Mrs Meldrum #12 Months Of Blagging And Scamming The Sheep, Then Tattle Is Born And The Meldrums Lose Sleep!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actually they wouldn’t if she hadn’t met criteria. As a blogger you get a list of things you need to do to get paid for certain ads.(I dabbled a bit in past but realised what a horrid world it was). Also if she didn’t meet the standard I’m sure they could refuse payment. I wouldn’t pay for bad workmanship so why should they.
Am intrigued about the list of things you need to do, can you share some info, it would be really interesting!

Reactions: 1
I find the whole “giving back” thing very insincere with reb.
Has she even mentioned charity before and not around Xmas? And when she’s not being sponsored for it?
I’m all for teaching your children about charity and giving but it’s a bit wanky to only be charitable at Christmas.

Reactions: 8
So, she's alleging that the point of the reverse advent calendars are to teach the children to give back?

Erm, no, Rebecca honey, the point is to prop up the food banks resources for needy families. FFS
I will give her half a pass on that one. It is good to teach the kids the value of giving back ESPECIALLY when they are as privileged as they are. Yes, the main reason is to help the food bank resources but it’s easy enough to just drop a bag of food off if that’s your only reason. The point of the reverse calendar is to do it specifically at Christmas when kids are getting a lot of stuff and to balance it out in a ‘fun’ way to keep them engaged

Reactions: 3
Sorry, I do have a tendency to get on my high horse about food banks. Once you’ve genuinely volunteered and/or had to use one they do become very close to your heart. Just popping into a Fareshare depot with a reporter really won’t show you the reality but I guess no food bank would actually let madam in!

Reactions: 6
Is she actually doing the reverse advent calander though- she hasn’t mentioned it for a while?

Stabby is calling BS on the calendar. If she hasn't insta'd it, then it didn't happen. She would "so so" stick it in a story or put it on the grid. As she's done neither I personally don't think she followed it through. Happy to be proven wrong.. go on Reb, I double dare you!

Reactions: 10
Sorry am I being thick but what is a reverse advent calander?
You collect up food and toiletries and drop them off on Christmas Eve?
I’ve worked with foodbanks and I don’t think (could be wrong- sorry) that it would be sorted and distributed in time for Christmas.

Don’t mean to knock anyone’s charitable contributions, I’m sure they are appreciated whatever day they are received on.

Reactions: 7
Actually they wouldn’t if she hadn’t met criteria. As a blogger you get a list of things you need to do to get paid for certain ads.(I dabbled a bit in past but realised what a horrid world it was). Also if she didn’t meet the standard I’m sure they could refuse payment. I wouldn’t pay for bad workmanship so why should they.
True, I'm assuming she met all of the breif but Ella would want to kill it due to the backlash.

Her breifs must be really loose as she keeps on doing dire jobs at selling anything.

I’ve worked with foodbanks and I don’t think (could be wrong- sorry) that it would be sorted and distributed in time for Christmas.

Don’t mean to knock anyone’s charitable contributions, I’m sure they are appreciated whatever day they are received on.
Basically yes, but I don't think it necessarily needs to be given out at Christmas time, as we know food poverty is a year long problem. If you were doing one you would aim to deliver it on or before the 24th. As she's not mentioned it since she put the shopping in her office I'm wondering was it all BS for likes?

Reactions: 3

Yep, it’s a lovely idea in theory but in practise it can be a nightmare! My local food bank is open on a Wednesday and so there’s almost 100 people (don’t get me wrong, it’s very generous and appreciated) trying to drop off boxes of 24 very different items today when there are no volunteers in. These will all need to be sorted and stored. They will be open again on Boxing Day but the week after Christmas is usually quite quiet as people have been with family and so maybe aren’t as desperately in need. All those wonderful chocolates and selection boxes will have to wait until the new year. My advice would always be to get in touch with your local food bank at the end of November, ask what they’re short of and then do one donation early-mid December if you can. Even better... see if they need volunteers. A few hours a week, even once a month, is so so so needed in a lot of places

Ok promt response from ellas thankfully I don't have to add them to banned list as my baby loves them.

I 1st complained about vlog felt it was poor especially tagged onto other materialistic crap.

They replied that donations Aberdeen depot have increased since the vlog so some good has come out of this or mess for fareshare.

Ellas kitchen trying to do right thing

Only ones actions slightly dubious is the meldrum

But then I asked about prelude to the vlog and linked it for them to see and also linked emilys to compare.

Mrs Meldrum was paid for one sponsored post which was her YouTube content - all other posts were not paid for ads

This was quite clear response to me.

It's a business like transaction plain and simple not a on going prepaid job from being a ellas ambassadors as she calls it.

They are paid by the post .

I said adding her visit on insta days before vlog days before have her insta followers at that time no context of her visit and this benefited her commercial interests as increased her engagement and promoted her in charitable generous light.

She could have generously shared the ellas kitchen buy a pouch ellas donate a meal for free as she appeared so moved after the visit.

I also pointed out the irony of promoting donations whilst going there empty handed.

I felt it should have been separate vlog and this was 3rd example in as many months of her being inappropriate and dishonest.

She dident do reverse calender last year

She's just copying Emily

She thinks it will repair her battered image.

Sadly she seldom uses her platform for good its always some gain to her.
If she can't be arsed support local nicu that looked after her baby then I doubt other charities will farewell

Meldrum Ltd and her team are all she cares about.

2/3 of dislikes on you tube
They not all settlers should tell her something and brands.

Such a good cause tarnished and diminished because of her.

Ads must be a pain as she can't delete on a whim.

Yep, it’s a lovely idea in theory but in practise it can be a nightmare! My local food bank is open on a Wednesday and so there’s almost 100 people (don’t get me wrong, it’s very generous and appreciated) trying to drop off boxes of 24 very different items today when there are no volunteers in. These will all need to be sorted and stored. They will be open again on Boxing Day but the week after Christmas is usually quite quiet as people have been with family and so maybe aren’t as desperately in need. All those wonderful chocolates and selection boxes will have to wait until the new year. My advice would always be to get in touch with your local food bank at the end of November, ask what they’re short of and then do one donation early-mid December if you can. Even better... see if they need volunteers. A few hours a week, even once a month, is so so so needed in a lot of places
I sent all this to Emily Norris in a DM when she first mentioned reverse advent calendars and massive props to her (although I know she’s not entirely without issues) she asked me follow up questions and then did loads more insta stories clarifying points and adding extra info that she hadn’t known. Nothing like Reb who just immediately goes on the defensive

Reactions: 14
Ok promt response from ellas thankfully I don't have to add them to banned list as my baby loves them.

I 1st complained about vlog felt it was poor especially tagged onto other materialistic crap.

They replied that donations Aberdeen depot have increased since the vlog so some good has come out of this or mess for fareshare.

Ellas kitchen trying to do right thing

Only ones actions slightly dubious is the meldrum

But then I asked about prelude to the vlog and linked it for them to see and also linked emilys to compare.

Mrs Meldrum was paid for one sponsored post which was her YouTube content - all other posts were not paid for ads

This was quite clear response to me.

It's a business like transaction plain and simple not a on going prepaid job from being a ellas ambassadors as she calls it.

They are paid by the post .

I said adding her visit on insta days before vlog days before have her insta followers at that time no context of her visit and this benefited her commercial interests as increased her engagement and promoted her in charitable generous light.

She could have generously shared the ellas kitchen buy a pouch ellas donate a meal for free as she appeared so moved after the visit.

I also pointed out the irony of promoting donations whilst going there empty handed.

I felt it should have been separate vlog and this was 3rd example in as many months of her being inappropriate and dishonest.

She dident do reverse calender last year

She's just copying Emily

She thinks it will repair her battered image.

Sadly she seldom uses her platform for good its always some gain to her.
If she can't be arsed support local nicu that looked after her baby then I doubt other charities will farewell

Meldrum Ltd and her team are all she cares about.

2/3 of dislikes on you tube
They not all settlers should tell her something and brands.

Such a good cause tarnished and diminished because of her.

Ads must be a pain as she can't delete on a whim.
She was paid for one sponsored post? They told me they had been working with her for the past 6 months and promoting this free meal thing was part of the ongoing collaboration, and that she is “paid for the overall partnership”

They also told me donations had increased but have gone quiet since I asked for their statistics form this year to last year to compare. As the most likely reason for an increase is the time of year ?

She was paid for one sponsored post? They told me they had been working with her for the past 6 months and promoting this free meal thing was part of the ongoing collaboration, and that she is “paid for the overall partnership”

They also told me donations had increased but have gone quiet since I asked for their statistics form this year to last year to compare. As the most likely reason for an increase is the time of year ?
They have been working with her for last 6months on a number of posts.
I remember her going to henley.
I assume the relationship is 6months
But each post is paid for and labelled paid partnership or ad.

Thanks for your message. Mrs Meldrum is a member of our Ella’s family which is a network of parenting influencers we have been working with for around six months. She is paid for this overall partnership as we are working with her on a long-term basis for a number of posts, one of which was to raise awareness of our Jingle Belly pouch and our partnership with Fareshare. She visited the Fareshare regional centre as she wanted to learn about the workings of this great service and help spread the message of their work and how other parents can support the cause this Christmas. Her YouTube video has 'AD' in the title to make sure it is super clear it is a sponsored piece of content. Our partnership with Fareshare means that we have donated 100,000 meals to families in the UK who need it most this Christmas and the Aberdeen Fareshare depot have seen their donations go up 4 fold since Mrs Meldrum’s visit as she has used her platform to share the great work they do.

I have no way to prove the success of her vlog or her undeclared ad on insta.

Reactions: 2
So Fareshare receiving more donations in the past day has nothing to do with the fact it’s also Christmas/there’s lots of publicity around foodbanks in the news/Christmas number 1 in the charts being a charity single for the trussell trust? The extra donations are just down to Mrs M’s vlog? Gimme a break. I’m sure her vlog has raised some awareness and that’s great but they can’t say donations are on the up just due to her!

Reactions: 12
So from 6pm last night until 2pm today Fairshare in Aberdeen depot have received more donations!! Really!!! Ella’s kitchen!!

Any extra donations are likely due to shops clearing their shelves before they are closed over xmas and very unlikely it’s off the back of her vlog in less than 24 hrs!!

Reactions: 13
She visited the Fareshare regional centre as she wanted to learn about the workings of this great service and help spread the message of their work and how other parents can support the cause this Christmas.
They sent the same copy and paste message to me but it’s the bit I’ve quoted that really irritated me.
“She wanted to learn?” Don’t make me laugh, she wanted fodder for her vlog and protect her image.
“How OTHER parents can support the cause” - while she turns up empty handed ??

Is she actually this thick or is it all an act for publicity?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.