Mrs Meldrum #150 Living the dream, aff linking Shein

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s either that or the mortgage is about to shoot through the roof. They will be struggling to remortgage as Beggy has barely anything in the way of reliable income. So could well be stuck on a very unfavourable rate. The move will blamed on Poppy - who is already being set up as the scapegoat
Completely agree - She may still earn a bit from social media but it’s far from what she earned when they bought the house and even then they struggled to get a mortgage on it - Lee wasn’t working at one point after they moved but now his salary plus whatever she does earn isn’t enough. I’d say it’s likely they can’t get a mortgage on it now or the repayments are far too high

Reactions: 6
I’m willing to also bet the house is in negative equity which unless they have the spare cash to stump up, a mortgage won’t cover 😗 😗

Reactions: 9
She can’t have saved when things were good a few years back. Lee looks absolutely exhausted when he is featured and when he’s back on shore she doesn’t lift a finger. You can see how much he resents her and it’s not like she’s making sure that the girls are having nutritious meals and it keeping on top of the house when he’s away. It’s call teamwork. She begrudges anything that isn’t down time for her.

Reactions: 11
I’m willing to also bet the house is in negative equity which unless they have the spare cash to stump up, a mortgage won’t cover 😗 😗
I’m not sure how accurate that is given the building development going on around it but it’s definitely decreasing in value. I don’t believe it’s ever been worth £700+k though

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I specifically said I didn’t know her ad revenue.

anyway. I’ll move on
I’m very confused. You said: “the vlogs over the last month have brought in just shy of a grand”. What is that income from if it is not from ad revenue from YouTube? Is it payment for products being advertised on the vlogs? None of them are marked as ads so far as I can see? How is it possible to make money on YouTube if not from ad revenue from youtube (calculated on views) or from being paid to advertise something on a vlog?

Reactions: 1
Let's say he's on £80k (I'm being very, very, generous here!)

Monthly that's 4.4k assuming he's savvy enough to contribute to a pension.

Let's say she does bring in a grand a month from Instagram (doubtful, but hey, she can dream)

So 5.5k a month.

Mortgage - £2k
Car - somewhere around £500
Bills (electric, council tax, broadband etc) - minimum £800
Misc (insurances, food shopping) - £800 / £900

So I'm at approx £4200 easily there, and that's not including anything like days out, Klarna payments, activity/after school payments, gym memberships etc. And that's assuming he's on 80k, which he's not.... so... Meldrums don't have as much £££ as they'd like everyone to believe :)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m not sure how accurate that is given the building development going on around it but it’s definitely decreasing in value. I don’t believe it’s ever been worth £700+k though
The housing development … is it a big firm or those bespoke ones (is it in Kincardine o Neil?) I’m assuming the fancy ones will dwarf hers in value?
---
Meldrums don't have as much £££ as they'd like everyone to believe :)
I do think it’s so important to remember this. Influencer culture depends on us all feeling tit in comparison when in reality it’s all just precarious.

The housing development … is it a big firm or those bespoke ones (is it in Kincardine o Neil?) I’m assuming the fancy ones will dwarf hers in value?
It’s a kirkwood development prices £500-£800k

Reactions: 5
I think Lee has called her out for being lazy and hardly contributing to the house. If I were him I’d be so pissed off that I was away from my family working hard knowing my wife was having coffee with ‘chums’, doing workout classes, getting her hair done etc. Let’s face it she barely looks after the girls if they’re stuck in after school club until 5pm.

Reactions: 19
It’s a kirkwood development prices £500-£800k

Now why on earth would I spend 650k of my money on marshmallow mansion, with its weird layout, half arsed bathroom and hallway renovations, a dubious murder history, needing complete re-rendering to the outside as well as extensive landscaping in the garden, when I could spend a hundred grand less and have this beautiful new build with all my design choices 🥴

As soon as they saw the planning permission they should have sold up rather than bleat on the internet about affordable pubs :LOL: oh how the mighty have fallen!!

Reactions: 21
Now w

Now why on earth would I spend 650k of my money on marshmallow mansion, with its weird layout, half arsed bathroom and hallway renovations, a dubious murder history, needing complete re-rendering to the outside as well as extensive landscaping in the garden, when I could spend a hundred grand less and have this beautiful new build with all my design choices 🥴

As soon as they saw the planning permission they should have sold up rather than bleat on the internet about affordable pubs :LOL: oh how the mighty have fallen!!
I hope they hire you to write the schedule when they sell it 😬😬🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think Lee has called her out for being lazy and hardly contributing to the house. If I were him I’d be so pissed off that I was away from my family working hard knowing my wife was having coffee with ‘chums’, doing workout classes, getting her hair done etc. Let’s face it she barely looks after the girls if they’re stuck in after school club until 5pm.
I think Lee has said to her

1. Our fixed rate is coming to and end and will not get a rate in any way as favourable. If you don’t start bringing in reliable, PAYE income that we can use to put towards any remortgage as a multiplier very quickly then we are not going to be able to live in this house anymore

2. You are not willing to do that and I am stressed out my box with your carry on with Poppy when I am offshore. You have taken her out of school which I didn’t want you do to. Therefore, as we are going to have to sell the house anyway, I am going to come and try and get a job back onshore so I can be more involved with Poppy and try and deal with what seems to be avoidant etc behaviour that seems to be focussed on you and, as you say yourself, you struggle to cope with.

3. You have now burnt through Grandad’s inheritance and any retained funds in your business from your YouTube days. So we can’t afford your spending anymore. You can only spend what you generate yourself on stripy jumpers and getting your hair done.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

1. Our fixed rate is coming to and end and will not get a rate in any way as favourable. If you don’t start bringing in reliable, PAYE income that we can use to put towards any remortgage as a multiplier very quickly then we are not going to be able to live in this house anymore

2. You are not willing to do that and I am stressed out my box with your carry on with Poppy when I am offshore. You have taken her out of school which I didn’t want you do to. Therefore, as we are going to have to sell the house anyway, I am going to come and try and get a job back onshore so I can be more involved with Poppy and try and deal with what seems to be avoidant etc behaviour that seems to be focussed on you and, as you say yourself, you struggle to cope with.

3. You have now burnt through Grandad’s inheritance and any retained funds in your business from your YouTube days. So we can’t afford your spending anymore. You can only spend what you generate yourself on stripy jumpers and getting your hair done.
Hence why she chopped it herself :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Hence why she chopped it herself :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Probably! There was talk about going blonde in the SUMMER. Previously she was at the hairdresser every 4 weeks. Sometimes more!

I don’t envy them trying to offload murder mansions. Absolute terrible buy with the new development planned.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

It's even got a vestibule! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
To be honest - there probably is a market for relaunching as a family who overextended themselves and now need to get a grip, declutter and downsize. There are a few instagrammers doing this. They are very much in the minority but their honesty and common sense is admirable

That’s what he should say to her. But won’t.

I used this and put the URL in of the latest vlog. It was about £5! It was $19 dollars and then the explanatory notes said that about 50% is deducted from the revenue by google. I’m afraid I wouldn’t believe a thing that any influencer told me unless they showed me evidence to vouch it - ie actual evidence of payments to them.

This comment on the recent vlog is very telling

Thing is, she has potential to do something about that with better content and editing. She can't be bothered, but that'll be the fault of the 15 fat bastard trolls then?

Asking if she should bring the decluttering back again demonstrating this fool can't stick to anything. She's no hope of getting a real job let alone holding it down.
---
I agree, ike lot of property locally they'll have been hit. But they are impacted further with the history of that house and now the new development. The disappearance of the views and exclusive woods makes the house even less attractive now than many others in comparison. But that was the case when they bought that the marshmallow mansion, there were so many far nicer houses locally up for sale at the time but they sought the 'exclusivity' of an Inchmarlo postcode. I wouldn't wish that position on anyone but they KNOWINGLY bought the house with the awful history and the planning permission in progress.

Her parents had been unable to sell their far nicer house, that should have been telling them something. Lee never wanted that house remember, she did. Again all documented in their vlogs at the time. They sat in the snug of their old house sharing they'd had to shop around for a mortgage lender and change things around pretty last minute. Viewers were promised a whole series of house buying vlogs, they were filming the whole process they said. Then it mysteriously came to nothing and the Meldrum shady behaviours increased. It all seemed very dubious from that point. The house was the curse, long before lift gate.

She has earning potential, both from home or in a traditional setting, she's just too lazy and entitled to make the effort. Some partnership eh?

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
He is on £45-50k at the very very most. They done a budget trip to Dubai (nothing wrong with that) during term time cos it’s far cheaper but she kept it all fairly quiet online cos she knew she wasnt living the glitzy Dubai life she wanted to - hence we never seen the Waterpark, fancy restaurants, diamond shopping, etc.
They are defo not rich, it’s why she is affiliate linking everything and I bet her parents help them out

Reactions: 7
To be honest - there probably is a market for relaunching as a family who overextended themselves and now need to get a grip, declutter and downsize. There are a few instagrammers doing this. They are very much in the minority but their honesty and common sense is admirable
Ooh I’m interested, who’s doing this?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.