Mrs Meldrum #37 Pat and Edgy visit the job centre

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The KKK are a ridiculous group of people, but saying that you look like them while wearing white robes isn't racist. It's just a bit stupid.
You clearly need to educate yourself, maybe have a wee Google of white supremacy and white privilege, read the book I suggested. It's fine that you have poor understanding of it as long as you recognise that but when you have poor understanding of racial issues but argue your uneducated point, it's not good enough.

Reactions: 26
I am actually, but it shouldn't be offensive to anyone unless they were actually trying to look like the KKK. If they were wearing fake mustaches and one remarked 'we look like Hitler' would that be seen as anti semetic too?
White male privilege at its finest. 😂 Because if a white middle-class man says it's not racist, then there's no way it could be offensive to anyone else.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
I am actually, but it shouldn't be offensive to anyone unless they were actually trying to look like the KKK. If they were wearing fake mustaches and one remarked 'we look like Hitler' would that be seen as anti semetic too?
Do you live under an actual rock. Yes it 100% would be racist!! MPs, royalty and other public figures have got into A LOT of trouble for 'making light' of seriously dangerous, murderous and not to mention racist historical figures!!

Attachments

Reactions: 13
I think the “joke” about the kkk is terrible, it is racist thoughtless and stupid.
Would she reprimand her children for putting a sheet over their heads and saying the same thing? What if they did a Nazi salute?

However the issue I take is that her friend had no choice but to have his crappy joke posted on YouTube, he said it flippantly with people he trusted, and she has outed him as racist. I have been in situations where I have had to tell someone that their view is out of line but I do it privately and with humility, because often it comes from ignorance and privilege rather than hatred.

To then involve another instamum is just ridiculous, it honestly makes me cringe that she wanted to prove how super not racist she was by doing that. I can’t understand how a 30 year old woman would think it was a good idea.

When she apologized she could have reached out to her followers to admit she had been a bit ignorant and naive but she wanted to learn and raise her children to be inclusive.

She is honestly just so stupid that it’s painful.

Reactions: 27
She’s done such a poor job with her ‘Mrs Meldrum’ brand that whenever I see that name now all I think about is all the lies and scandals she’s gotten herself into. It’s pretty tainted if you ask me

Reactions: 17
If you are white, you don’t get to say it’s not racist. It’s not up to you to tell black people how they should feel.

Reactions: 44
you hear worse so thats ok? you sound very odd

she's an influencer....influencing people.....so its ok for her to laugh about kkk,her followers will (yes, they are that thick) think it ok too

and then theres the fact she's bringing up 3 girls with those views and values...
Sorry dizzymare got confused also ha ha ignore my prev comment

I am SO GLAD to finally see a company taking acton. Well done to Ellas Kitchen for taking the picture down. A company that clearly cares unlike the skanks at Channel Mum who support racist behaviours!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
you hear worse so thats ok? you sound very odd

she's an influencer....influencing people.....so its ok for her to laugh about kkk,her followers will (yes, they are that thick) think it ok too

and then theres the fact she's bringing up 3 girls with those views and values...
So if you were a policeman and saw awful beatings and murders frequently as part of your job, does that mean if you walked past 2 people in a fist fight you’d just walk past and not do anything because “you see worse on a day to day basis”?!! Racism is racism there is no small insignificant form of racism or any kind of prejudice

Apologies @Dizzymare this has quoted your post but it was supposed to quote the guy you quoted - apologies for the confusion

Channel mum wanted to forward my email So she could understand the depth of feeling. I said what do Pat can be abusive! Plus she deleted all the depth feeling. 😡

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Cant believe DizzyMare thinks its ok because they hear worse. Sounds like a bleeping twit not a dizzymare!!

I am SO GLAD to finally see a company taking acton. Well done to Ellas Kitchen for taking the picture down. A company that clearly cares unlike the skanks at Channel Mum who support racist behaviours!!
zippy could you please explain why you are being so rude towards me? what have i said to deserve that please?

Cant believe DizzyMare thinks its ok because they hear worse. Sounds like a bleeping twit not a dizzymare!!

@Zippy Dizzymare didn’t say that, they were quoting another person who said that who I think has now been removed

Reactions: 7
So if you were a policeman and saw awful beatings and murders frequently as part of your job, does that mean if you walked past 2 people in a fist fight you’d just walk past and not do anything because “you see worse on a day to day basis”?!! Racism is racism there is no small insignificant form of racism or any kind of prejudice

Apologies @Dizzymare this has quoted your post but it was supposed to quote the guy you quoted - apologies for the confusion
sorry what? i didn't say "you see worse on a day to day basis".....i was replying to someone else who said that.

Reactions: 5

I’m pretty sure dizzymare was trying to say that by making out that’s it’s ok, her followers will think it is too. Pretty sure dizzymare is agreeing that it’s not ok.

Reactions: 11
zippy could you please explain why you are being so rude towards me? what have i said to deserve that please?
Sorry dizzymare i read your comment as the comment some other pratt wrote, ive deleted it and apologised to you. Im really sorry got confused.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.