Mrs Meldrum #46 It’s my pity party and I’ll cry (and call you bullies) if I want to!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm proper 🤣🤣🤣 at the thought of tattle being discussed in parliament! Hilarious! Looking the mrsmeldrum threads ( as well as others obvs) and seeing us gossiping about fake tan, guinea pigs, mysterious holes and dippy eggs 🤣🤣🤣 and then lots of actual useful advice for our Reb!
I hope at the lunch recess they serve checkpea salad with cocunt balls for after then 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Lots of people bleating on about tattle on IG today 😴 even really small accounts, saying sign the petition.
Do they not realise if this site was wrong, so is every gossip magazine, cheap newspaper, daily mail comments section, buzz feed etc etc
Oh and free speech, that’ll have to go too 🙄
Just seen one of my friends has shared the link on Facebook 🙄🤦‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 5
What I find confusing is how her husband and her are full time youtubers with a big house and only 25k views on average??
I would have thought you’d have to have a lot more views then that to make money and for brands to contact you?
They have channel mum who connect them with brands. As it's a highly targeted parent audience people like Mrs meldrum that don't get many views can easily demand £1500 for a series of 3 Instagram stories to promote a product.

Do a couple of ads a week and get everything a normal person would spend money on for free (holidays, clothes, makeup, toys) and you can see why so many with such small audiences are making enough for their husbands to give up work. It's short term as to keep doing so many ads you have to advertise anything even if you've never used it and advertised a competitors product last week. Once the authenticity and trust is gone it's near impossible to get it back and plenty ready to replace someone with such disposable content like vlogs and selfies.

Reactions: 12
What I find the most contrived is that the video she put up last night was filmed before the live where she outed Kermit. Therefore she knew what she was doing the other night. It wasnt in the moment, she had time to ramble in the video and reflect, but she still chose to do an Instagram story as if it was just hit her.

While I agree it's not nice to feel disliked or criticised, we all go through it. I feel strongly that tattle isn't to blame, at all, for her recent decline in brand deals or lack of partnership. The issue is solely with the content creator.

1. They lied about a gifted trip - not only is that shady to us as the consumers of the content but it would also make the brand step back and reconsider future deals as you've not held up your end of the deal and what's in it for them?

2. You made a terrible lapse in judgement by not editing out what was quite possibly the most racist remark someone could make. Granted you apologies, but on the wrong platform. The cock up was on YouTube so place you sorry there. By crossing over it implied (again) shady nature.

3. You've posted adverts and not linked the band you've worked with. That's rule #1 for any paid work is to acknowledge! I do a charity event every year and we get sponsors who pay for the stalls etc. I would never dream of not including them on the posters and adverts as they are helping me succeed!!

4. Lastly, you've detached yourself from your target market. You say you're just a mum, but reality is you're not. You're a single income household in a 500k house - that is above average! You go on free holidays, kit the kids out in joules and add links to a 20 quid plain white shirt. You're so removed from the average mum who would watch you that they'll naturally start to distrust. You've had many an opportunity to use the platform for good and failed, epically. While you've done nothing wrong in building yourself to afford nice things in life, you've attempted to keep in touch with reality but turned up to a food bank empty handed!!!

I honestly feel like what she as a business is doing is deflecting attention from her wrong doings onto this site. Implying this site is negatively impacting her lifestyle, her finances and her mental health when reality is she as a business has failed to make savvy choices.

As my mother always says be nice to people as those you meet on the way up, you may meet on the way down.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The petition is hilarious, shut down tattle it'll only appear elsewhere.

I was on a proper scathing trash site years back, allowed guest posts with no registration and there was full on doxxing and all sorts. It did get closed, but then version 2 opened, then another platform.

As previously mentioned if any of the sheep or rebs have read gossip mags or the side bar of shame on the DM site then they might as well sign up here.
You put yourself out there prepare to be criticised, threats or comments about the kids not ok but comments around your conduct is getting away lightly I think.
It might be better the devil they know then! There could be far worse trash sites people migrate to if Tattle was shutdown.

Well at 100k the government will consider debating it, they oddly enough have more important things to deal with than curtailing free speech ;)

The change thing has been shared by a handful of accounts with 100k+ followers over the last few weeks and all its doing is promoting tattle
This was my thinking too. Surely just driving more people over here.

Reactions: 6
Seriously, who wants to provide a purchasing order or such like for Mrs. Meldrum Limited right now....anyone???? 😂😂😂😂

She said in her video if she continues then somethings bad could happen. She needs to delete all social media for the time being. Lee needs to get a job again and Rebecca needs to look after herself and if its si serious as she is feeling depressed and suicidal then she should also visit her GP for help.
Lee could step in immediately whilst professional help is sought. He has done nothing, publicly, to support her thus far!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3
She has not 'got away' with doxxing. I have reported this as a criminal offence.
The doxxing of @Kermit was worrying me & I feel somewhat reassured to read this has been reported.
@Largerlout was it you that said you were a lawyer? Without going into specifics if it will compromise any investigation, what will happen next following your report?

Reactions: 14
Genuinely concerned about @Kermit, what a horrible situation. I haven't seen @Mummyof2 post recently either. I hope they're both ok!
Me too! I live local to a few floggers and if I gossiped about them on here why would that be any different than say someone in Scotland? Rebecca saying recently she couldn’t believe there was sooooo much drama over a ‘bleeping octopus ‘ was a really telling sign that she isn’t at all professional, she is selling a wholesome mummy image yet thinks it’s ok to swear on her business account🤷🏻‍♀️ Trouble is the 🐑blindly support her.

Reactions: 16
No apology to Kermit or Candice or Belles Boutique yet she will ask people to leave the brands alone... It shows exactly where her priorities lie.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I think perhaps the brand she was advertising the 3D tickets for purposely did not want tagged, as they were a little unknown ticket site hoping to pick up sales which people thought were for cineworld. Dodgy meets dodgy. This is why people are uncomfortable with what she sells and in turn why her advertising revenues are falling, which in fairness must be terrifying when you are the sole earner.
You have a point! That's why she replied "the whole caboodle" when someone asked her in the comments what exactly she was advertising.

Reactions: 10
No apology to Kermit or Candice or Belles Boutique yet she will ask people to leave the brands alone... It shows exactly where her priorities lie.
Yes with her bank balance! The tears were for that reason!

Reactions: 15
The doxxing of @Kermit was worrying me & I feel somewhat reassured to read this has been reported.
@Largerlout was it you that said you were a lawyer? Without going into specifics if it will compromise any investigation, what will happen next following your report?
I am a Lawyer; however not competent in criminal law. I am a corporate/commercial lawyer. It is a breach of the Conduct Rules regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority for me to advise legally in any area in which I am not competent. X

Reactions: 12
I can't believe she placing 100% of the blame about what's happened to her so called 'job' and life on the people on Tattle - that in itself shows how far from reality she now is! She's having a breakdown and she is recording it and and posting it for the world to see! She is destroying her own life and we are only typing what everyone else is thinking and saying! Someone has to stop her!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 17
Long time lurker, just registered to be able to comment.
I sometimes watch the Meldrum content, but not regularly. I read here because I find it interesting to see the different perspectives. Sometimes the comments are a bit much for me but over all I think they are fair observations and interpretations.
I think as soon as a person considers themselves ‘an influencer’ (I can’t stand this title), they have a responsibility. They need to be very careful about what they share, take their job seriously, follow the rules, accept both positive and negative feedback, listen to their audience, pay attention.
I don’t like to see people upset. I don’t like to see people struggle. I also don’t like seeing people selling their children. I don’t have a problem with kids being in the background, or making an occasional appearance, but I don’t like having their lives shared like they are a piece of property.
If this is her rock bottom, then she’s fortunate. She has a home, a supportive and healthy partner, a loving family, healthy children, she is healthy, she has food to feed herself and her family. She has friends. She has access to good healthcare.
If she quit her current job, they moved into a modest home, Lee went back offshore, she would still have all the same important things. Yes their lives would change, but they could still be very happy. She has no idea of hardship (thankfully neither have I).
The house move was a huge mistake for them. She thought it would make her happy.
Do any of these you tubers think about the future? Do they consider, that not only in five or ten years, when their kids aren’t little anymore, that people will lose interest? That, much like blogging, vlogging won’t be a big deal anymore?
Very well said there are young mums who have to decide between buying food and having heating , there are parents who have to bury their children because of a lack of clean drinking water/food so much real poverty and misery and my sympathies lie with them not greedy influencers who are annoyed because they must declare gifted items and ads , those supporting Rebecca and signing pointless petitions, why don’t they cry for those dead bairns why do they not beg the government to help those in genuine poverty ? Get the poor souls that sleep out in all weather shelter so much good could be done if people cared half as much about real injustice thieve people are in a position to influence for good not to line their own already very well lined pockets

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Well just like any other criminal investigation- the police will compile evidence, pass the evidence to cps and see if they say it can go to conviction.

*if* it been reported (thats a big if) its unlikely to even get passed to CPS by the police, its very minor and she would probably just be told to stop being a dick.

Reactions: 6
You have a point! That's why she replied "the whole caboodle" when someone asked her in the comments what exactly she was advertising.
This exactly! I could nt work out why she was nt just being straight with who it was she was advertising - this makes perfect sense though! I imagine Cineworld were less than impressed with her advertising another ticket site in their cinema!!

Reactions: 9
Well just like any other criminal investigation- the police will compile evidence, pass the evidence to cps and see if they say it can go to conviction.

*if* it been reported (thats a big if) its unlikely to even get passed to CPS by the police, its very minor and she would probably just be told to stop being a dick.
Thanks @linzilou, I was guessing that would be the case. And yes, that is assuming it has been reported ;)

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.