Mrs Meldrum 3 - The One Who "disney" Declare Her Ads (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
#980 stabby

THIS!^^^^^^^

I've thouhht this for a long time. (In past meldrums called her Darcy and Darce at home. Think they might have changed her name to that, except unrquited friend LP has a daughter called that.)

The latest baby name story. She just loves the name Florence; She wanted Poppy as a name 4 years ago so had to use it 3rd time round; Little fire..?I really wanted Sophia but ended up calling her Safiyah instead!

I wonder if Rebedge is actually a little embarrassed of her name choice for S? It doesn't exactly fit with her middle class image she likes to portray, with classical names for #2 & #3 but her first born has a slightly unusual name and could be seen as being a bit weird in comparison to Florence and Poppy.

Mrs Meldrum was quite young when she had her first and maybe was probably not as polished as (she likes to pretend) she now is hence the her daughters name. Maybe that's why she's so vile to poor S... Even her name doesn't fit her brand and reminds her of her monster days?
I'm sure she's said in a baby names video that she actually regrets safiyahs name as it isn't to her taste now?

Reactions: 2
Is it a name she created? I know it’s been said a million times but that poor girl clearly irritates Reb and she can’t hide it. She seems very sweet to me.

Reactions: 1
Is it a name she created? I know it’s been said a million times but that poor girl clearly irritates Reb and she can’t hide it. She seems very sweet to me.
No, it's not an invented name, i believe it's Arabic. I think it's quite pretty but doesn't flow with Florence or Poppy IMO. I don't particularly think Florence and Poppy flow together either (although I do like both names quite a bit) but to each their own.

No, it's not an invented name, i believe it's Arabic. I think it's quite pretty but doesn't flow with Florence or Poppy IMO. I don't particularly think Florence and Poppy flow together either (although I do like both names quite a bit) but to each their own.
Yes, it's an ancient Arabic name meaning Pure. Lots of different variations on the spelling of it. Very pretty name.

Just found this feed after seeing someone refer to it on Mrs M instagram.
I’m going to be totally honest and have been a YouTube follower of hers from pretty much day one and have always really enjoyed watching her so have surprised myself by pretty much agreeing with every comment on here!
I always thought that she was a little harsh with Safiyah and seeing others thinking the same clearly I was right to think that.
Also I found it very weird that as soon as Lee gave up work they had a garage conversion, new kitchen and 2 new cars!
I also agree with Mrs M putting on the charm when it suits her and have enjoyed each vlog less and less.
Also she must be completely oblivious to this forum as every story and post today as been an #ad

Reactions: 4
You know before the whole DLP the #next would have just been look at my slippers I ordered, oh look at florries bedding.... now it’s AD! Good, I hope the sheep realise all the stuff is gifted as well, Edgy hasn’t dipped into her own very deep pockets.!

Reactions: 6
she should have just used their middles names instead, she’d have Darcey, Arabella and Ophelia!! Would suit her very #posh #spon #AD image.!!!

Just found this feed after seeing someone refer to it on Mrs M instagram.
I’m going to be totally honest and have been a YouTube follower of hers from pretty much day one and have always really enjoyed watching her so have surprised myself by pretty much agreeing with every comment on here!
I always thought that she was a little harsh with Safiyah and seeing others thinking the same clearly I was right to think that.
Also I found it very weird that as soon as Lee gave up work they had a garage conversion, new kitchen and 2 new cars!
I also agree with Mrs M putting on the charm when it suits her and have enjoyed each vlog less and less.
Also she must be completely oblivious to this forum as every story and post today as been an #ad
It is completely the opposite! She is aware of this thread and she is now labeling in accordance with the ASA guidelines. Give her her dues, she is doing what is required.

Reactions: 4
It is completely the opposite! She is aware of this thread and she is now labeling in accordance with the ASA guidelines. Give her her dues, she is doing what is required.
Too little too late imo. The damage is done.

The latest baby name story. She just loves the name Florence; She wanted Poppy as a name 4 years ago so had to use it 3rd time round; Little fire..?I really wanted Sophia but ended up calling her Safiyah instead!

I wonder if Rebedge is actually a little embarrassed of her name choice for S? It doesn't exactly fit with her middle class image she likes to portray, with classical names for #2 & #3 but her first born has a slightly unusual name and could be seen as being a bit weird in comparison to Florence and Poppy.

Mrs Meldrum was quite young when she had her first and maybe was probably not as polished as (she likes to pretend) she now is hence the her daughters name. Maybe that's why she's so vile to poor S... Even her name doesn't fit her brand and reminds her of her monster days?
I’ve often thought this. Safiyah is a cultural name and unless your part of that culture then I think it could be perceived by some as a “chavy” name in the same vein other unusual names are. I’d just like to add that I don’t think that at all. Not just about Safiyah’s name but any name. Call your child what you want, literally none of my business. But yes, I don’t think she likes it anymore and it sounds like it was a pretty last minute decision to change it so it’s a real shame.

I just hope that it continues and that everything is transparent and declared. And I agree with the poster who said if Disney hadn’t happened this evening then nothing would have been labelled AD so I’m pleased that something good had come of it.

Hopefully Channel Mum have had a word with all their vloggers and we’ll start seeing more lasting transparency from all of them. I won’t hold my breath, but I’ll hope!

I do have to wonder how much next have given her to spend on all these ads as she has bought a great deal all part of the #nextdelivery ads

You know before the whole DLP the #next would have just been look at my slippers I ordered, oh look at florries bedding.... now it’s AD! Good, I hope the sheep realise all the stuff is gifted as well, Edgy hasn’t dipped into her own very deep pockets.!
Its just listed ad an ad on her storys not on instagram pictures.

I got a reply from Ash reid on my Dm to say that traditional media don’t disclose ads all the time and get away with it but as soon as Mum does it every body is questioning her
So she’s saying that brands do it on tv (it would be good for her to give examples to qualify that) and get away with it, so why can’t she? ??‍♀ Wow.

So she’s saying that brands do it on tv (it would be good for her to give examples to qualify that) and get away with it, so why can’t she? ??‍♀ Wow.
Further to this, I won’t bore everyone too much with the media studies stuff, but the relationship we have with traditional media (newspapers, magazines, tv etc) is nothing like the (perceived) relationship that we have with people on social media who we think to be ‘just like us’ or our friends - that is why social media influencers are so powerful as an advertising medium and that is why it’s also so dangerous for things to go undisclosed.

I don’t follow Ash Reid but she sounds like a complete knob based on that response.

Reactions: 6
Its just listed ad an ad on her storys not on instagram pictures.
If it's an AD in your stories it is an AD on the grid. So basically, she shows a picture of her child's bedroom, the bedding is gifted from Next (or possibly paid for as she doesn't seem to understand the difference between AD and Spon) the lamp - Dunelm? Probably - they gift shitloads away I think, the unicorn - TKMaxx? Probably gifted, we don't know. The sticker, Amazon, unlikely I would think but she can probably rustle up an affiliate link if we asked nicely. Phhfffftttt, well that didn't last long did it? Poor kid, having your bedroom posted online for the whole world to see - it's her private space. I find that really uncomfortable for some reason :(

Reactions: 3
So what’s the #AD for? Is it for next delivery.... or the bedding and slippers

It’s still not clear

And they need to be honest about how much is gifted!!> not hard to do!! But they know a lot of people’s will be shocked by how much they get and it will put them off, especially when they realise they’ve been duped into buying stuff because they truly believed their ‘friend’ had bought it so it must be good!! The DLP trip made them look what they are, greedy!!!

Reactions: 3
I seem to remember Rebecca saying that when she saw Safiyah for the first time she felt that her original choice of Sophia didn't suit her.......that she felt a more feisty name was suitable (maybe it was the red hair?). Ironic really, Safiyah is a little sweetheart but feisty she ain't.

Also humour me and type Safiyah M (no need for her full surname) into Google and see if you get the same results as me..........

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.