Mrs Meldrum #37 Pat and Edgy visit the job centre

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First post but long time lurker. Has anyone heard back from the brands? Both Joules and SmartenergyGB have replied to me stating they will no longer be working with her.
Oh no, they’re going to have to pay out every time they need new wellies?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Well apart from neilson think they all done with her.

No more tui holidays
She milked next for loads freebies
She never worked with disney
She worked with Tesco who worker with a pr company that funded Disney.

I doubt the next Neilson holiday be affected she has long term relationship with them.
She didn’t work with Disney for the holidays but she worked with Disney On Ice I think

• Haha
Reactions: 4
First post but long time lurker. Has anyone heard back from the brands? Both Joules and SmartenergyGB have replied to me stating they will no longer be working with her.
Do you have any evidence? Nothing against you but it's been said before Joules won't work with her and 2 days later she was in gifted Joules clothing.

Reactions: 9
She didn’t work with Disney for the holidays but she worked with Disney On Ice I think
Can't speak for disney on ice
She blocked me

So whatever her insta says
If paid partnership then yes add disney to list of brands.

Bet Fairmont are livid so much negative press.

Reactions: 5
Random question was her younger sister in the lift at same time.

Think 8-9 year age gap.
Not sure if sister went to uni.

But shes backpacker round the world
Worked in a ski resort
Lived in London
Now lives in Scottish capital and works on travel agents

Reb make cheeky remark on t insta about getting a job.

I assume they had similar spoilt upbringing.

But Yes can would be able to see where rebs going wrong and advise her better.
They are 7 years apart reb and her sister

Reactions: 2
I know Candice didn't want any association with this and hasn't mentioned it again but her stories just now about her wee girl are just heart breaking and that is why the way the meldrums have dealt with this is so wrong.

Reactions: 25
They are 7 years apart reb and her sister
I can't make up Mind about sister
Reb in previous videos has admitted she hated and was mean to yes can as a child.
I some times detect friction in vlogs like they nothing alike.
I think she's more sensible and wouldent make same mistakes.

Any local peeps know if it's talk of the town lately?

Poor Candice.
Some people care awfuk.

Reactions: 6
I think this whole thing is a fine example of how someone over shares their life so much that they can no longer see what is acceptable to put out and what is not.

Those things must be joked about a lot within her friend circle as she doesn’t even react when that horrible comment is mentioned. But to not even think “I’m not putting that in the vlog as I know it will hurt people” just shows she is totally in a YouTube bubble in which everything must be shared.

I do feel she is no longer enjoying YouTube ever since Lee has been at home and this whole YouTube thing went from a hobby to being the only income. You can tell she hates it from her content and the way she constantly asks what people want to see. She seems lost. I think she needs to take a longer break and actually reassess who she is and how to move her channel forward.

She also needs to learn how to take constructive criticism isn’t of blocking and deleting. Just because someone says something you don’t particularly like does not automatically make them a troll! Face it like any business would and reply to people.
Has anyone seen the film on Netflix with Tom Hanks and Emma Watson, the circle (?).

The meldrums definitely need to watch it.

But they already gifted her lots
Just after their competitor boden.

Interested neilson elemis and Bobby Brown response
Yup here you go, they’ve worded it quite carefully. View attachment 14712
It wouldn’t surprise me if they did continue to work with her because they’ve not named Mrs Meldrum directly and they could quite easily justify it as it not being her who said it and how sorry / heartbroken etc she is for ‘letting it slip through the net’ ...

Reactions: 10
I wonder how the other influencers are feeling about all this. It must be alarming how quickly things can unravel in their industry and the instafame can bite you.

Reactions: 11
I know Candice didn't want any association with this and hasn't mentioned it again but her stories just now about her wee girl are just heart breaking and that is why the way the meldrums have dealt with this is so wrong.
It is heartbreaking and it makes me furious 💔😭

It wouldn’t surprise me if they did continue to work with her because they’ve not named Mrs Meldrum directly and they could quite easily justify it as it not being her who said it and how sorry / heartbroken etc she is for ‘letting it slip through the net’ ...
I’d agree the wording is q vague.

Reactions: 9
Lurker here and used to follow Mrs meldrum a good bit and recently stopped looking at her feed and stories due to non disclosure of Ads(keep meaning to unfollow and I'm going to now), haven't read her threads here in a while or looked at her Instagram but gobsmacked at what has been happening! I think as someone mentioned and said much better than I can in a few pages back that these influencers are so embroiled in oversharing, their Ads, spons and capturing everything in their lives that they don't seem to realise the effect of what's going on around them or what a few words someone says in the background of a vlog can lead to massive upset and rightly so. I cannot get over the aftermath of what Mrs M has done and especially then using Candice in a follow Friday after the uproar. It's a very hard lesson for the meldrums to learn from but one that is needed and maybe one that other influencers can learn from too.

Reactions: 20
I can barely keep up but I wouldn’t be surprised if Joules keep working with her. The wording is really vague and as she has said that she doesn’t condone racism and it wasn’t her who said the ‘joke’ they could easily find a way around it!

Reactions: 13
Tbh I was thinking about this all earlier, but if Logan Paul and Pewdiepie* are still going strong I cannot imagine this is going to have a massive negative impact on her career unfortunately.

*only two YouTube names with large scandals associated I can think of.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.