Mrs Meldrum #34 Jump up darling, you're not in your salopettes!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair - the poster didn’t say it was ok to say it. Just asked what the KKK is.

Is the video down?

Who’s Jess Chris? Are you one of the Duldrum’s friends?
Videos down for me, last one I can see is the DiTL ski video.

Reactions: 1
Some of you are losing your minds just trying to find any and every reason to dislike them! Thinking it's some kind of dog whistle to closet racists watching mummy blogger videos :ROFLMAO: Keep your eye on the ball people
Probably not the best joke to include in a supposedly carefully edited video on a family vlogging channel🤭

Reactions: 24
Gosh look at us all infighting. She will be rubbing her hands with glee.

End of the day one of them made a racist joke. She then chose to include that in her vlog. End of. Those of you who haven't heard of the KKK, now is a good time to go read up on it. Those of you think it was "just a joke" - fine. Your opinion. Same as others have opposing ones.

Let's just get back to tattling shall we?

Reactions: 38
Probably not the best joke to include in a supposedly carefully edited video on a family vlogging channel🤭
I 100% agree with that, she's been stupid and it shows how little effort she's putting into this stuff. A joke amongst friends should never be at risk of being broadcast against the internet and causing them grief. The way some posters are going on though it's like the Melts are actually heads of the non-existent Banchory KKK!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I can’t believe that people are STILL so ignorant in this day and age. Her friends are as thick as she is.

Pat the twit in his new Dennis the menace top. He literally buys for the brand - whatever the duck they look like 😂😂😂 there’s a reason that top was cheap mate!!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She's hanging her washing on the line to do her bit to reduce climate change yet hops on a plane whenever it suits. Stop flying 10 or 12 times a year if you want to reduce your carbon footprint Rebecca.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
When the duck did I say it was ok??
I didn't know what the bleeping KKK was ok! Jess chris you are all a bunch of sad witches on here.
Yeah, I was a bit knee jerk in my reaction, sorry. However, I wouldn’t call myself a sad old witch, just a black one who has encountered some nasty racism in America. On a work trip, no less! And that was before Trump made it okay for the KKK to dress up and parade around in daylight.

Anyway, I hate threads derailing as much as the next Tattler. I’m glad she’s taken the video down and hopefully she’s going to be a bit more in the ball in future.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Wouldn't surprise me if she left it in on purpose in an attempt to be edgy. Her privilege and ignorance knows no bounds.

Reactions: 10
Some of you are losing your minds just trying to find any and every reason to dislike them! Thinking it's some kind of dog whistle to closet racists watching mummy blogger videos :ROFLMAO: Keep your eye on the ball people
I think any form of racism on any media outlet is deplorable. Listen to the news - how many murdered in Sri Lanka? New Zealand? No racist comments should be given any air time! In my opinion that comment is far worse than any thing else she has done!
I would doubt the integrity of anyone who would find that comment acceptable.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I 100% agree with that, she's been stupid and it shows how little effort she's putting into this stuff. A joke amongst friends should never be at risk of being broadcast against the internet and causing them grief. The way some posters are going on though it's like the Melts are actually heads of the non-existent Banchory KKK!
This^^ it’s the fact that her friends would have said it as a joke among friends. I’m sure my husband says some seriously risky jokes amongst his friends but he isn’t being recorded for a family YouTube channel.

Reactions: 8
Never posted before but this has got me wound right up. It is completely inappropriate to keep that in a vlog. If they had said that joke just amongst friends then fair enough. Most people would of cringed I assume but an awkward joke amongst close friends is not an issue. That is not what happened though, she posted that inappropriate joke for her 100k followers to hear. If anyone on tv or radio made a joke about looking like a terrorist while wearing certain clothing/accessories then I’m sure you would agree that is an inappropriate joke to be making. People make mistakes so it’s not that big a deal but her first reaction should of been to completely remove the video. I don’t think that it is an unreasonable thing to expect anyone making content for the public to view to do if they inadvertently include anything that is inappropriate for their audience. A mistake was made, remove the video. Apologies. Easy 👍🏼

Reactions: 25
This either shows that she is so lazy and not watching her edited video through (even though she clearly heard it in the lift) or that she thinks its ok to leave "jokes" like that in which is just disgraceful. There is no excuse for what she has done this time maybe some people wouldn't be offended but there is a lot that will and this is not one of those times where she can just say she can't please everyone. It should never of made the cut.

Reactions: 16
I’m actually fizzing. I get it now Reb! No one can say anything about you or your lot without you brininging it up publicly and getting the sympathy vote but you and every single one of your narrow minded friends in that lift can laugh about an organization like the KKK. The people in these organizations are not only racist, homophobic and Zionist to name a few of their charming traits but also extremely backward and I mean backward in their thinking!!! I honestly thought they couldn’t surprise me more then they do this! Disgusting humans ALL of them from the two Bruce’s to Cath to the rest of them they are absolutely dispicable humans to think that the KKK has any place to be mentioned in society today. What next you pair of fuckwits jokes about serial killers you couple of moron cockwombles. People like Doreen Lawrence have been campaigning for years to stamp out not only institutionalized racism but people who are killed because of the colour of their skin and these lot come along and laugh at a racist joke.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
The vlog will be edited to remove the "joke" and back up at her usual posting time. Some sheep will be none the wiser.

Reactions: 9
This either shows that she is so lazy and not watching her edited video through (even though she clearly heard it in the lift) or that she thinks its ok to leave "jokes" like that in which is just disgraceful. There is no excuse for what she has done this time maybe some people wouldn't be offended but there is a lot that will and this is not one of those times where she can just say she can't please everyone. It should never of made the cut.
She’s either seriously dumb, as I said earlier. Or that group of people and especially her think making jokes of something of that nature it acceptable. I’m no snowflake but I honestly don’t think it’s funny and it really shouldn’t have been included in that vlog. Glad it’s been taken down.

Edited to say I’m now not sure it has been removed but it should be.

Reactions: 9
Silence now on insta - waiting for it all to blow over no doubt! Bet the Boden anxiety sweater is on and it’s only a matter of time before we get a screenshot of an anxiety related quote 🙈🙈🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Should I do a poll on here? Who prefers salty or sweet popcorn? Just got a belter deal at Costco for the 💩 show.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.