Mrs Meldrum #37 Pat and Edgy visit the job centre

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is mind blowing and unbelievable that Ella’s kitchen are crediting her in these days. I bet she provided the picture today 💔🤢

Reactions: 3
I can't stand 'influencers' in general and find Mrs Meldrum and Lee annoying as hell, but this racism row is just stupid. How is remarking that you look like the KKK racist?

How is it not?

Are you a white middle aged man by any chance?

Reactions: 17
I can't stand 'influencers' in general and find Mrs Meldrum and Lee annoying as hell, but this racism row is just stupid. How is remarking that you look like the KKK racist?
You do know what KKK stands for ???
And what their beliefs are???

Reactions: 9
Although I agree that I'd have edited it out if I'd been making a sqeaky clean Youtube video.
would you not as well (at the timeline that lift) pull up your friends for making the "joke"in the first place.....or is laughing along like the meld rums di ok? i mean, whats racist about that eh?

Reactions: 9
The KKK did horrible and unspeakable crimes against innocent people just because they had a different skin colour. Referring to yourselves as looking like one should never come out of someone's mouth nevertheless be broadcast on a channel of over 100k people. She didn't say it but she allowed it on her channel. There's no way she didn't hear it and purposely left it in the video. Her actions surrounding it are equally as offensive as leaving it in.

Reactions: 21
and there is then the other racist tweet she retweeted.....the homophobia towards a gay dad interested in her book....the fat shaming.....lying about brand work....where will it stop?

Reactions: 12
I am actually, but it shouldn't be offensive to anyone unless they were actually trying to look like the KKK. If they were wearing fake mustaches and one remarked 'we look like Hitler' would that be seen as anti semetic too?
And then they laughed. yes it would.

Reactions: 11
I am actually, but it shouldn't be offensive to anyone unless they were actually trying to look like the KKK. If they were wearing fake mustaches and one remarked 'we look like Hitler' would that be seen as anti semetic too?
Yes actually, maybe it would especially if the person posting it to their social media channels suddenly decided to start adding random Jewish 'friends' so they could say 'look! I have jewish friends, I can't POSSIBLY be antisemitic' ...

it's not JUST about 'the poor taste 'joke' ... it's the whole handling of the tit show, done in a way that only RM could - delete & block and oooh my anxiety, poor me.

You do realise the KKK is not just a thing of history? I'm in no way qualified to explain this to you and am the least articulate person in the world but if you are genuinely interested in improving your understanding then I'd strongly recommend the book Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
People are too quick to be 'outraged' these days. That said I'm glad the little brat has been caught up in this storm of fake outrage.
I don't think you get to decide that it is 'fake outrage '

So if there had been a person of colour in the lift do you think it would have been said.

That's your gauge to use for seeing if something was racist.

It seems to me that as a white person, if we cause offence that could be deemed as racist, then we have a duty to try to understand why and educate ourselves so it couldn’t happen again. I would never mean to be racist, but I’m white so what do I know?

Reb needed to look at it from other side but she didn’t. That, unfortunately for her, is an ongoing theme.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't think I would have pulled anyone up on it because quite frankly I hear far far worse on a near day to day basis. I'm pretty sure most of the folks expressing fake outrage have laughed at stuff far worse too. But in this day and age she should have probably known that that kind of thing would have gone down like a lead balloon.
you hear worse so thats ok? you sound very odd

she's an influencer....influencing people.....so its ok for her to laugh about kkk,her followers will (yes, they are that thick) think it ok too

and then theres the fact she's bringing up 3 girls with those views and values...

Yes, this exactly. I encountered racism every day from primary through to end of secondary. It took me a very long time to realise that all these smiling adults that my parents were friends with had clearly expressed racist views around their kids. Primary 1 age kids don’t come out with this stuff spontaneously.

Very glad to be living somewhere more multicultural now. I was quite stunned when my son pointed out the most popular kid at school in Sainsbury’s and he was black, too. I am so grateful that he has never had to deal with racism.
Im bi-racial and was bullied tremendously as a child, even had to move school due to it.
Since being am adult I've not had one incident of it but my son has. We were at the park and a girl must've been about 4 or 5 wouldn't play with my son or go on the same equipment as him due to him being 'black' He isn't even close to deing of dark skin but you can tell he's not 'white' I couldn't believe my ears when I heard her say these things. Look over to who was her parents and he was giving my son and I the dirtiest look ever. I really feel for the next generation if this casual racism continues. This is why this incident really needs to be addressed properly and not brushed away. Also sorry for the essay and maybe the terms I've used are not correct and I'm sorry about that. Keep up the good work on spreading awareness

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.