Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Have been reading this and would like to share a few things to the conversation.

I'm not friends with her, but we have many shared friends/colleagues. She was pretty rude once when I was just trying to be friendly at an event, she probably did not know I had over 30 times the youtube subscribers than her at the time!

I'm a blogger and have been for almost a decade. I belong to many groups for creatives and unfortunately they are now overrun with "instagram mums". To start with it was creatives creating good content that was popular in Google and Pinterest. I make over 70% of my very good income (supporting my whole family on just my work) through adverts on my site. Lots of the instagram and youtube mummies have next to no talent or creative flair. They are just lucky enough to get brand deals and shove a phone camera in their family life. Without these brand deals they would make nothing. I'm reasonably successful on YouTube but I don't do vlogs, I do real content that needs work, time and effort to produce. Adsense doesn't pay much so you would need 50k views every single day just to make minimum wage. Most wouldn't even earn a tenth of the minimum wage without channel mum and the brands.

I have always been transparent with my ads, although sometimes I added it at the end of the description but have stopped doing this. Brand deals for me were only a small percentage of my income.

Lots are now very worried that their main source of income could be under threat since the increased scrutiny. They have no backup plan, all their eggs are in one basket and have not diversified their business to have multiple income streams. They have mortgages to pay and any reduction with the amount of ads will be a struggle to continue.

I'm not worried, as I have multiple income streams and my husband only gave up work once the mortgage was paid off so even if my income went down 90% overnight we would be just fine, but the same can't be said for many others.

Reactions: 31

Ladyhearmetonight

Evening comrades - just checking in. I saw a community police officer earlier and obviously feared the worst. But he was just delivering a leaflet about crime prevention. Have obviously read the leaflet carefully but it doesn't mention anything about committing the serious criminal offence of stating [the true fact] that someone's free Next coat looks like a duvet. So I think I am a free woman....for now

Reactions: 28

UnrealityBytes

" Mrs Meldrum " ......I began watching when I became aware how much she was "influencing " my niece who is a young mum , living in the same area ,with children of similar ages to Florence and Poppy . I was going to buy her a changing bag and she wanted the one Rebecca had enthused about - she was clear it had been a gift but later sold it on a local selling site . I always assumed a lot of their life was a facade and being local could see the reality in many aspects .It has been sad for me to watch my niece and her peers trying to emulate a contrived , shallow and unrealistic lifestyle . The tipping point for me was " He nearly died " . Like many others in the community , my partner works offshore and when there is an incident it affects us all . My initial sympathy turned to horror when I realised it was clickbait - yes , frightening for them , but not a near death experience and definitely irresponsible to be so high drama . I think Rebecca is ambitious and driven but lacks empathy and understanding with no sense of responsibility to those she is targeting . Sad .

Reactions: 26

Redbreast

VIP Member
Hooray! I’m a new member and have been watching this thread for a while now agreeing wholeheartedly with all of you. I started following Reb a few years ago and was actually in awe of her and admired her bubbly, positive attitude to life. Fast forward a year and cracks started to show, it all seemed incredibly false and then i started observing the way she spoke to Lee, he seems bloody terrified to disagree with her on anything, not worth the repercussions of the moody/grumpy and stomp my feet Reb (he just does his uncomfortable, awkward laugh).

Then I started noticing the gradual introduction of more and more ADs and how they contradicted each other. Slowly dawned on me that everything I had been sucked into was all bullshit and one big show. I’m annoyed at myself for reading all her posts and actually thinking they were genuine snippets into her life. Then another mum on channel mum (mumma Izzo, who is New) who is the sweetest mum had a forth child and literally days later Reb announced she wanted a fourth child in her YT video. This just stank of jealousy and her not being in the limelight.

This, coupled with her passive aggressive remarks on Instagram (her reply to one Sheep was along the lines of: thankfully there’s lots of online laws to protect people” basically trying to threaten people not to have an opinion) made me really dislike her. I commented saying people aren’t jealous folks, just a bit fed up of the continuous ADs and the lack of transparency and I was blocked.

I also commented asking her how safe she felt leaving her children with complete strangers and then what do you know few hours later there were pictures of all her kids cuddling the reps and a comment on how much they trust them and love them. So see through.

Lastly, I’m sick of her striving to be the best of everything and her snobbery. She is not posh and never will be. Wreaks of desperation. Sick of her treatment to those just want to ask questions and have a different opinion. She is running a business and can’t expect to have all good feedback. You can’t just delete everything. It’s eventually going to turn people off if her viewers can’t express themselves. Feel absolutely ridiculous that I admired a woman who admitted herself on her you tube video that she had everything done for her growing up and didn’t have to clean or help out or lift a finger. Coming from someone who suffered terrible abuse as a child and who had no choice but to contribute why on earth have I followed a woman who has no real life experience and has had everything handed to her on a plate and appears to always get her own way. Thank the lord I don’t have to see her moody, grumpy & ungrateful face anymore!

Reactions: 26

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
good afternoon every guys....

The comments have been noted, I’m taking it all on board guys.
I know I’m bleeding you all dry with the ads guys, so...
here’s another ad.
But it’s just #VictimModeActivated I’ve been snowed under with moving house. I’ve taken too much work on and need to get some money in the bank to pay the mortgage. You know how it is guys....
And the ghost won’t feed itself

padded out vlog of complete and utter rubbish before we get to the shit I’ve been paid for ?
Oh and a cheeky chance to plug that Instagram.. come follow me.
Rebecca “cracks on” with some “pottering”
And already has a conference call with YouTube influencers scheme. #HowtoBleedTheSubsDry101

“I’m by myself in this job”.... oh hey there Lee, go eat your bone lovie.
Lunch... no Ella’s Kitchen ??‍♀

Good to see poppy nugget isn’t contagious. She seems better now that Rebby can’t post about “mummy guilt”

Can we ban the words “cheeky” and “pottering”

Oh my god, the child is using the #ad to check her steps and activity.... are you actually shitting me here Rebecca.
This is low. This actually is very, very low.
Awful angle sweetie... if you’re gonna use your child in this manner i don’t mind commenting those jeans do nothing for you.

You have a degree in bullshit. Pure bullshit.

I’d feel chills in that house too Rebby..... right down my spine.

VivaFit junior.... give your child an eating disorder or exercise obsession from young ??‍♀?
It’s always good to know your young daughter is doing 20’000 steps and it’s always good to have a machine tell your daughter to move more. ?
Here’s an idea, get of your ass and encourage her AS A MUM!!! Play, run, have fun with them! You don’t need to get a fecking watch to get her to “move more” you don’t need her to log in and check her activity to unlock princesses.
Get a ball and go play in the garden
I has the rage, I actually have the rage.
Sorry all...

Glad you’re getting the fire guard mind. Throw your morals on it.
Oh they’re long gone sorry..... stuck with wood

Reactions: 23

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Can I just say thank you to Lee and Rebecca,
with out their constant uploads of the quality and content we’ve come to expect on their YouTube and Instagram.

I would never have found you lovely lot in one place ?

THANK YOU REBBIE & LEE...
In exchange for you morals and your kids privacy we have this wonderful chat full of... “good eggs”
It’s a belter of a thread.
#StayUnnormalTeam

Also we’re coming close to Meldrum thread 6!
Get your suggestions/votes in soon...

Reactions: 21

OliviaPope

Someone been given new furniture from oak furniture land?? It’s all from there. Produced on mass I think as delivers in 2-3 weeks. Thought she’d have gone to Anderson’s of Inverurie or local to Duncan’s of Banchory
No where local would “gift” them 5 grand worth of furniture!! It’s just absolute greed. What more can I say.

And no this is not jealousy, they could afford £600k house they should be able ot furnish it. Maybe this will be a paid partnership and it will become an #ad with the furniture part of the deal, fair enough.

But to “gift” that much furniture when there is people in the North East of Scotland that have nothing some don’t even have carpets on their floors, kids don’t have a bed of their own to sleep in at night.

They have no shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21

Mabelrose

VIP Member
No Reb sharing a Facebook post isn't the same as actually getting off your lazy arse and doing something for charity!
As someone who lives near by and is on the local selling sites has already said....they SELL everything!!! They are ‘kindly gifted’ thousands of pounds worth of products every year yet sell everything they own, get given a new mattress...sell out old one, get given a new dyson...sell our old one!!! I firmly believe in the action of paying it forward, they have good fortune at the moment...maybe pay that forward a bit, donate your old things as you have been lucky enough to be given new ones!! I remember her moaning they had been sent a parcel ( a gift) but the postage was wrong and she would have to pay to get it but did t want to because she didn’t know what was in it!! Basically meaning it might not be worth it!! People did actually comment saying how tight! You are sent free stuff all the time but you are quibbling over £20!, that’s why I don’t like them, I can’t stand tight, greedy people and their attitude towards animals tells me a lot!!! She wears fur and they can give back that dear little kitten without a second thought. In my opinion they’re not nice.

Reactions: 20
I haven’t posted before, but that comment about ‘struggles’ is disgusting. I have just seen a report on poverty in the UK on Channel 4 news - people who have £30 aweek to live on or nothing at all, while they have been waiting weeks and weeks for universal credit.

These vlogers, instamums whatever, need a SERIOUS reality check - totally entitled and consumed by consumerism with not a shred of humility between them. The likes of instagram and YouTube are helping people reach ridiculous heights of narcissism, god knows what kind of parents them become in the process ???

Reactions: 20

Bella Ciao

Let’s put it this way - if you didn’t pay for it with your own money (does she even know what that is) then it’s a bloody AD.
Anyone agree?

Reactions: 19

Nickykelmo

I've been a long time follower of Mrs Meldrum. She used to be so down to earth. What she doesn't seem to realise is that when everything you showcase is an ad/gifted it's hard to believe anything that she says. She's advertising Olay this morning... wait a minute, wasn't Elemis the best thing ever five minutes ago? By saying yes to everything, she is really losing her integrity. I'm sure she's making lots of money in the short term but I really hope for her sake that they don't have a 25 year mortgage because this income isn't going to last.

Reactions: 19

EdgyLegend

VIP Member
Wow....it seems her die hard sheep have the same amount of intelligence as her.........little to zero. The irony of coming on here and calling us cows then say we are bullying ?‍♀

Everytime she gets caught out she plays the victim card and claims to be taking a step back. Lo and behold she’s back 2 days later loving life and not letting anything get to her. It’s all smoke and mirrors.

With regards to the house purchase, I think for once they been ripped off and not the poor ?
She is the eternal victim, she has a hard life, she made a little mistake because the guidelines are murky, she works so hard, blah blah blah its all poor me. And now threads like this that call her out on her faults and mistakes are merely bullying poor little Rebecca.

I'm fed up with her using mental health as an excuse each time she makes a "boob", stepping away from the camera because of anxiety (while still managing to post ads, gifts and affiliated links) then coming back 2 days later saying she's better. It makes a complete mockery out of those genuine mental ill health sufferers.
If you genuinely suffer from acute anxiety and poor mental health why not do a video about it? Discuss your symptoms and how you're tackling it, signpost agencies for help and support. I would bet that would be of more use to struggling mums than a Matalan haul. Instead of claiming poor mental health then bouncing back 2 days later, setting unrealistic expectations for other mums who genuinely suffer and can't be all sunshine again after a couple of days.
Emily Norris may be ad heavy byt at least she's spoken honestly about her difficulties with separation anxiety and her abuse.

Reactions: 18

EdgyLegend

VIP Member
Which one is it Rebecca, you either spend your days "pottering" round the house, walking in the woods, shopping and seeing friends (as she's said all week) or you are a hard working mum with a full time job who is constantly busy filming and editing. Because as a mum with an actual full time job I would love to have as many days doing bugger all as you do!

MrBull

VIP Member
I live in a nearby village. I know the people who sold them the house. I have seen the Meldrums out and about. I know some of their friends. But somebody writes the odd lie on this site ( shed up for sale ) for instance and then 5 others quote the lie and suddenly it becomes a fact !!! I just feel so frustrated reading lie after lie. Even sad comments about the house. Some folk like magnolia paint and oak. I guess they were older people than most of you. And I'm sure Mrs Meldrum will quickly personalise the house to her own taste ( and it doesn't have to be to Your taste believe it or not )
You’re right. It is frustrating reading lies. See DLP saga.

Life88

I find this all so sad. Especially at this time of year where so many families including mine are trying to do more for those with less. We are in no way well off, but we will be using our last £15 this month doing a food shop for the local food bank because it is important to make our children aware that there are so many people who have so much less than us. I just find it sad that this family have so much but never give back, like you've all said they didn't leave that shed to a family who have just brought a part owned house so they clearly are starting out on the housing market and all they could think about was making £350. So sad and greedy.

Reactions: 17
Hi, new member here.

Came across this from when someone mentioned Tattle in Mrs M’s IG comments.

Anywho, I’m a long time viewer of her channel, have to say now, completely fed up, I know her circumstances have changed from when she started but the non stop ADs, kindly gifted and I’m being trolled stuff has been the last straw for me as a viewer.

The DLP fiasco was the biggest turning point for me, as they completely lied to their viewers, so now are completely untrustworthy.

Deleting comments from people who are questioning their ethics and only having positive stuff is ridiculous. People should be allowed to express their opinion without being labelled as a troll etc. The best example I’ve seen on IG of someone dealing well with criticism is Mother Pukka, she has made a few bloopers in her time, but each time she has, she’s held her hands up and admitted it and is happy to engage with her followers when they have been critical of her and shes opened up a good discussion with them. It’s a shame Mrs M and other instamums can’t follow suit really. I’ve also binned off a load of the Channel Mum lot who I followed as it’s just non stop ads and selling stuff to viewers.

I must say, I know many aren’t overly keen on Lee but I do find him fairly inoffensive, I know he didn’t do himself any favours at all with his lie about DLP and meeting the princesses, I do get the impression he is rather henpecked by Mrs M, especially in joint videos there seems to be a lot of him being spoken over etc.

Anyway, it’s been refreshing to read the amount of people who used to enjoy her content but who now are completely hacked off by it. It’s a real shame she can’t take constructive criticism as she could have turned this situation around. I do think she will eventually find herself loosing more viewers due to the Avalanche of ADs.

As for flogging all the freebies on selling pages, I think that is terrible, although it seems to be a common theme with influencers. So many families who are less fortunate could benefit from that, especially at this time of year.

Reactions: 17

Star_seeker

Well aren't you a horrible judgmental cow. You saw a little snippet of their life and their parenting. Where you right by them? Did you see Reb before she gets 'snappy' with them? I get snappy with my kids if they're walking slow on the school run, because they don't concentrate where they're going sometimes!

You can't judge someone's parenting by seeing a little snippet. You have no idea what happened 2 mins before or when they're at home.

I gather your kids are perfect and you never get snappy at them ?
Did I say I was perfect? No. Do I blog my life and pretend to be perfect? No

It isn't 2 minute snippets, believe me. It's frequent. Every time I see them out and about it's the same. Just disinterested and switched off, or snappy.

A lot is known by people who grew up with them. Things that would really embarrass them if they were ever revealed (which I won't, not my place). They aren't picture perfect but attempt to portray that they are.
Just my opinion, you are allowed to voice yours in shouty bold font, am I allowed to express mine?

Reactions: 16

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
5C7F8EBD-5C1C-403A-90D6-717202609302.jpeg

OH OH....

1) A sponsored ASOS haul lovely!!
you know the one where you’re gifted a certain number of items a month and you’re allowed pretend you bought them

2) Tips and Tricks on how you trained your puppy Chicken Royal.

3) What to do when your husband ditches his job to be a mummy vlogger, and the best places to keep his balls that fit in with the autumnal aesthetic.

4) A Sponsored video for something nobody in their right mind needs ??‍♀
Or a review of the 29th buggy you’ve been sent for free.

5) Tips on how to fake a friendship online... because we KNOW you yummy mummy bloggers all hate each other ? (I’m including Lee)

I hope she takes one of my suggestions on board ?

Reactions: 16
F

FamHam

Shouldn't hmrc be investigating her if she's selling thousands of pounds of freebies for cash? I doubt she's declaring it and all these £50 here and there adds up. Even small infuencers seem to get sent loads of stuff every week!

It's all so grubby.

Reactions: 15