Mrs Meldrum #151 less Aspen more Asda

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought they moved Halloween 2018, so if they had a 5 year fix they will already be in to their new mortgage šŸ¤”
If they got it sorted or they couldā€™ve just been hanging around waiting for a mortgage comptroller kindly gift itā€¦

If they got it sorted or they couldā€™ve just been hanging around waiting for a mortgage comptroller kindly gift itā€¦
I think they might have been waiting for rates to drop before fixing again but now need to bite the bullet as the SVR will be brutal. I also agree that an estate agent would tell you the value there and then. A mortgage valuation wonā€™t. I think the whole ā€œwe feel a pull to moveā€¦ā€ is because if they canā€™t get something fixed (perhaps over a longer period of time) to help manage the payments, then they will need to move.

Reactions: 10
No im sure he stopped working back when they were in the little starter home, then had to return once in murder mansion, after her racist attitude was exposed.
---

Yes. A son killed his dad in the utility room and hid his body in the wheelie bin for 7 weeks šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢
I just have that kinder ad stuck in my head which was done at the new house šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I wasnā€™t around when Lee quit work and then had to start again. Did she address it at the time? What was her excuse for him having to go back?

Iā€™ve been thinking about this. For Binny to have had any impact on the mortgage sheā€™d have had to declare her earnings and therefore sheā€™d have to pay tax. And we all know Beggy hates paying her way. So I reckon the house is on an informal agreement with Daddy and now daddy realises repayments arenā€™t coming his way šŸ¤ŖšŸ¤Ŗ

Reactions: 3
I think they might have been waiting for rates to drop before fixing again but now need to bite the bullet as the SVR will be brutal. I also agree that an estate agent would tell you the value there and then. A mortgage valuation wonā€™t. I think the whole ā€œwe feel a pull to moveā€¦ā€ is because if they canā€™t get something fixed (perhaps over a longer period of time) to help manage the payments, then they will need to move.
There is a difference between what an estate agent thinks you can get for your house and what the bank thinks your house is worth. Just because you buy a house for X doesnā€™t mean to say the bank will say itā€™s worth X for mortgage purposes and they are just interested in ensuring they can get the money back.
feels like a recent decision to want to move as if it was longer planned you wouldnā€™t have spent money on the more recent modifications and the furniture esp if you were downsizing

Reactions: 8
There is a difference between what an estate agent thinks you can get for your house and what the bank thinks your house is worth. Just because you buy a house for X doesnā€™t mean to say the bank will say itā€™s worth X for mortgage purposes and they are just interested in ensuring they can get the money back.
feels like a recent decision to want to move as if it was longer planned you wouldnā€™t have spent money on the more recent modifications and the furniture esp if you were downsizing
Something went on with that blue room "reno". Lee didn't want it done and then Beggy was doing it when he was away. She started repainting and made a horlicks. I think she still had some money on her own account - ie dregs from Mrs Meldrum glory days and some ice cream pennies so the next thing she was booking in the stove person and ordering cheap horrible sofas. As with everything, it's all ill thought out and impulsive

Reactions: 9
Something went on with that blue room "reno". Lee didn't want it done and then Beggy was doing it when he was away. She started repainting and made a horlicks. I think she still had some money on her own account - ie dregs from Mrs Meldrum glory days and some ice cream pennies so the next thing she was booking in the stove person and ordering cheap horrible sofas. As with everything, it's all ill thought out and impulsive
Yes she is very impulsive- sofas, holidays etc. Think its all trying to fill the void in her life- the one she doesn't think she has but her endless chasing the next "hit" with shopping, holidays etc would suggest otherwise!!

I think they have more money than we think BUT I also think than can no longer afford the mortgage on their current property. Hence the talk of moving into the village and downsizing- whatever the real reason we will never know like that other liar Beggy Hobson!!
If she actually came out with the truth and said "I find it hard with Lee working away all the time so we have decided to compromise and downsize to a smaller house and he's going to find a job onshore and I'll continue doing my social media stuff plus a part time job hopefully-follow along as we look for a house and move etc" she would I reckon actually get some new followers and have some content and she would be more relatable. Trouble is she is LAZY and is DESPERATE to keep up with the Joneses of Banchory and perpetuate the myth that she is some rich oil wife who has lunches with chums and doesn't have to work and just shops and goes to the gym and walks her dog. Because for some BIZARRE reason she thinks in 2024 this looks aspirational!!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
^^ exactly this! She would be much more relatable if she was honest about having to tighten their belts as the reason for downsizing.

Give it a rest Binny, itā€™s obvious you can no longer afford the mortgage payments but youā€™re to embarassed to admit it!

Reactions: 11
What's with the rushed high pitched talking? Sounds awful! That vlog was just for tattle, see I am su su busy......

Reactions: 6
The only time I ever feel the need to move (I love my house) is when I feel out of control with some aspect of my life (work, keeping on top of the house, ect.)

She doesnā€™t work, so has all the time in the world to keep on top of the house (and would have us believe that she could afford a cleaner if it were an issue). So what could she possibly feel out of control about? Lies?

Reactions: 9
The only time I ever feel the need to move (I love my house) is when I feel out of control with some aspect of my life (work, keeping on top of the house, ect.)

She doesnā€™t work, so has all the time in the world to keep on top of the house (and would have us believe that she could afford a cleaner if it were an issue). So what could she possibly feel out of control about? Lies?
Yes!!

Reactions: 1
I wasnā€™t around when Lee quit work and then had to start again. Did she address it at the time? What was her excuse for him having to go back?
Yes she addressed it at the time. She claimed that jealous trolls were stopping her from getting work (by contacting brands) so her poor husband was having to go back offshore. Obviously it wasnā€™t her fault she was losing work šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Iā€™ve been thinking about this. For Binny to have had any impact on the mortgage sheā€™d have had to declare her earnings and therefore sheā€™d have to pay tax. And we all know Beggy hates paying her way. So I reckon the house is on an informal agreement with Daddy and now daddy realises repayments arenā€™t coming his way šŸ¤ŖšŸ¤Ŗ
House definitely in Lee and Rebeccaā€™s name on the deeds. Price Ā£590k. But yeah daddy could have helped but he wonā€™t have any legal hold over them to actually pay it back.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.