Mrs Meldrum #20 AD Some Items In This Thread Have Been Gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know she's not overly popular on here, but hats off to Brummymummy who was able to talk about the fact that she's having therapy in her vlog today without self-diagnosing, making flippant remarks, or using it as an excuse for anything. Admitted that she is mostly pretty happy but wants to learn how not to take trolls/negativity to heart so much, and said she probably won't mention it again. No 'woe is me' or putting the blame on anyone else.

Lots of respect for that, and hope it normalising asking for help for some of her viewers!

Reb could learn a thing or two from her.

Reactions: 19
They always seem to go Aberdeen to shop so wasn't sure what local high st like
Banchory high street is on the decline, like most other high streets, due to increased business taxes. It used to be lovely but unfortunately there are a lot of empty units and there will be more soon as the main cook shop is closing:cautious: It is definitely not a village, more a small town.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I actually know of a new mum who went to one of the groups and later saw the story of her complaining that it was “so busy”. It made her feel really tit about going and like she wasn’t welcome.
She’s so tactless and ignorant. Very insular and small-vilaaaage minded. I hope your friend has been made to feel welcome by more inclusive people?

Reactions: 14
Someone asked about the song on his stories, that blue dadba blee one? It’s a thing in Aberdeen because the chorus sounds like “I would die in Aberdeen...I would die in Aberdeen....I would die”
Yeah sung by people who were about 12 at the time!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I actually know of a new mum who went to one of the groups and later saw the story of her complaining that it was “so busy”. It made her feel really tit about going and like she wasn’t welcome.
She's like a mean girl from School. A bit of a ? I'd imagine

Reactions: 14
I know she's not overly popular on here, but hats off to Brummymummy who was able to talk about the fact that she's having therapy in her vlog today without self-diagnosing, making flippant remarks, or using it as an excuse for anything. Admitted that she is mostly pretty happy but wants to learn how not to take trolls/negativity to heart so much, and said she probably won't mention it again. No 'woe is me' or putting the blame on anyone else.

Lots of respect for that, and hope it normalising asking for help for some of her viewers!

Reb could learn a thing or two from her.
I love Emma, haven't caught up with her posts today but do like her.

Reactions: 6
I will place my bet now that they are planning to open a business in Banchory - that’s why she’s taking all the AD revenue she can get and Lee is acting smug because he knows they have something lined up!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I will place my bet now that they are planning to open a business in Banchory - that’s why she’s taking all the AD revenue she can get and Lee is acting smug because he knows they have something lined up!
Nah, that would involve commitment, skill, hard work and effort. Nah! ?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Maybe a craft shop as we all know how much she loves crafting ? she can stock her book. I'm sure it would fly off the shelves.........not

• Haha
Reactions: 20
That is horrid to hear. I hope this new mum was welcomed by kinder people and it hasn't deterred her from going again.
Social media and mummy bloggers have such a knack for making mums feel even more isolated and worthless whilst claiming to do the opposite. A horrible trend.

Sorry for worrying anyone on here. I’ve spoken to a nurse and am feeling a bit better. Again I’m really sorry for posting my problems here and worrying people I was just desperate xxx
So good to hear from you. Well done for speaking to someone. Don’t apologise. Sharing how you feel is the right thing to do. Look after yourself and take one step at a time. You’ve got friends in us x

• Heart
I don't post on any other forums. When I first started posting on here that I noticed that I would get a warm fuzzy feeling when my post got some likes, I even started to check in purely to see if my 'likes' had increased. Fortunately I have studied psychology extensively from the comfort of my armchair and knew what I was experiencing was a dopamine hit. I quickly got over myself and can confidently say I post because I like the sound of my own voice not because I want you all to love me.
I think many of the Instamums initially get addicted to the likes and adulation, the freebies, kindly gifted and #AD income just give the validation that as well as being liked they are doing a real job.

Deep down they just want to be loved ???

• Heart
  • Wow
So good to hear from you. Well done for speaking to someone. Don’t apologise. Sharing how you feel is the right thing to do. Look after yourself and take one step at a time. You’ve got friends in us x
This means so much to me. You guys are amazing. Everything just came to a head for me, but I’m glad I spoke up about how I was feeling xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Oh christ, I can’t cope with “Meldrum’s wee #gifted” emporium”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m really glad you’re feeling in a better place @FitiverMin - long time lurker and occasional poster over here! You’re never alone, that’s maybe the only positive of social media. Don’t ever feel too chat to us, were here for you. X

• Heart
Reactions: 8
And for some mums it might have taken a lot of courage to go to a group like this. It’s hard meeting new people. She’s an hole.

Reactions: 23
Someone asked about the song on his stories, that blue dadba blee one? It’s a thing in Aberdeen because the chorus sounds like “I would die in Aberdeen...I would die in Aberdeen....I would die”
It’s to do with him supporting rangers. They’d sing it like if I was Aberdeen I would die or something equally derogatory.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
It’s to do with him supporting rangers. They’d sing it like if I was Aberdeen I would die or something equally derogatory.
I hate football but even I know rangers supporters that come from aberdeen are nothing but glory hunters so no surprise he's a rangers fan......cringe

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.