Mrs Meldrum #20 AD Some Items In This Thread Have Been Gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was much happier in the other house, the murder house feels really cold and haunted, hard to describe!

Reactions: 15
So basically Lee is on the old dog&bone to the CMA to essentially drop a load of other you tuber/Instagram accounts in the tit in the vain hope that they will turn round and tell him that they don’t have to follow the rules...?!
Are these people for real?!!!

duck me hard.

This is your job. These are the rules,
Follow the bleeping rules!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus Christ almighty!
Except no one will know what was said on that call so can guarantee they'll come back and say the way they want to do it is fine! ?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Can you just imagine the guy in the CMA office taking the call?

Pat: Hello is this the CMA?
Operator: Yes, how can I help?
Pat: This is Lee Meldrum here
Operator: Sorry, who?

????

• Haha
Reactions: 24
If we don’t hear anything more about today’s phone call to the CMA then we know that they have been told to follow the rules, use the AD tag on gifted items and shut up!

Reactions: 17
The only reason they’re ringing for clarification is because EVERY SINGLE POST is a gift or an AD and it’s opening the sheep’s eyes up to what they are really like! Even those stories she had to #ad them because of her top. She says she works hard for them, I’d love to see her in a Monday-Friday 9 to 5 job, no freebies, no long walks, no pottering around & certainly not much time for those needed gym sessions. She’s got no idea how the real world works!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Please correct me if I'm wrong guys

ASA role is an advisory body that sets guidelines but doesn't cover gifted items just paid advert and they are quite weak.

The CMA is government governing body that sets actual laws with regards to advertisers and gifts.
They have the the ability to prosecute and fine influencers and brands.

Up until now they act like they reguarly talk to ASA and they always fine with what they doing.

Probably as fine as head mistress is with s term time holiday 7 weeks of unauthorised absence which woukd be prosecuted and fined in England.

This is 1st time i heard them mention they tried to communicate with CMA.
She's making out like they ring helpline and they idiots as they don't know all the rules or realise not everyone's following them.

Who's not following.

Are more infleuncers adhering to rules not breaking them.

Do you think lee grasses up any channel mum chums.

It's been many years since I studied law.

But used to be letter of the law

Also the spirit of the law

The meldrums follow neither.

Why are they against transparency?

Why is the guidelines that yoir industry follows boring stupid and tiresome.

It's your onky income

Why risk losing followers , And publicity and a fine.

Are they really that stupid.

They never cease to amaze me.

This needs to go on insta lola

Reactions: 8
I'd love to be a fly on that wall during the call to the CMA. Not only will they be snitching on other bloggers or so called 'chums' as a way to scapegoat but what they don't realise is they have actively and purposefully misled their viewers by lying so they should be going above and beyond the guidleines to be transparent and yes totally agree they're ashshamed how little they support other businesses by buying eff all and making out it's all CMAs incompetence- they never learn, it makes their promise of mending broken trust laughable

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I’m not too sure, I’d like to think not for respect for the gentleman’s family. But who knows? Maybe someone else knows?
Someone on here who said they knew the people Reb bought the house from had a new shed, but I looked closely at the news stuff and it sure looks the same to me! I truly believe it’s the same one.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
In both my husband and my fields of work there are many rules and some (loads...) seem daft. And some others In our line of work don't follow the rules. For us to break the law because others do would make us very, very stupid.

Reactions: 12
Except no one will know what was said on that call so can guarantee they'll come back and say the way they want to do it is fine! ?
Maybe we won't know what said in the call but we know what the regulations are and are able to question things.

Reactions: 5

Looking at recent articles this is just the start.
Both CMA and ASA willl have more more focus on this area in future so it's not something that will blow over.

The guidelines help ensure the influencer doesn't breech consumer protection laws

Your relationship with the brand should be disclosed fully

Paid should be paid partnership
Gifted should be ad.
Affiliate links made very clear

Simples

I can't imagine lees going to get a different answer and I will keep reporting them until follow the flipping rules.

Not rules set by tattle
Rules set by UK law

Reactions: 13

Looking at recent articles this is just the start.
Both CMA and ASA willl have more more focus on this area in future so it's not something that will blow over.

The guidelines help ensure the influencer doesn't breech consumer protection laws

Your relationship with the brand should be disclosed fully

Paid should be paid partnership
Gifted should be ad.
Affiliate links made very clear

Simples

I can't imagine lees going to get a different answer and I will keep reporting them until follow the flipping rules.

Not rules set by tattle
Rules set by UK law
?

Reactions: 3
She was much happier in the other house, the murder house feels really cold and haunted, hard to describe!
Probably because it was a new build designed by an older couple as their retirement home a good few years ago, and nothing much has been done to it since then. The whole house needs a make over and slapping a bit of paint on the walls doesn’t get rid of the dark doors and woodwork, and dated fixtures and fittings which they can’t afford to replace at the moment ?although when they moved in she raved on about wanting everything “traditional”?So I guess that’s what she’s got?

Reactions: 4
Honestly she needs to grow up!! Stop acting like a 5 year old whining it’s not fair!!!

I bet she comes back and says CMA says gifted is fine!!

It’s not confusing- if you didn’t pay for it = AD, if you have relationship with the company in the last year = AD.

Who is the bigger influencers she’s speaking about? Louise Pentland for NOT disclosing she was gifted a weekend at centre Paris 8 months ago, or Emily Norris not disclosing her free/gifted bobby brown make up on her current YouTube video while advertising another brand!

Just shows her latest hiatuses from Instagram is due to her temper tantrum to now disclose everything she’s gotten for free.

Embarrassed having to put AD in all you posts- should be a wake up call that they are only providing for their kids with free items.

If she actually respected the brands/companies that have “kindly gifted” all these items to them they shouldn’t have a problem putting AD and listing what they have received!!

Her mentality is if it’s free give it to me! But it’s our secret. Like the Neilson holidays!!

• Angry
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.