Mrs Meldrum #41 Guess who's back, back again, edgys back tell Boden.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We haven't ALL been there, I'm in my 40's and never smoked and thankfully it's on the decline with less young people starting to smoke.

Smoking is not cool or edgy or okay or normal (inhaling anything other than air into your lungs should never be considered normal)
It's a money making killer.

That said ... why hide it if you do smoke? Everyone you meet will know.
I can totally understand why you’d hide it! It’s not something that’s going to add to your image! Many people smoke but would quite like to not smoke. It would explain why she looks so much older, and why they let the kids wander off and they go for so many walks near their house 😂
Luckily the wine o clock mummies are becoming less popular and there’s less posts about gin thank god. But smoking never been an Instagram selling point. #fagoclock #adultfagbreath #nearlyfagtime #isitfagoclockyet
Not really that appealing!!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She hides it because no brand will want to work with a smoker

Dirty and socially unnaceptable

Neilsons promote clean, healthy living. Don’t want reb lighting up do they!

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Yes and as a runner I would never take fitness advice from anyone who smoked, sorry😢

Reactions: 12
I think she's a recreational smoker rather than a everyday smoker.
I used to smoke recreational pre kids and smoking ban which means smoke outside.
I imagine she's reasonable fitness she loves her walks and has no underlying health issues.
Smoking not see mn as cool on social media.
Especially within fitness/mummy community.

Reactions: 8
Where I'm from smoking is not allowed to be shown on the TV before the watershed (9pm), I presume cm/gleam have advised their influencers not to show smoking online which is something I'd agree with, it's all to do with denormalization of smoking for kids, we don't have cigs on display in shops anymore either for same reason, anyway am now derailing thread which is my pet hate so will stop

Reactions: 8
This was me!! I posted on a previous thread that I needed all the crap she banged on about, I naively thought she was buying it all and somehow I needed to keep up.. I have been diagnosed with post natal depression and have a shopping addiction that’s 90% linked to what I was watching on social media Mrs meldrum was the first person I found on you tube, and It changed me completely I watched them all, and right in the thick of it I’d be clicking on the links buying literally everything they all had.. one day 2 dysons were delivered to my house..😳.thnk fully with help I’m ok now.. all these channel mum robots need looking at and need a sharp slap in the face of reality, I never in a million years thought I’d be drawn into all this because of social media but it’s happening everywhere. I like a lot of us don’t like the bitching about her apperance and it does at times go to far but I think channel mum need to take a long hard look at exactly what it is they want to achieve with all these influencers..
So often we hear that there is nothing wrong with what these women do, a lot of the time it’s straight from the mummy floggers themselves. But what you’ve shared here encapsulates exactly what is wrong with it. They appeal to their target audience by appearing like the mum next door. They offer company while you are up late at night feeding a baby or some escapism while you are washing the dishes. They are sharing so much of their life with you and they start to feel very familiar. You think they are facing the same sorts of struggles as you, like juggling work and childcare and bills and saving because they post lots of content like no spend months and morning routines for a busy family. But then you start noticing that one week they get a new fridge and the next they have a new air purifier (or whatever piece of junk turns up in the mail that week) all while everyone is wearing the newest clothes and they are all enjoying a fancy gym membership (not to mention they actually get time to go to the gym!). Because that’s right, neither parent actually has to hold down a conventional job now and they are always packing for another goddamn holiday. At this point you start to feel like you have been taken for a bit of a ride. But don’t get any ideas about having an open and honest conversation with this person you’ve invested your time in because it’s their platform and they actually give zero fucks (but many blocks). What pisses me off the most (I’m looking at you Grabecca) they even have the audacity to say they intentionally fail to declare ads/gifts etc as to not make their audience feel worse about themselves!! It’s a disgrace. I am really sorry that you felt this way @Oh my gosh!! And sorry to go on a bit of a rant but you have absolutely hit the nail on the head.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I may have imagined this... but didn’t she say the MV bracelet was a gift from her chums for her birthday??
Yeah she definitely did an insta story where she said all her friends had bought her it because I clearly remember thinking that it will have been a good deal for them all to chip in as MV had 30% off the bracelet at the time lol. Mind you I wouldn’t put it past her to have had a gift from MV whilst “off the air” and it just hadn’t been declared. That little cow has very much been working and it’s been business as usual in the Meldull household and that just proves it. She’s no shame at all and I actually pity what that whole family will become 10 years from now. Hope the kids have a good psychologist they’ll need it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
So do we think the planned video will go live at 6pm tonight? Will we see any kind of explanation or will it be 'business as usual'?

Reactions: 1
Well I can say I have been there and I’m not ashamed to say that after a tough day work and kids etc that I have zero shame in going outside at night and having a sneaky cig, it’s my time when I need it

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So do we think the planned video will go live at 6pm tonight? Will we see any kind of explanation or will it be 'business as usual'?
Business as usual...She'll put a vid up (someone said she'd mentioned an outfit one? Yawn). There will be NO apology nor reflection on her behaviour, certainly on you tube. But when we say business as usual, she's still to come back to Instagram.... 🤔
🐔🐔🐔🐔🐔

Reactions: 7
Business as usual...She'll put a vid up (someone said she'd mentioned an outfit one? Yawn). There will be NO apology nor reflection on her behaviour, certainly on you tube. But when we say business as usual, she's still to come back to Instagram.... 🤔
🐔🐔🐔🐔🐔
I can't help but feel the major deleting spree on comments on YouTube is to show channel mum she doesn't have any negative feedback bla bla bla then will be the return of Instagram. I can't work out if channel mum are just a bit dim and don't know the scale of whats going on and her behaviour or if they're totally aware and just want the 'dolla'. Probably the latter unfortunately 😳

Reactions: 9
I guess I'm naive?!? But always wondered where they get their money from? Is it through Youtube and Ads?
Also, is her's and Lee's relationship for real, i just don't see any love there from her part!

MV have wrongly thought her necklace is theirs! And they tagged the wrong Mrs Meldrum!
What a shambles of a business!!
The perfect business partner for Mrs Meldrum Ltd! It isn’t even their necklace 🤣 and the bracelet was a present from the bestest chums, or so she said.

• Haha
Response from monica vinader

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch. We’re very sorry and disappointed to hear this happened.

Mrs Meldrum was gifted by our press time previously, however she was wearing our Riva Hoop ring which she purchased not our pendant - this was a mistake by the team as it’s very similar.

Racist behaviour is definitely not something that we would ever support and have now removed the post - if we were aware of this, we would never have posted.

We really appreciate you taking the time to message us and bring this to our attention.

Xx

I don't recall her declaring any free gifts.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

If Neilson's are happy to work with an influencer who has been in the centre of a racism scandal in the national press (which it appears they are judging by their instagram grid), I can't imagine the fact she smokes a cheeky fag or two will bother them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.