Mrs Meldrum #46 It’s my pity party and I’ll cry (and call you bullies) if I want to!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with the view that you do not cry at work. This a rule I have. However, I don't believe that because this job is in the public eye comments regarding personal choice (fake tan, smoking, drugs etc.) are open to discussion. The conduct of a limited company however is open to scrutiny. This is why Companies House is a publically available, free source of information and the Companies Act 2006 legislates on Directors conduct.
But her personal life is intertwined with her business. Her, as a person, as a mother, as a wife IS the entirety of the whole business. It’s what the business is built on. It’s the arsenal she uses to draw people in and it’s ultimately the tool she uses to advise and make money.

That’s the fundamental flaw with “mummy influencers” - peer to peer marketing only works if the seller has a foundation of trust with the audience- by trying to create and maintain a fake persona it was never going to end well. She lies - that’s the issue. Take this ridiculous fake tan nonsense- it’s a completely inconsequential thing - but she keeps telling a lie, even when it’s been proved that it’s a lie she carries on with it. If she’s telling lies about something as silly as bloody fake tan then what else is she lying about?
That’s why her personal life has been called into question- it’s the foundation of her business and it’s been proven to be a fabrication.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I honestly cant get my head around how it has come to this. Almost 10,000 people have signed a petition that was created for her to shut down tattle. And she is blubbering about 15 trolls ruining her life.

Why doesnt she just not read here? Read and engage with the comments that support her?

The situation is just nuts. What on earth is going through her head?
Imagine if these people got behind an actual good cause.

But maybe they are all the type that would turn up to a food bank empty handed? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 19
Lots of people bleating on about tattle on IG today 😴 even really small accounts, saying sign the petition.
Do they not realise if this site was wrong, so is every gossip magazine, cheap newspaper, daily mail comments section, buzz feed etc etc
Oh and free speech, that’ll have to go too 🙄
Lots of people going on about it in groups I'm in too. It's mainly about part time working mummy and what's going on with her - everything seems a bit of a shitshow with all instamums right now!

Reactions: 6
But her personal life is intertwined with her business. Her, as a person, as a mother, as a wife IS the entirety of the whole business. It’s what the business is built on. It’s the arsenal she uses to draw people in and it’s ultimately the tool she uses to advise and make money.

That’s the fundamental flaw with “mummy influencers” - peer to peer marketing only works if the seller has a foundation of trust with the audience- by trying to create and maintain a fake persona it was never going to end well. She lies - that’s the issue. Take this ridiculous fake tan nonsense- it’s a completely inconsequential thing - but she keeps telling a lie, even when it’s been proved that it’s a lie she carries on with it. If she’s telling lies about something as silly as bloody fake tan then what else is she lying about?
That’s why her personal life has been called into question- it’s the foundation of her business and it’s been proven to be a fabrication.
Her personal life is her own, to use as much fake tan, smoke as many cigarettes, put her children to work as much as she and Lee are comfortable doing. The Companies Act 2006 is only interested in corporate misdemeanours. ASA and CMA are whom she and Lee are accountable to. So far, there is a lot to answer to

Reactions: 4
Her personal life is her own, to use as much fake tan, smoke as many cigarettes, put her children to work as much as she and Lee are comfortable doing. The Companies Act 2006 is only interested in corporate misdemeanours. ASA and CMA are whom she and Lee are accountable to. So far, thete is a lot to answer to
I respectfully disagree.

If you are going to use your personal life and the personal lives of your children/family to make money then you are making a choice to turn your personal life into a public commodity.

There is a line where actors/musicians etc can draw a line because the product they are selling isn’t their entire personal life. But if you are going to open yourself up to living a Big Brother style life then the consumers of your product will comment on what they see - rightly or wrongly.

Reactions: 17
As far as what is happening on IG, I’ve been reading on Tattle since the KKK incident, as much as at times I think there have been some nasty tattler comments, it doesn’t compare to the volume of nastiness that Rebecca’s followers are coming out with, it’s a shocking way for people to communicate with each other, especially when a lot of what is being said about tattle simply isn’t factually correct

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This is all going to back fire on her, she’s very silly to make that video as now all of her followers are targeting brands. This will lead to no brand wanting to work with her. The way she has gone about this is totally wrong and very unprofessional as a business.
When I read Mrs Meldrum threads on her I do believe there is no trolling, she has put herself in the public eye and people will have options, she over shares her life and all her content is very shabby and unprofessional. If you watch how Emily Norris and Katie Ellison do an ad you can tell they’ve done their research and spent alot of time creating the right content. She is drowning in this industry and needs to go back to doing it as a hobby

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Imagine if these people got behind an actual good cause.

But maybe they are all the type that would turn up to a food bank empty handed? 🤷‍♀️
She’ll share the link to that petition more than she shared the link to her husband’s neonatal unit fundraising page.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She’ll share the link to that petition more than she shared the link to her husband’s neonatal unit fundraising page.
Mmmmm.....evidence suggest Mrs. M was invited to support similar petition previously and ignored. Everyone needs a scapegoat eh?!! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I wasn’t aware of any petition going on about having Tattle close down🤔! I mean how does one even starts that??? What’s next? Maybe we could start a petition of our own, demanding brands to tell whomever they work with to properly and legally label things or they out🙄

Reactions: 20
I wasn’t aware of any petition going on about having Tattle close down🤔! I mean how does one even starts that??? What’s next? Maybe we could start a petition of our own, demanding brands to tell whomever they work with to properly and legally label things or they out🙄
I know.
Who’s even going to pay attention to it?!
Honestly. Absolute nonsense.

Reactions: 8
I know.
Who’s even going to pay attention to it?!
Honestly. Absolute nonsense.
Who’s Michelle Chapman? She’s the one that started the petition? Says she had threads about her on here? Is she a YouTuber too? Sorry I don’t mean to take the focus out of this thread but am just curious. Do we have a thread on here about closing Tattle?

Reactions: 1
The petition is hilarious, shut down tattle it'll only appear elsewhere.

I was on a proper scathing trash site years back, allowed guest posts with no registration and there was full on doxxing and all sorts. It did get closed, but then version 2 opened, then another platform.

As previously mentioned if any of the sheep or rebs have read gossip mags or the side bar of shame on the DM site then they might as well sign up here.
You put yourself out there prepare to be criticised, threats or comments about the kids not ok but comments around your conduct is getting away lightly I think.

Reactions: 8
Who’s Michelle Chapman? She’s the one that started the petition? Says she had threads about her on here? Is she a YouTuber too? Sorry I don’t mean to take the focus out of this thread but am just curious. Do we have a thread on here about closing Tattle?
She’s a very small youtuber/instagrammer with like 1000 followers! She goes by mummychelle on insta and YouTube. I think she’s mentioned in a thread on here

Reactions: 3
The petition has almost 10,000 signatures

Reactions: 2
Where is this petition please?
If you google it it will come up, I just did so I could have a look, some of the comments are hilarious 😂

She’s a very small youtuber/instagrammer with like 1000 followers! She goes by mummychelle on insta and YouTube. I think she’s mentioned in a thread on here
Ok thank you, I will have a look 👀

if they had set up the petition on the correct platform they would have actually got a government reposnse at 10,000 signatures.

100,000 and it would have been debated in parliament.

unfortuatly change.org doesnt do anything at 10,000, 100,000 or a million.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
This is all going to back fire on her, she’s very silly to make that video as now all of her followers are targeting brands. This will lead to no brand wanting to work with her.
This. What brand wants this sort of argument (from either side) taking over their social media?

Reactions: 11
if they had set up the petition on the correct platform they would have actually got a government reposnse at 10,000 signatures.

100,000 and it would have been debated in parliament.
Well at 100k the government will consider debating it, they oddly enough have more important things to deal with than curtailing free speech ;)

The change thing has been shared by a handful of accounts with 100k+ followers over the last few weeks and all its doing is promoting tattle

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.