinely suffering with anxiety and depression , those who are lonely and have invested in her and her children and she treats them with utter contempt it is this that makes me dislike her I don’t care if she uses fake tan or that her hair is like straw I care that she lies and uses those who follow her and sets a dreadful example

I was actually feeling sympathetic towards her talking about her experience with Poppy in NICU and then she says that. Imagine being one of those people who have shared their own painful experience with her, only to be told “I won’t be reading that! Thanks for sharing though”. I assume there would be people who messaged her that had really long stays in NICU and even people who did lose their babies and she can’t take the time out of her day to read their message and reply with a heart or something?? This is why she should stick to pushing affiliate links. Don’t open up the conversation about really sensitive issues like this for your own agenda and engagement if you can’t follow through with it. It’s heartless and dangerous.
Spot on 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh my goodness, the refusing to express colostrum is ridiculously selfish. My baby was 10 weeks early and in SCBU for over 3weeks and the nurses made it so clear that it is massively helpful to the baby’s chances of getting better more quickly and gaining strength (I’m sure they called it liquid gold but that may have just been breast milk in general). Rebecca’s surpassed herself again 😠

Reactions: 20
Her nicu moans are so self indulgent. My now 6 year old 31 weeker was born 2.2lbs and spent 8 weeks in nicu. We are still dealing with health issues. I very rarely talk about it purely because some people had it much worse than us. You never get over seeing a tiny baby being resuscitated, even if it's not yours. There were babies who didn't see a parent for days because they were miles and miles away and the dad couldn't afford to be off work, mum had csection so couldn't drive, very poor public transport etc. It's a very hard place to be in but I wish she could just see she was one of the lucky ones (9 days, healthy baby, both parents available, financial able to cope with added expenses) and have empathy for others worse off.
She is so cold and uncaring if it doesn’t affect her it doesn’t matter ! she lives in a world of make believe . Wishing you all the very best 😊

Reactions: 8
I'm not a Meldrum defender by any means but I think it's going a bit far by critising her feelings from when Poppy was in the NICU. Just because it's not how you felt or think you'd feel, it doesn't make it wrong. She's very lucky that everything turned out fine but she will never be able to get the what ifs out of her head. Poppy wasn't kept in the NICU for no reason, it's not like Rebecca asked to have her there for content. She is allowed to still feel that pain and worry.

I've never once bought in to the stuff on here that she doesn't love her children or that she favours one over the other. Just because she doesn't mother the way you do, it doesn't make her a bad mother. Personally speaking, I feel she could definitely be a bit more safety conscious when it comes to Poppy eating alone or in the garden but all 3 girls come across as loving their mother, are clean, fed and thriving. She's daft, ignorant, lazy when it comes to her work and doesn't have a very good grip on the real world outside her villagggggge but I do not think she's a bad mother.
I don’t know how anyone who has seen any footage of Rebecca with her 3 girls can say she doesn’t favour one/treat them differently. It’s one of the first things I noticed when I started following.....even her tone of voice speaking to S & F in the early ish days was so different.

Reactions: 9
You’re so right. When you’ve been in that situation and your baby survived, even with ongoing health issues, all you feel is relief and gratitude. One of my twins died but one didn’t so I have confusing and bittersweet memories and still haven’t sorted that out emotionally yet. Sadness mixed with gratitude is a weird one. A couple of times we’d visit and a baby we’d sat near to and whose parents we’d talked to and cried with hadn’t made it and that was beyond awful. Rebecca’s not really been in the same boat as a lot of preemie parents whose babies were very seriously ill or didn’t make it but she’ll make you think she knows all about that kind of suffering.

• Sad
FWIW, I wasn’t being unsympathetic to her feelings about her baby being in neonatal (in my comment I said “I get that”) but I’m more upset at the fact that she still makes everything about her. I followed at the time and remember finding it odd then too.

Reactions: 12
I don’t know how anyone who has seen any footage of Rebecca with her 3 girls can say she doesn’t favour one/treat them differently. It’s one of the first things I noticed when I started following.....even her tone of voice speaking to S & F in the early ish days was so different.

100%

She treats S like an inconvenience. She goes through the motions with her but you can tell she’s just doing it because she feels obligated to. There’s no bond there. S will already be aware of it - even if she doesn’t understand it yet. There are major troubles brewing there that will explode in a few years.

She treats F like a baby princess. It’s obvious that F is the favourite child. Sun shines out of her. I think F will tip over into a bratty child seeing as they don’t seem to ever discipline her - she gets whatever she wants.

p is nothing more than a business prop. Anytime we see her interact with P is just for Instagram or for a video - she’s never genuinely engaged in her, she’s just putting it on for the camera. You can see it whenever she does that annoying thing of talking at Poppy but constantly looking at herself in the camera, pouting and posing like a bleeping idiot while Poppy sits like a ventriloquist dummy waiting for her prompt. It’s awful to watch.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Sorry but did she actually say she WONT be reading all the comments ha ha!! What a prick i am sure some people reached out for advice who many be going through nicu now and she said she wont be reading all the comments. Wow! At least if you are not reading them all dont bloody say it out loud!!

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.