Mrs Meldrum #45 Begging 9 to 5, what a way to make a living.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is the point of a company #gifting tickets to a cinema?
No more people are going to see the film/go to the cinema just because she’s been given free tickets surely? Especially as she hasn’t said who gifted them.

Reactions: 13
I wish she would just state what the #ad is for... Disney, Cineworld, Something else.
Exactly! What’s the point in putting ad if we don’t know what she’s advertising? Or is it so the company can’t be contacted? 🤔

Reactions: 12
Her instagram post two hrs ago talks about interesting discussions today and apologies made... Where s the bloody apologies.. . ???!!

Reactions: 17
First of many 3D cinema trips

So Cineworld are gifting

A sneaky little #AD at the end I barely saw

Reactions: 8
Well at least the girls get to go to the cinema. No way would she have paid for tickets so it's the only way they would get to go. I hope the girls love it.

Oops no, I got that a bit wrong. It wasn’t even in capital letters, lowercase #ad so it doesn’t stand out

• Angry
Reactions: 6
The evening showing of the brand new Toy Story on the day it comes out is not the time to be testing whether a toddler can cope with the cinema.

My toddler is the same age as P and he and I are staying in tonight while my husband takes the other children to the cinema.

Reactions: 18
Well that whole poor me card didn’t last long. Back on the ads already.
On a side note, if Poppy is there as well, is she really going to sit for the whole hour and a half with those on?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Taken the child who wouldn't even sit still to watch telly!! I feel for the all the people that actually paid for their tickets..... 😂😂

Reactions: 24
The evening showing of the brand new Toy Story on the day it comes out is not the time to be testing whether a toddler can cope with the cinema.
Well that's the only time toy story will pay for the tickets for an ad, so it's either the worst possible time or the meldrums have to pay themselves! She's an infuencer, she shouldn't have to pay for stuff like a normal person!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I didn’t think it was a racist remark 🤷‍♀️ I’m no fan of the Meldrums but I just don’t get how saying that your spa robes make you look like the KKK is racist? If anything saying they look ridiculous? A tasteless remark & not particularly funny but not racist as no reference to any other race??
Hi,

That's the thing, you as one person don't get to decide if it was racist or not. Have you read the Daily Mail article? The general consensus is that it was from POC who were actually offended and upset by it. Casual racism is still racism.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I didn’t think it was a racist remark 🤷‍♀️ I’m no fan of the Meldrums but I just don’t get how saying that your spa robes make you look like the KKK is racist? If anything saying they look ridiculous? A tasteless remark & not particularly funny but not racist as no reference to any other race??
I’m guessing you’re white? Perhaps speak to a few people of colour to find out why it is so offensive.

Well that's the only time toy story will pay for the tickets for an ad, so it's either the worst possible time or the meldrums have to pay themselves! She's an infuencer, she shouldn't have to pay for stuff like a normal person!
I feel for all those people who have paid! Imagine spending your hard earned money on tickets, which aren’t exactly cheap and then having a 2 year old potentially running riot and screaming around. I’d be fuming!

I’m guessing you’re white? Perhaps speak to a few people of colour to find out why it is so offensive.
Are you aware of what the KKK did ? If you don’t know I suggest you find out it is racist like the golliwog that some people refuse to accept is racist !

Oh no, I don’t have a job! I do use my time wisely by keeping my kids alive though.
Sadly not fat or a slob although I can work on that.
Me too! Though I had a baby 8 weeks ago so can't claim the not fat! 🤣

Reactions: 7
I find it so sad the girls only appear to get these treats when mummy's getting paid.

Reactions: 22
If a generation of your family had been slaughtered by an organisation of people who loathed them for the colour of their skin, you would be well within your rights to demand that no one ever, ever made a joke about those people. As someone else has said, the comment did cause great offence to people who were directly affected in their lives by the brutality of the kkk. Just because something doesn’t appear particularly offensive to some people doesn’t mean it isn’t.[/QUOTE]

• Heart
Reactions: 18
how many followers has she lost 😂
Who? Jess? Has not updated fridays but she's lost 120 this week so far.

How can you label something ad bit not say brand.
If it was paid or gifted?
Surely ASA find this crap

Reactions: 5
Nice style. Play the “poor me, I’m being bullied, my mental health is so so affected” card. Get all her fans out the woodwork to massage her ego, then go out and do a hashtag ad but not make the influencees aware of who’s sponsoring this ad. Slippery.

Close, but no cigar.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.