Mrs Meldrum #37 Pat and Edgy visit the job centre

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haven’t really had the chance to comment the past few days as the threads have moved so quickly I’ve struggled to keep up.

It doesn’t surprise me it’s been radio silence since her “apology” on Sunday. There really isn’t anything right now she could say that would even begin to make amends for the 💩⛈ she has caused for herself and her brand.

Whilst yes, it was not Reb herself that made the comment, she has SOLE responsibility for what is uploaded to her social media platforms. She needed a vlog that could boost her recent poor viewing figures so she most likely hastily edited the footage, uploaded it early to entice people to watch. It’s manic, it’s poorly executed and ultimately it included a very distasteful joke that was said within a group of friends that was shared with the online world.

Her consequences now are a result of her actions and she shouldn’t be shocked at any of it. It’s not us “trolls” who have caused this. It’s Rebecca’s total disregard for having any pride in her brand, her livelihood, instead she rushes at 100 miles an hour wanting all the praise but then as soon as the tit hits the fan, she’s MIA.

From the Next Cancer Scare AD to the Boden Anxiety Jumper, the DLP boob, she’s had nothing but chance after chance to redeem herself but she doesn’t. She’s royally fucked up, again! Read back all the threads there have been and we repeat the same thing time and time again.. “she needs to find herself again, become relatable, declare things etc” she doesn’t give a duck. She wants to half arse it but take maximum credit.

I still can’t believe the fact that moron she’s married too didn’t share the apology in any way, he spineless.

The only ones responsible for whatever happens from now are Pat & Reb (and their shameful greed).

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Sorry dizzymare i read your comment as the comment some other pratt wrote, ive deleted it and apologised to you. Im really sorry got confused.

Dear Mrs Meldrum

THIS (Zippys comment) is how you do an apology after you mess up.

Oh the fluffing irony 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
I think the “joke” about the kkk is terrible, it is racist thoughtless and stupid.
Would she reprimand her children for putting a sheet over their heads and saying the same thing? What if they did a Nazi salute?

However the issue I take is that her friend had no choice but to have his crappy joke posted on YouTube, he said it flippantly with people he trusted, and she has outed him as racist. I have been in situations where I have had to tell someone that their view is out of line but I do it privately and with humility, because often it comes from ignorance and privilege rather than hatred.

To then involve another instamum is just ridiculous, it honestly makes me cringe that she wanted to prove how super not racist she was by doing that. I can’t understand how a 30 year old woman would think it was a good idea.

When she apologized she could have reached out to her followers to admit she had been a bit ignorant and naive but she wanted to learn and raise her children to be inclusive.

She is honestly just so stupid that it’s painful.
Actually, you make a good point.
Wonder how the friend has been affected?
Suppose it only takes one person having seen the video that works with him to snowball..

Reactions: 15
I, naively, didn’t know that the brands Edgy worked with then use her images of the children as adverts. It makes me feel even more uneasy about the way these children are used. They really are child models and should be adhering to the same guidelines that children working in tv/photoshoots/theatre are. Just because their parents take the pictures doesn’t make it any better or less like they’re working and earning money.

• Sick
Reactions: 28
The KKK did horrible and unspeakable crimes against innocent people just because they had a different skin colour. Referring to yourselves as looking like one should never come out of someone's mouth nevertheless be broadcast on a channel of over 100k people. She didn't say it but she allowed it on her channel. There's no way she didn't hear it and purposely left it in the video. Her actions surrounding it are equally as offensive as leaving it in.
And she eye rolled and made a face when it was said

• Angry
Reactions: 10
And honestly, it shows how stupid Ella’s kitchen are as well. They should have thought twice before putting that picture up, it looks bad to delete a pic that’s already been up on their grid.
And poor poppy - it’s her picture put out there with comments under it about what her parents have done -really makes you think about these poor kids and then being used the way they are

• Sad
Reactions: 24
And poor poppy - it’s her picture put out there with comments under it about what her parents have done -really makes you think about these poor kids and then being used the way they are
Which makes me wonder if the Meldrums have asked for the photo to be taken down rather than Ella’s kitchen deciding to remove it? I’d hate to think of one of my kid’s photos being associated with all of that negative stuff.

Reactions: 9
Which makes me wonder if the Meldrums have asked for the photo to be taken down rather than Ella’s kitchen deciding to remove it? I’d hate to think of one of my kid’s photos being associated with all of that negative stuff.
Don’t be daft!
The Meldrums were probably elated that it went up today - anything for “dolla” in the bank.
They will be annoyed that it’s been taken down if anything!

Reactions: 15
Wow this has moved so so fast and just managed to catch up now!

I’m sure we will be hearing how the “trolls, tattlers and dicks ruined my 30th birthday” very soon 🤣

In response to people saying “you sound like you want her business to fail bla bla bla” well yes that would be a blessing in disguise! I only care about those 3 girlies and it could be the only chance they get at a normal life! If that means the end of Mrs Meldrum Ltd then so be it but I have no doubt she will be back to her normal self in no time, we still have the mental health care package vlog to look forward to🙄

I do, however, feel very sorry for the 3 girls right now as they are probably getting a lot of anger taken out on them 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I, naively, didn’t know that the brands Edgy worked with then use her images of the children as adverts. It makes me feel even more uneasy about the way these children are used. They really are child models and should be adhering to the same guidelines that children working in tv/photoshoots/theatre are. Just because their parents take the pictures doesn’t make it any better or less like they’re working and earning money.
I didn’t realise this either! I guess I mostly follow the influencer and some beauty clothing brands they might flog but despite having small kids I dont follow oxo tot or Ella or anything like that. It makes you realise how much they have actually signed their children away. They are even more exploited than I realised. Not just the meldrums here, all the influencers.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
In this case I agree poppy is effectivly a child model for ellas kitchen.

Not sure how it works

I think some brands pay one off grid cost.

But I think ellas kitchen was paid partnership.
I guess this runs set period and the company had editorial control over the images and when they post them.
I dont get why use out If date influencer pictures from a year ago..
Even recently Mrs medlrum was trying to promote a 4month plus pouch and poppy is 2 in summer its daft.

Reactions: 10
I messaged ellas and got this response back

Hi there. We have previously worked with Mrs Meldrum but our recent post was an old one. We’ve since removed the post and by no way condone racists attitudes or comments. Best wishes, Ella’s Kitchen x
But the picture was only uploaded by them today. Irrespective of the fact it was an old pic, bad timing to load it up today with everything that is going on. Also don’t believe that they are unaware of the racism issue.

Reactions: 6

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I didn’t realise this either! I guess I mostly follow the influencer and some beauty clothing brands they might flog but despite having small kids I dont follow oxo tot or Ella or anything like that. It makes you realise how much they have actually signed their children away. They are even more exploited than I realised. Not just the meldrums here, all the influencers.
I remember MOD saying that each collaboration would have different requests/deals regarding family and kids etc so she was saying she tried to go for deals that did not involve her children, or it was limited. No idea why as her husband whores them. But I guess that enables her to really focus on furnishing her house for free.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Actually, you make a good point.
Wonder how the friend has been affected?
Suppose it only takes one person having seen the video that works with him to snowball..
I wondered that too.
Luckily its not been said who said it.
However the person who said it, their spouse as they were all couples and the other freinds in the lift knows who said it.
The person who said it may well feel very bad too.

I imagine all her freinds are possibly feeling angry and hurt right now as its put them all into bad situation not only because someones made the home but laughter and failing to tell the person it was poor taste.
It's made them all seem casually racist.
The Meldrums dragged them into this.

Not everyone's on social media but now its made the press it must be talk of the town.
Is it only online or print editions too?

Fairmont had lots bad publicity have they released a statement.

Has Laura made any reference to the follow friday.

Does Amy being mum live very close to reb.

I assume lee or nanny might be on school runs.

I wonder what rami makes of it all?

Reactions: 4
I remember MOD saying that each collaboration would have different requests/deals regarding family and kids etc so she was saying she tried to go for deals that did not involve her children, or it was limited. No idea why as her husband whores them. But I guess that enables her to really focus on furnishing her house for free.
I remember her saying that too, I just assumed it meant how many pics involving the kids she was required to include on her own feed, not that she was bartering their images out to third parties. Shocking. And yes, the twins aren’t too useful in getting free paint and interior designers so she can take the moral high ground 🙄

Reactions: 5
motherpukkas post this evening is interesting. I do really like how aware she is and she’s interviewed Candice for this topic.

I remember her saying that too, I just assumed it meant how many pics involving the kids she was required to include on her own feed, not that she was bartering their images out to third parties. Shocking. And yes, the twins aren’t too useful in getting free paint and interior designers so she can take the moral high ground 🙄
I thought they bartered the children and would consider ‘jobs’ but trade use of kids etc.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.