Mrs Meldrum #46 It’s my pity party and I’ll cry (and call you bullies) if I want to!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The petition to revoke article 50 got more than 5 million signatures and still......
Good luck to them and their major world change first world problem petition😊

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Long time lurker, just registered to be able to comment.
I sometimes watch the Meldrum content, but not regularly. I read here because I find it interesting to see the different perspectives. Sometimes the comments are a bit much for me but over all I think they are fair observations and interpretations.
I think as soon as a person considers themselves ‘an influencer’ (I can’t stand this title), they have a responsibility. They need to be very careful about what they share, take their job seriously, follow the rules, accept both positive and negative feedback, listen to their audience, pay attention.
I don’t like to see people upset. I don’t like to see people struggle. I also don’t like seeing people selling their children. I don’t have a problem with kids being in the background, or making an occasional appearance, but I don’t like having their lives shared like they are a piece of property.
If this is her rock bottom, then she’s fortunate. She has a home, a supportive and healthy partner, a loving family, healthy children, she is healthy, she has food to feed herself and her family. She has friends. She has access to good healthcare.
If she quit her current job, they moved into a modest home, Lee went back offshore, she would still have all the same important things. Yes their lives would change, but they could still be very happy. She has no idea of hardship (thankfully neither have I).
The house move was a huge mistake for them. She thought it would make her happy.
Do any of these you tubers think about the future? Do they consider, that not only in five or ten years, when their kids aren’t little anymore, that people will lose interest? That, much like blogging, vlogging won’t be a big deal anymore?

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I'm proper 🤣🤣🤣 at the thought of tattle being discussed in parliament! Hilarious! Looking the mrsmeldrum threads ( as well as others obvs) and seeing us gossiping about fake tan, guinea pigs, mysterious holes and dippy eggs 🤣🤣🤣 and then lots of actual useful advice for our Reb!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I think what people are forgetting.

The Meldrums ltd are a brand and business.
A business can't
1. It can't publish a racist slur.
2. Delete all negative feedback.
3. Lie about advertising
4. Lie about endorsements.

Most people here were fans of Rebecca's.
I was until I realised she was lying to us.

If she was more open and didn't just delete and block everyone who disagreed with her she wouldn't be on #46 [emoji2368]

And this is where the influencer market has got sheep by ten balls - the personable aspect gets people right in the feels and means misdemeanours can be forgiven.

If she put as much effort into her fundraising or parenting as she does crying about gossip she’d do a lot better.

Reactions: 13
I'm proper 🤣🤣🤣 at the thought of tattle being discussed in parliament! Hilarious! Looking the mrsmeldrum threads ( as well as others obvs) and seeing us gossiping about fake tan, guinea pigs, mysterious holes and dippy eggs 🤣🤣🤣 and then lots of actual useful advice for our Reb!
Jacob Rees-Mogg: "Oh Boris, have you heard about Meldrum and her village? No? How about that part time working mummy and her crew? No? Oh you must have heard about Chris Ingham then?"

Boris Johnson: "Hmm, no. I will take a look."

*Boris starts a trash thread about Michael Gove*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Story up today asking for her followers to "please not take it out on brands I have previously worked with" and that their hands are often tied.
She knows her followers are doing as much, if not more, damage as the people who report her deceptive behavour!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
What I find confusing is how her husband and her are full time youtubers with a big house and only 25k views on average??
I would have thought you’d have to have a lot more views then that to make money and for brands to contact you?

Reactions: 7
And, not to fight with the trolls.
She publicly named a "troll" (to be clear Kermit, you arent a troll 💗) knowing full well her followers would go after her!

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Story up today asking for her followers to "please not take it out on brands I have previously worked with" and that their hands are often tied.
She knows her followers are doing as much, if not more, damage as the people who report her deceptive behavour!
It’s really embarrassing, she’s making it worse for herself

Reactions: 17
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure if kids are paid to do advertising, T.V work or modelling through proper agencies, there are strict rules around safe guarding, child protection, child exploitation and the amount of time they are allowed to work?
So I say bring on your petition and "IF" it ever got the light of day anywhere then hopefully they'll pull from Tattle how all of the above rules are broken daily, hourly even, by all of these "influencer" Mummy's. And these poor kids might be able to go back to having a private childhood with their parents not having an emotional breakdown on the internet every few weeks!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I just saw this petition over on Facebook. It was apparently started because Part Time Working Mummy was supposedly being trolled by someone over some fund money she raised and they had said she hadn't been transparent about where or how the money was spent. Had never heard of her until this morning but had a look and she has a lot of followers and looks to be another complaining influencer. There are numerous gossip magazines out there and celebrities get ripped to shreds but their management will tell them not to look. There are even full time professional 'critiques' who can give restaurants and theatres/films horrendous reviews. It is all part of being in the public eye. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. The trouble is, these self appointed 'influencers' who have put themselves and their families in the public eye, have no clue how to deal with the critiscm that will undoubtedly come their way. They are in over their heads.

Reactions: 13
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure if kids are paid to do advertising, T.V work or modelling through proper agencies, there are strict rules around safe guarding, child protection, child exploitation and the amount of time they are allowed to work?
So I say bring on your petition and "IF" it ever got the light of day anywhere then hopefully they'll pull from Tattle how all of the above rules are broken daily, hourly even, by all of these "influencer" Mummy's. And these poor kids might be able to go back to having a private childhood with their parents not having an emotional breakdown on the internet every few weeks!!!
Yes there are, one of my children has done child modelling and they are very strict about this. Even payment HAS to go directly to the child’s bank account.

I think these insta mums using their kids to make them money definitely needs to be looked into.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
And she’s written a book?? Who the hell would buy it??
I am at a loss for words with what is considered an ‘influencer’ !?
To me an influencer is someone who does really good things like travel to impoverished countries to help orphans or set up a youth hostel or atleast be a normal mum giving other normal mums advice and support.
I really wish brands would take more responsibility and focus more heavily on talented or courageous people with life experiences that can actually influence people for the better. Not just a pretty fake face like in love island or a fake smiling family.
I am actually saddened to the core with what our society is becoming.
When I was a child I looked up to Florence nightingale and buzz aldrin and inventors who changed the world. It’s all so shallow these days and I think the stick these people get are the backlash from an ever increasing pretentious empty society.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I just saw this petition over on Facebook. It was apparently started because Part Time Working Mummy was supposedly being trolled by someone over some fund money she raised and they had said she hadn't been transparent about where or how the money was spent. Had never heard of her until this morning but had a look and she has a lot of followers and looks to be another complaining influencer. There are numerous gossip magazines out there and celebrities get ripped to shreds but their management will tell them not to look. There are even full time professional 'critiques' who can give restaurants and theatres/films horrendous reviews. It is all part of being in the public eye. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. The trouble is, these self appointed 'influencers' who have put themselves and their families in the public eye, have no clue how to deal with the critiscm that will undoubtedly come their way. They are in over their heads.
The petition was originally started by the 'wonderful' mummychelle, as both her and her kids packed lunches were mentioned on here a lot. It only had 7 signatures before, but then the Hinch army, Meldrum's lot and PTWM crew have made it blow up...

Nothing to be concerned about though. If they shut down Tattle (highly unlikely), then they would have to shut down the likes of Mumsnet, Reddit etc too. Plus, another forum would open up very quickly no doubt.

Reactions: 12
For those not on Instagram. The grammar hurts my eyes.
With her type it’s all about me me me, and when they lose control they panic and rally the fans to defend then. She needs to understand that people are entitled to an opinion. She doesn’t have to read the comments made about her.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.