Mrs Hinch #638 she’s not pregnant, she’s not fat, she’s just an attention seeking twiat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks 💕
I think the point I'm making is that the rhetoric about "she'd never last as a normal farmer if she's this upset about a hen" inadvertently paints farmers as these robotic, emotionless beings that don't care emotionally for their livestock when it's probably the opposite for most.
It's one of those "just because it's Hinch, it's a criticism" things, in my eyes. There's nothing wrong with being upset about an animals death, farmer or not. I don't see why it's a stick to beat her with.
Did your dad stop working when one of his animals died? Start fishing for sympathy? Take to his bed weeping?

I think people are saying that to be a farmer you have to have good morale fibre, you keep your animals healthy, you understand your animals needs.

Hinch does none of those things and is none of those things.

Look how she fed those chickens, insane amounts of food. Talking about foxes in her garden and then goes and buys chickens. She's thoughtless and irresponsible.

Reactions: 27
I’m guessing Pam was poorly when she bought the cat bed for the hens, to take her inside to keep an eye on her.
She was posting about them often and then stopped. It was probably Jan/feb time she stopped mentioning them. I agree, it’s been a while and needed to address it when the restrictions were lifted.

Reactions: 15
Are the chickens in the book? If so, she couldn't let on before the book release. I'm off to make Pam Dippers for tea.

Reactions: 14
As Mr Fartycat's old grandfather (real, not tend farmer) used to say - Where there's livestock, there's deadstock. It isn't all Disneyesque living on a "farm" Hinch!

Reactions: 23
Nah I'm sorry, I'm on one today and it always makes me unpopular here 😅
I'm frustrated as well with this idea that to call herself a farmer she needs to toughen up.
Bullshit.
Of all the farmers, smallholders and everyone in between that I know, all of them at some point have grieved the loss of a livestock animal.
Using my dad as an example because I hear it all from him, he almost quit farming a few times due to lamb deaths or other traumatic experiences. I'm the only one of my siblings who has any interest so I get all the gory and depressing details. Just recently they lost a calf after a nightmare birth ending in a c-section. He was cut up about that when the mother cow recovered and was calling for her baby.
He's always attached to the bottle baby lambs and finds it hard day when they go off to be vacuum packed.
Should he stop calling himself a farmer because he cares about his animals? (arguments about ethics aside because I know someone will latch onto that for an argument and I'm not having it)

He even gets a bit sad when he loses a chicken and they're his least favourite.

Edit to add - she's not really a farmer. But my point still stands
I hear you. Of course all farmers will find the death of their animals hard, especially when it’s traumatic or unplanned. But if they cried every time an animal was sent to slaughter or every time the fox popped by for lunch, they would have more of a flooding issue than Weepy Al. I accept that I probably have a skewed view from my dad who is a rufty, tufty cattle farmer. That said, my mum broke down in tears the other day as one of her babies she’d bottle fed had to go to market, and she’s been farming for over 50 years! I just wish Hinch would get some perspective and stop with the farm analogy. it’s nothing like having a few animals in your garden. She doesn’t have a bleeping clue!
---
Thanks 💕
I think the point I'm making is that the rhetoric about "she'd never last as a normal farmer if she's this upset about a hen" inadvertently paints farmers as these robotic, emotionless beings that don't care emotionally for their livestock when it's probably the opposite for most.
It's one of those "just because it's Hinch, it's a criticism" things, in my eyes. There's nothing wrong with being upset about an animals death, farmer or not. I don't see why it's a stick to beat her with.
Just wanted to add, I certainly don’t think she, or anyone, shouldn’t get upset by the death of an animal. I just wish she wouldn’t call herself a farmer. Maybe I’ve muddied the waters a bit x

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
She shouldn't be allowed to have pets/animals if you ask me.
You only need to look at Henners and the wooly wankers to see how bad their diets are, which results in them all being vastly overweight. That poor dog hardly ever gets any excerise, he will be the next one to go I'm sure.
Flop and Flop the fish didn't last long in her care. The chicken has now met it's maker. She's as bad as Katie Price.
It's all for Insta engagement until she gets bored. Nothing more nothing less. God help the new animals she's meant to be getting soon.

Reactions: 13
Loving all the Pam puns, but then our current flock are called Supreme, Nugget, Jalfrezi, Popcorn, Soup, Fajita, Dipper, Kiev and Tikka.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.