Mrs Meldrum 3 - The One Who "disney" Declare Her Ads (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

The mystery of pushchairs

Think cosaatto gifted giggle pram to which she did one reveiw and used for couple holidays.

Latest holiday she got gifted a baby zen yoyo

Shes very vague if shes paid for joolz .
I think its gifted
With tacky name bumper bar

Why did she change models and colours.
Made no sense when they saving hard.

Reactions: 3
Ash Reid is going to be the next one to come a cropper if she's not careful. In the bedroom post, she tagged the curtain company and only when someone asks in the comments if the post is an ad, does she admit that the curtains were gifted to her with no obligation to post. Ah yes, these Channel Mum creators always going above and beyond with their transparency.
I don't understand why they all keep thinking their is no obligation to post ???
Why on earth do they think they get gifted stuff? Because people really really just like them and want to send them free things ? Are they really that deluded that they don't think that companies are relying on them tagging or doing a shout out or getting followers ask where they are from !! That is still marketing and advertising!
I think channel mum needs to do an in-house course and educate these vloggers..if they are saying they want to be taken seriously and this is their business then act like it and be honest..and get yourself to grips with what you are actually responsible to passing on information wise to your audience.
I also think at the end of the day , a lot of the vloggers don't want to admit that at the end of the day they have basically become glorified sales people and there isn't any glamour , creativity or deep and meaningful to what they are doing !!!

Reactions: 4
They don't want to admit that stuff is gifted because they want everyone to buy into this idea that they can afford all this nice stuff with their own hard earned cash. It's more aspirational than having to admit that actually they didn't pay for this and the truth is, if it wasn't gifted, they actually wouldn't be able to afford most of it. Smoke and mirrors. The thing is though, free curtains and fisher price toys and clothes don't pay the mortgage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Ash Reid is going to be the next one to come a cropper if she's not careful. In the bedroom post, she tagged the curtain company and only when someone asks in the comments if the post is an ad, does she admit that the curtains were gifted to her with no obligation to post. Ah yes, these Channel Mum creators always going above and beyond with their transparency.
I watched one of her vlogs recently, in it she was getting curtains fitted and spent the whole vlog gushing about how fabulous the company were as the man was up a ladder behind her fitting the curtains. She proceeds to mention the companies name 100's of time during the vlog. Its so cringe!

Reactions: 2

The mystery of pushchairs

Think cosaatto gifted giggle pram to which she did one reveiw and used for couple holidays.

Latest holiday she got gifted a baby zen yoyo

Shes very vague if shes paid for joolz .
I think its gifted
With tacky name bumper bar

Why did she change models and colours.
Made no sense when they saving hard.
All gifted and then they sell it.!!!

Reactions: 1
I watched one of her vlogs recently, in it she was getting curtains fitted and spent the whole vlog gushing about how fabulous the company were as the man was up a ladder behind her fitting the curtains. She proceeds to mention the companies name 100's of time during the vlog. Its so cringe!
Really? I think we might have #curtaingate on our hands next.

Mrs Meldrum was quite young when she had her first and maybe was probably not as polished as (she likes to pretend) she now is hence the her daughters name. Maybe that's why she's so vile to poor S... Even her name doesn't fit her brand and reminds her of her monster days?
I remember in one of her old videos she said that she slightly regrets Safiyah’s name. Maybe that regret has turned into resentment? Who knows

The more you look at it the more hideous it becomes, greedy greedy people pretending to be your friend. its Like the Hauls, did they pay with their own money? Is it gift cards.? Is it paid partnership.?? All the stuff talked about in any blog/vlog needs to be clearly stated if they have not paid themselves for it!

I truly wondered when i watched that vlog

But was local scottish company and shes Scottish vlogger so thourght might be bit smalll and niche a market.

Was only today in insta storied when asked did she confirm they were gifted.

Not as weird as humdrums advertising their local solicitor and mortage broker in tbe sadly deleted house video

Ps anyone else noticed 3 ads in the space of seconds on edgy's story? All next !!! Is anyone keeping a tally of all these ads?

They don't want to admit that stuff is gifted because they want everyone to buy into this idea that they can afford all this nice stuff with their own hard earned cash. It's more aspirational than having to admit that actually they didn't pay for this and the truth is, if it wasn't gifted, they actually wouldn't be able to afford most of it. Smoke and mirrors. The thing is though, free curtains and fisher price toys and clothes don't pay the mortgage.

It also works in their favour if it’s an affiliate link, if they pretend to like something they got gifted, and they pretend they bought it, and that then generates purchases using their link. There are no losers but the “fans/customers/team/sheep” that buy into the lies.
It’s easy for someone like dear Rebecca to pretend she loves everything, everything is a “genuine and authentic” fit.
Let’s be real Mrs Meldrum, it would be for all of us if it was free.
But the sheep allow this to continue, they don’t allow anyone question her integrity. If you do, you’re a troll.
If they saw a fake advertisement on tv they would kick off,
Anna Wintour using a Tesco own brand slice of bread, you kidding me Anna ? ??‍♀
But Rebecca is our “friend” if she says it’s nice bread it must be true.
(Becca hides the hovis best of both in the gifted bread bin....)

Reactions: 5

Check out the tag. I think this is a gift.

Whats happening with mamas book club?

Have the free riding lessons stopped now?

Have the free riding lessons stopped now?[/QUOTE]

Mamasbookclub is the book club her and two other "influencers" have started. But Rebecca got sick of last month's after awhile and just sacked it all in so people who wanted to didn't get the chance to discuss it after cause she couldn't be bothered finishing it as life is too short!

Yeah the free riding lessons haven't been mentioned in awhile. Shock horror. They weren't declared either if they were gifted eh ??

Have the free riding lessons stopped now?
Yes - what did happen with the book club? I thought a book was chosen and MrsM then stopped reading it because it was boring. But that might have been another non channel mum book club.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.