Mrs Meldrum #45 Begging 9 to 5, what a way to make a living.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just can’t help but think if the Instagram job is causing this much stress, mental health problems etc then get a new job???

Reactions: 28
Not a single sentence about HER mistakes in that post. Nothing at all. This is why I don't feel sorry for her in the slightest. Not once is she sorry for the hurt she has caused, it's all about her. Yesterday was too much for her because it cost her an ad, she's lost money because of it. Well tough. You could have avoided all this. All you had to do was issue a sincere apology, own up to your mistakes and admit that you need to do better. But you didn't, you hid offline for a month, went off on a freebie holiday and then came back once you thought it was safe to do so. Sorry Rebecca, but racism is a serious issue and one you didn't address properly, it's not something you can sweep under the carpet and hope it all goes away. This isn't like DLP again, this is something way more serious. How can she not see this?!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Rebecca is represented by agencies and by Channel Mum when it comes to getting brand work. I feel like they’ve done her a real disservice by getting her work without this issue having been properly resolved. It’s all still too fresh surely?

Reactions: 17
It was due to her new book a same sex couple were saying mummy and me wasent very inclusive.
She deleted and blocked..

There was previous racist jokes and fat shaming on Twitter.

The lies over Disney and no apology
Being paid go food bank and turn up empty handed.
The using a cancer scare so advertise Next official.

It's death by 1000 cuts.
Its not just about racism for some
It's been building up for a while.
Plus the actual real trolling of Katie Waissel

Reactions: 7
I believe most of us on here are here for the right reasons. We are previous followers who loved her channel and genuinely just want her to be honest and open about what are ads and freebies and also I personally would like her to only promote and sell items that she would GENUINELY buy herself and not just because she has been given them. She has admitted herself she is tight and doesn't like spending yet she quite happily accepts gifts that are way beyond most of her follower's purse and then tells them how wonderful said item is which actively encourages followers to buy these items. I bet there are people out there buying stuff on credit cards because The Meldrums have said how wonderful they are. Who realistically spends 150 quid on a jumper but doesn't want to fork out for a new school bag for their children. (She didn't pay it and wouldn't... it was gifted) The majic jumper that cured her anxiety. How many people with anxiety thought about buying that jumper I wonder purely because of what she said. Many other influencers turn down jobs/gifts that they wouldn't pay for themselves. That makes them relateable.

100% people knew she hadn't paid for that Disney trip. Lying and telling her followers they paid for it for Safiyahs birthday and having to eventually own up and say it was gifted did her channel a lot of harm.

The KKK incident in itself would have gone away if she had deleted the video and apologised. She didn't. She put up her 'No Fucks Given' post, used Candice as her 'friend' to make people think she wasn't racist and left that video up from the Tuesday until the Sunday afternoon.

She needs to realise, as do her followers, that she is Mrs Meldrum Limited. A Company. A business. There to make money. She is not your best friend people. She is there to sell to you. That makes her accountable as a business and as such she has to follow guidelines. If she wants a 'friend' channel, then close down Mrs Meldrum Limited and stop peddling. Even those Organix biscuits, 8 biscuits for 2 quid, she would never in a million years pay that. Those who follow her have seen her food hauls. We know she is extremely frugal. Yet she is happy to peddle them to her followers who really think she is being so sweet and nice to tell them about it, not realising she will have been paid a LOT of money to do so.

However, having said all of that, I do think there are a couple of people here who, for whatever reason, DO want to see her business fail. I would imagine they are people that she personally knows and has upset. Most of us don't want your business to fail. Those of us who haven't been blocked would happily continue watching if you ran your business properly and fairly.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Calling her a business,while true, is a bit of a reach. All she does is post amateurish photos and videos promoting brands that she so so loves.

It's easy money and doesn't compare to running a real business. She's decided that the easy work is worth the negative consequences of making yourself a public figure and selling your children's photos. Either get a real job that doesn't compromise privacy or suck it up buttercup. 🌻

Reactions: 4
Hello new members! Just a reminder that if you love an infuencer you're welcome to create a thread in rave - https://tattle.life/forums/rave-about.6/ these threads are for people disillusioned with infuencers. There's room for all on tattle and you're welcome to rave about someone in the right place.

Also if you think anyone has gone too far, please don't hesitate to hit report. Members attempting to moderate the thread themselves turns it into a mess, so that's against the rules.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Honestly do think that sometimes things go too far on here and that things are said that are just too personal.
On the same note I think she can’t understand why people come onto a forum like this to vent when she blocks almost everyone that isn’t a brown noser!
If she accepted constructive feedback then maybe she wouldn’t be so popular on here. If she was honest, open and not deceitful then she wouldn’t have the problems she does. If that post had been a little less “poor, poor me” and a little more “ok maybe I’ve fucked up” then I would be more willing to have sympathy. But she won’t acknowledge that she’s done wrong and blame the online ‘bullies’ instead 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 13
I just can’t help but think if the Instagram job is causing this much stress, mental health problems etc then get a new job???
I agree... But how? So rebecca what have you done for the last 8 years? Well I caused a massive storm on my YouTube and Instagram because I openly allowed myself to be involved in a horrific racism scandal. And I've dishonestly had freebies and passed them off as genuine reviews only to change my mind once the contract was over.
Dont worry about facebooking me. I deleted my page because I had a tantrum that I couldn't control the comments from all the nasty trolls out there.
And I probably wont turn up for work most days because I much prefer to mooch or go to the gym or have a slow day reading a book. I bloody love mondays, as long as I dont have to be in work.

Hardly top employable material is she?

• Haha
I seem to have missed everything! What happened with Organix?

Reactions: 1
She is basically trying to set the sheep off, so that they start commenting on Organix instagram saying they shouldn't believe it and start herself a little pity party. Instead she should of just kept quiet. She is making it worse for herself because all the sheep will do is start a backlash on the Organix instagram.... more attention they don't want. Its definitely not going to make them want to work with her again.

Reactions: 12
Has a message recently been deleted as I was going to respond.
I don't agree with everything on here.
I don't dislike her. I don't want her business to fail however I do want her to her to apologise and be truly honest.

The comments it's gone too far go through proper channels.
If a person's blocked they can't communicate with the meldrums.
Channel mum don't care.
Her channel mum colleagues all stick up for her.
The ASA and CMA been far to leniant with her.

So where's left to go to if you think a infleuencer is breaking the law.

She is basically trying to set the sheep off, so that they start commenting on Organix instagram saying they shouldn't believe it and start herself a little pity party. Instead she should of just kept quiet. She is making it worse for herself because all the sheep will do is start a backlash on the Organix instagram.... more attention they don't want. Its definitely not going to make them want to work with her again.
Well that's ship has sailed they will never work with her again.

Reactions: 7
Just watched jess avey's stories. Defending her friend, fair enough etc. What did make me laugh though is the photo on her grid with the big long statement about positivity, no negative thoughts blah blah blah....a photo with her arse out🙈. Is that meant to promote confidence and positivity?? Having your arse out on a beach in dubai of all places??

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Just watched jess avey's stories. Defending her friend, fair enough etc. What did make me laugh though is the photo on her grid with the big long statement about positivity, no negative thoughts blah blah blah....a photo with her arse out🙈. Is that meant to promote confidence and positivity?? Having your arse out on a beach in dubai of all places??
Why she she practically crying
Never get the impression they that close.
Be kind and positive always even when someones in the wrong as calling someone out is bad and negative thing.
Seems rebs gas Lighting not only sheep but other influencers.

Reactions: 5
😂 I was just coming to say the same thing! Why did she choose that photo??

Reactions: 9
I agree... But how? So rebecca what have you done for the last 8 years? Well I caused a massive storm on my YouTube and Instagram because I openly allowed myself to be involved in a horrific racism scandal. And I've dishonestly had freebies and passed them off as genuine reviews only to change my mind once the contract was over.
Dont worry about facebooking me. I deleted my page because I had a tantrum that I couldn't control the comments from all the nasty trolls out there.
And I probably wont turn up for work most days because I much prefer to mooch or go to the gym or have a slow day reading a book. I bloody love mondays, as long as I dont have to be in work.

Hardly top employable material is she?
Even if this all goes tits up she will never ever get a proper job. She doesn’t have it in her to work. Lee should get out there and get something immediately though.

Reactions: 5
I had no idea about tattler until liftgate and she left her followers hanging. No word of what happened for 3 weeks so of course people are going to look for answers then stumble on tattler.

Compared to most threads on tattler this is the one that makes the most relevant and non-bullying points. She makes mistake after mistake and doesn’t acknowledge or care!

Why she she practically crying
Never get the impression they that close.
Be kind and positive always even when someones in the wrong as calling someone out is bad and negative thing.
Seems rebs gas Lighting not only sheep but other influencers.
Jess is all about the positivity and crystals and reiki, if you don’t like me then unfollow blah blah. She can also be a bit shady with her disclosures of ads.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.