Mrs Meldrum #5 1 Hundred Thousand Sheep, 4 Thousand Tattle Posts, Meldrum Seems Quite Rattled And It’s Nout’ To Do With Ghosts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yawn stories

If i keep repeating something maybe people will believe me.

Poor lees been up in night
Feel so bad leaving my poorly babe.

If it genuinely is a work thing you cant rearrange suck it up.

Funny how mum guilt works
Miss safayas special assembly to go shopping and speed clean no guilt there.

Leave a sick baby in neilson holiday cell with lee whukst she went out to dinner and drank gin again no mum guilt then.

Not takev poppy to disney land again not 1 ounce of guilt.

Mum guilt strikes at random times.
Is it really necessary to go STRAIGHT to London the very next working day after getting 100k subscribers? Presumably this is to pick up some stupid placque.

I think the thing is, is that she was out all day whilst Poppy was sick, and will do the same tomorrow. I appreciate that the work couldn't be changed, but if you knew you were going to be away from your poorly baby tomorrow, wouldn't you swap with Lee so you could be there today? I mean I'm on my own now, but I would have kind of thought that when we were together my husband would have wanted to be with our sick son to comfort him if he was going to work the next day? So it isn't a sexist thing, but a parent thing?
Exactly!!! She could’ve stayed home with her yesterday but she chose not too, and then feels guilty??

Reactions: 2
The little skirmish with Rosie did get me thinking about influencer fraud and some of the shady things that are going on. I'm not suggesting MrsM Ltd is doing any of these things, this is more general in the industry as a whole.

- Undisclosed ads and gifting - is a review a genuine review or not - does the consumer know the influencer is incentivised to show off the product?
- Like pods amongst the influencer community creating fake engagement
- Buying likes and followers - a quick google shows there are dozens of companies offering this service - 1000 likes costs as little as £7!! how are these companies allowed to exist??
- Deleting comments so that only positive comments stand - this gives consumers and brands a misleading version of whether an influencer is popular or worth investing in or not - would a more traditional company get away with this? (well I suppose F&F did it but does this make it ok?)
- Fake profiles and bots - even with a private small profile you get bombarded with obviously fake profiles wanting to follow you - this isn't really fair on the influencers that want to be squeaky clean

Have I missed anything off? Why is nothing being done about this by the social media platforms or other regulators?

Reactions: 3
Just a thought has lee got another company in his name? I can remember in the he left his job video that he wanted to do something else. I wonder if he’s hiding another source of income from the video to make her look more successful than she is!!

The little skirmish with Rosie did get me thinking about influencer fraud and some of the shady things that are going on. I'm not suggesting MrsM Ltd is doing any of these things, this is more general in the industry as a whole.

- Undisclosed ads and gifting - is a review a genuine review or not - does the consumer know the influencer is incentivised to show off the product?
- Like pods amongst the influencer community creating fake engagement
- Buying likes and followers - a quick google shows there are dozens of companies offering this service - 1000 likes costs as little as £7!! how are these companies allowed to exist??
- Deleting comments so that only positive comments stand - this gives consumers and brands a misleading version of whether an influencer is popular or worth investing in or not - would a more traditional company get away with this? (well I suppose F&F did it but does this make it ok?)
- Fake profiles and bots - even with a private small profile you get bombarded with obviously fake profiles wanting to follow you - this isn't really fair on the influencers that want to be squeaky clean

Have I missed anything off? Why is nothing being done about this by the social media platforms or other regulators?
That trip to Disney isn’t still clear, the description in the info box is really vague and made to look like it’s a breeze at Disneyland when it’s not. They had to have the VIP passes otherwise wouldn’t have made it to most ride in that short of a time. Disney is been unrealistic not all can pay the trip let alone VIP tickets. This advert is misleading and not clear at all. Going to find out how to get in touch with Disney over this.

Just a thought has lee got another company in his name? I can remember in the he left his job video that he wanted to do something else. I wonder if he’s hiding another source of income from the video to make her look more successful than she is!!
Doubtful hes got the time

Maybe hes flogging things ebay and local groups free gifted stuff, spare sheds that sort of thing.

Poor tesco blanked out of vlog video its all disney.

Puzzled by their lack of response

Watched the vlog sounded like a sales patter lets go see the cup cake person.
We get disney channels

Why they so obsessed with gin

Reactions: 1
Doubtful hes got the time

Maybe hes flogging things ebay and local groups free gifted stuff, spare sheds that sort of thing.

Poor tesco blanked out of vlog video its all disney.

Puzzled by their lack of response

Watched the vlog sounded like a sales patter lets go see the cup cake person.
We get disney channels

Why they so obsessed with gin
I have emailed Tesco as ask them to clarify what that Disney trip was about and who arranged it and who paid for what.

The Disney vlog is clearly an ad. With all the furore surrounding the trip followed by her emotional response then surely you would not post that vlog - unless there was a contractual obligation to do so. I have never been aware of any obligations surrounding any gifts I have been given. If I was waking up with a knot in my stomach then I would not post a vlog bringing up all the discussion again. ?
She’s called RosiePosie......says it all really!!!! #sicklysweetyummymummytroll ?

So the #next AF jumper she ‘bought’ from @Next... is that with her own money or voucher given by @Next?

The Disney vlog is clearly an ad. With all the furore surrounding the trip followed by her emotional response then surely you would not post that vlog - unless there was a contractual obligation to do so. I have never been aware of any obligations surrounding any gifts I have been given. If I was waking up with a knot in my stomach then I would not post a vlog bringing up all the discussion again. ?
Fancy telling us at the end of it what was what, who paid for it and how much that trip was, yes that would be helpful since they made it very misleading, it’s a poor advert! Very dishonest and portraying it’s all good when it’s busy but it’s not and there’s not many that can pay for the trip let alone VIP tickets.

Exactly!!! She could’ve stayed home with her yesterday but she chose not too, and then feels guilty??
She couldn't win either way yesterday though. Saffiyah had her birthday outing to the cinema yesterday. Reb would have been slated if she had missed that.

So the #next AF jumper she ‘bought’ from @Next... is that with her own money or voucher given by @Next?
No idea was affiliate link

She and the girls wear so much next

Duvet coat is next

Even yesterday having quiet day she managed sneak an ad affiliate link in.
Sheep might not onow what af means

She couldn't win either way yesterday though. Saffiyah had her birthday outing to the cinema yesterday. Reb would have been slated if she had missed that.
So Lee couldn’t have done it!?! It’s ok for him to stay at home all the time with sick children including on holiday but it’s not ok for her?!

No idea was affiliate link

She and the girls wear so much next

Duvet coat is next

Even yesterday having quiet day she managed sneak an ad affiliate link in.
Sheep might not onow what af means
People have complained to her about the amount of adds she add lately, she even had a woman that put exactly how many and the period in which they had been posted, not sure but something like 15 adds in such a short period and she said it was only due to her management of it that it happened that way. People are noticing more and more.

Not registered as a director no
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/SVc0y7rK_YSFofafa1l4U8PO0xk/appointments
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC526076/officers

In case you don't trust the links for fear of dodgy websites:
Lee's directorships

1.jpg

And the Meldrum company directors
2.jpg

All above freely available under public access on the Companies House website
It seems that she has primary control over the business.
Registered addresses will be accountants etc - don't go pestering them they just represent clients
The fact they had another vlogging channel yet only have one company registered is perfectly normal. Another channel can simply be regarded as a trading style of the other channel etc
To be completely fair they have unlike some other vloggers to have registered quite early on in their vlogging careers

I
Not registered as a director no
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/SVc0y7rK_YSFofafa1l4U8PO0xk/appointments
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC526076/officers

In case you don't trust the links for fear of dodgy websites:
Lee's directorships

View attachment 1931

And the Meldrum company directorsView attachment 1932

All above freely available under public access on the Companies House website
It seems that she has primary control over the business - nothing too unusual about that
Registered addresses will be accountants etc - don't go pestering them they just represent clients
The fact they had another vlogging channel yet only have one company registered is perfectly normal. Another channel can simply be regarded as a trading style of the other channel etc
To be completely fair they have unlike some other vloggers to have registered quite early on in their vlogging careers
In some ways they always thourght if ut as business and big money maker

Yet when tit hits the fan they just a lovely family trying to survive long cold Scottish winter

Do we think chicken supreme can be trusted not to do any funny insta stories whilst rebs away.

Wonder what's in his slowcooker
Nursery and school run with sick baby.

Maybe Mimi saved the day.

They are both directors so they are equally responsible for ensuring the company operates in line with all applicable laws and regulations.

Agree with this "Yet when tit hits the fan they just a lovely family trying to survive long cold Scottish winter".

People have complained to her about the amount of adds she add lately, she even had a woman that put exactly how many and the period in which they had been posted, not sure but something like 15 adds in such a short period and she said it was only due to her management of it that it happened that way. People are noticing more and more.
Pick any influencer, any of them, and count up the number of ads/gifts/affs/freebies in a month. You will be shocked by the number.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.