Mrs Meldrum #37 Pat and Edgy visit the job centre

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this whole thing is a fine example of how someone over shares their life so much that they can no longer see what is acceptable to put out and what is not.

Those things must be joked about a lot within her friend circle as she doesn’t even react when that horrible comment is mentioned. But to not even think “I’m not putting that in the vlog as I know it will hurt people” just shows she is totally in a YouTube bubble in which everything must be shared.

I do feel she is no longer enjoying YouTube ever since Lee has been at home and this whole YouTube thing went from a hobby to being the only income. You can tell she hates it from her content and the way she constantly asks what people want to see. She seems lost. I think she needs to take a longer break and actually reassess who she is and how to move her channel forward.

She also needs to learn how to take constructive criticism isn’t of blocking and deleting. Just because someone says something you don’t particularly like does not automatically make them a troll! Face it like any business would and reply to people.

Reactions: 30
Does anyone really think this was an 'oversight' or does anyone agree with me the mrs M has had enough of YouTube and wants a way out? But not to make herself look like a failure or shes giving up but leaving social media because of unfortunate circumstances that's been caused by someone else? It's either that or shes hoping theres a big media frenzy so she can have her appearance on this morning (like she was supposed to have before but they went with someone else) to redeem herself In the hope she can give her channel the boost that it needs because everyones bored of her?
I definitely don’t think this. If she wants to go she will go in a way that makes her look good. This makes her look awful and she would go out with her tail between her legs. Not her style, imo. If she wanted to go she’d give herself a big send off.

Reactions: 18
Yes!!!! THIS!!

And they are carrying on as normal now. They won’t ditch her because of 💰💰💰 BUT why is nobody asking why in that vlog Rebecca didn’t even flinch, let alone challenge,the racist friend? I think that is the biggest issue for me.... she laughed along with it
Because I genuinely don’t think she thought there was anything wrong with it! She’s lived a very privileged middle classed sheltered life ( from what she has told us) her group of friends seems to all be like her, think they are completely clueless/uneducated about the real world! Add to that if it doesn’t affect Edgy shes not interested, or so it appears! Sadly there are slot of people out there like this.

Reactions: 13
Do you think her channel and ‘career’ will genuinely suffer from this?
I honestly think she’ll bounce back once she thinks it’s all blown over and things will go back to normal for her. She has so many blind sheep who follow and defend her that I think she may survive this.
I’m just curious to see what her next step will be when she eventually makes it.

Will she use this is an opportunity to do some serious personal growth and soul searching? Which any sensible person would be doing at this point.

Reactions: 7
Because I genuinely don’t think she thought there was anything wrong with it! She’s lived a very privileged middle classed sheltered life ( from what she has told us) her group of friends seems to all be like her, think they are completely clueless/uneducated about the real world! Add to that if it doesn’t affect Edgy shes not interested, or so it appears! Sadly there are slot of people out there like this.
I think they are just uneducated full stop....if Rebecca’s joke ‘degree’ is anything to go by they are the kind of courses that parents send their children on so they can say they went to university. Of absolutely no use in any career or job situation. An excuse to piss about for three years and drink with your mates....

Reactions: 17
oh bless her. Just saw Amy Being Mum's stories. The journos probably picked the worst possible photo of her and yet show Rebecca looking all glam and fully made up. You would have thought they would have contacted Amy for her permission before quoting her and at least given her the opportunity to choose a photo to be splattered all over the paper.

Reactions: 11
I think this whole thing is a fine example of how someone over shares their life so much that they can no longer see what is acceptable to put out and what is not.

Those things must be joked about a lot within her friend circle as she doesn’t even react when that horrible comment is mentioned. But to not even think “I’m not putting that in the vlog as I know it will hurt people” just shows she is totally in a YouTube bubble in which everything must be shared.

I do feel she is no longer enjoying YouTube ever since Lee has been at home and this whole YouTube thing went from a hobby to being the only income. You can tell she hates it from her content and the way she constantly asks what people want to see. She seems lost. I think she needs to take a longer break and actually reassess who she is and how to move her channel forward.

She also needs to learn how to take constructive criticism isn’t of blocking and deleting. Just because someone says something you don’t particularly like does not automatically make them a troll! Face it like any business would and reply to people.

Everyone said similar things after the DLP fiasco but they came back after that and absolutely nothing changed. They didn’t learn anything from it. Didn’t take any responsibility for it. Blamed it all on “trolls”’and “dickheads” and then carried on as normal.

The fundamental flaw in The Meldrum camp is that they don’t see that they are doing anything wrong. They just don’t get it.

As far as they are concerned, they are nice people who are enjoying the perks of the “influencer” lifestyle and it’s just “jealous trolls” trying to ruin it for them.

This won’t change their warped mind set.

🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 18

I completely agree here: There's clear evidence on her vlogs that Safiya doesn't always want to appear. I actually understand struggling with Lee being at home, I know I would, but the criticism levelled at her wasn't necessarily mean - and there was a lot to be taken from it to improve.

Lee and Rebecca - if you read this, and you want to continue a career on youtube / Instagram PLEASE talk to a PR about damage limitation and also research how to be in the public eye and not alienate a lot of people, particularly with bad taste jokes and undeclared freebies.

I really hope they are learning from this and moving forward they are both better people because of it.

Reactions: 9
Apart from the anger over the DLP incident and now this incident, I actually think that Tattle have been really fair to the Meldrums. All we have done is try to give them constructive critiscm and help to actually improve their channel. Maybe they should have listened.......

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think he is only ‘brave’ enough to slide into women’s DMs
They've still got away with so much. Lee meldrum sending passive aggressive threatening messages with the motive of silencing and intimidating deserves an article.

The twit has never declared any ads and used to call himself a vlogger public figure.

Reactions: 9
My constructive advice to Rebecca Meldrum
(She won't heed it but sure hey ho)
1. Issue a sincere apology to your followers and also Candice Braithwaite. A direct face to camera with no bullshit. Acknowledge your mistake, your attempt to cover up but also what you plan to do to educate yourself..
2. Lee needs to get a job outside of your social media. It's your channel, you built it up and were doing well until he left his job. Ye need an alternative source of income so as not to be dependent on the fickle world ye are in. This will also give you the opportunity to be selective about the ads you choose to do and focus on ones that you genuinely believe in. Label them correctly. Do not block and delete those with genuine differing opinions.
3. You need to relate to your followers. Life is hard for most parents, the constant juggling of children, work and home. We want to see vloggers going through the same struggles we are, not bleeping off to the gym at every given opportunity and taking 3 or 4 holidays a year.
I'm sure other tattlers will also have advice for you. We are not all witches, you know. Yes, we pull the piss occasionally but it's just banter mostly.
You don't need to thank me personally. You can send me virtual flowers here at tattle. I will share them with everyone here.
Apologies for the essay.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
Oh definatly shes even said it.
It's why shes using so many nicknames mostly darcey/darce which I think is middle name.

Tattle dictionary

Safaya, faya, darce/ darcey/saffy
Florence/ Flobell, Florrie, flo/Florenco/legend
Poppy, pops, coco, popsilicous /ferrel
Rebecca/reb/edgy/becks/babe/verruca
Lee/melds/pat

For all newbies

We call lee pat as he looks like pat Sharpe from fun house.
It's reb/ edgy or verruca after verucca salt as shes so impatient/spoiler and has numerous tantrums.

Reb dislikes the name lee so she calls his meldrum/melds.

Lee has limited vocabulary and lots of repetative words which prove useful if playing meldrum bingo whist watching a vlog.

Go florrie
Babe_usually his wife
Legends is the kids
Bad boy usually refers to eggs
Belter is a compliment something good

Rebs often has the fear. Or shes blown away. She's always so so so greatful.
Vans is code for edgy.
Mooch
Potter

Fave meals
Chickpea or checkpea salad
,2 seldom fillets ÷5 people ,Curry soup
Beef and rates,Dippy eggs&Picnic plates

Lee supports rangers and has rangers tattoo.
Reb supports herself and think she has small tattoo and piercing because shes so edgy. She also thinks charity starts at home.
This is amazing!

Also, Reb always ‘absolutely loves’ everything that she advertises. ‘I absolutely love this Nivea/olay/Elemis face cream!’ ‘Look at this #gifted Boden jumper. I absolutely love it!’

Reactions: 8
Apart from the anger over the DLP incident and now this incident, I actually think that Tattle have been really fair to the Meldrums. All we have done is try to give them constructive critiscm and help to actually improve their channel. Maybe they should have listened.......
TBH it was much more s banter type p/take of them to start, then as they appeared more and more shady-so more and more speculation on here appeared! Just be professional and honest.!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I literally have no idea. But when I saw the question it jogged a memory. I think I couldn’t believe it was his personal number, and it prompted me to contact a couple of others I follow who had the same to let them know that their number was on there.
Surely he would’ve changed it?
Hey " Greywolf " don't you be leaving any wee 💙💚💛💜 messages for that big boy belter now . 😋😋😋

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Messiah does seem somewhat over invested. What is going on there?
Not saying it shouldn’t be called out at all, but these lives?
Just catching up but he said he watched The Meldrums with his kids and felt invested in them? Correct me if I’m wrong.

Reactions: 4
I assume todays rest day at the gym.
Removed from ramis story yesterday.

All chatter been shut down on channel mum
In all 3 newspaper articles channel mum not mentioned at all.

Maybe they having nice walk in woods
Bike ride
Weather's lovely down south lee.

Irony is offended are blocked so won't see apology.
Never stop leaving feedback then delete all negative comments.
Do we think Facebook page gone for good.
How will the top fans cope.

I wish 1 of the papers could have managed a better more accurate article.
Dodgy pic on daily mail.
Do we think sales of head bands might go down in the UK as a result?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Kerry Conway has reposted a screenshot of what Amber from MeetTheWildes posted yesterday, saying they (assume her and her husband) agree

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.