Mrs Hinch #43 Nearly forgot to give it a mention, swipe up to pay for my extension

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sheā€™s obviously had decorators in.....wouldnā€™t it actually have been an achievement to decorate their own home.....but why would they when companies have probably been falling over themselves to gift her everything including their services. Hope they didnā€™t pay anyone to fit that no doubt gifted wallpaper in the lounge....itā€™s fitted horrendously šŸ˜±it looks naff, you can see every join...must look even worse in real life. Iā€™ve just wallpapered at my Daughters and you canā€™t see the joins and Iā€™m not an experienced decorator.
Yes!! I was shocked at the wallpaper seams galore šŸ˜±

Reactions: 4
Daddy screwed boxes to the wall in the kitchen and Keith leaf has moved in there so things are changing......she's been very secretive about all the original rooms she's supposed to have kept?
Miss m is on the case šŸ‘µšŸ§

Reactions: 6
I predict a sob story about ā€˜a nasty trollā€™ followed by her holding Ronnie in the early hours with a bit of Celine Dion playing.And the wedding pictures with her Dad. Then a mass of outlandish support from her army attacking her ā€˜Jealousā€™ haters to sooth her narcissistic ego......
We got Ronnieā€™s feet and a petulant reply of a nasty baby toy playing itā€™s tune!

Reactions: 4
If you look at the definition of gifted I think it says thereā€™s no obligation to declare if you donā€™t want to so maybe thatā€™s how she will get round it. Where as an ad should always be noted as thatā€™s a pre agreed term... to my understanding.
You would have to declare it. No company would randomly gift an item to an influencer without it being agreed that it will be shared. Otherwise they wouldn't do it as the company would loose out. Whether it's just been gifted or its been paid for it needs to be an AD. People try and sneakily get around it by saying "I've been gifted this and I'm under no obligation to share" to make it sound more relatable It's basically a lie, of course they've asked you to share the Ā£2k sofa they've sent you. At the end of the day if someone sends you something and you do share it, it's advertisement.

Reactions: 5
Thereā€™s no way she will decorate her whole house and then leave her old bedroom and Henryā€™s the way they are. No doubt she will wait a couple of weeks to look relatable and then pop up a surprise make over.
Gifted by Geoff the aged decorator who Is desperate to do it for her to show how his easylife products work šŸ¤” if you know you know šŸ‘šŸ»

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Can tell Jamie was really into playing ā€œgames to play in bed when you canā€™t sleepā€ [emoji23] like pacifying a toddler and playing along to keep them amused. All he did was ask her the same questions back instead of thinking of his own [emoji23]

Then playing the word game when you have to take the last letter of the previous word and think of a word beginning with that letter....
Jamie - ā€œnougatā€
Hinch - ā€œrhubarbā€
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Jamie - ā€œnougat ends in T babe not Rā€
Hinch - ā€œoh for fucks sake Jamie im just learning all this is new to me why did you have to put a word in like that forā€

Absolutely creased laughing [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
ā€œDo you mean nuggetā€
ā€œNo nougatā€
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

• Haha
Reactions: 6
You would have to declare it. No company would randomly gift an item to an influencer without it being agreed that it will be shared. Otherwise they wouldn't do it as the company would loose out. Whether it's just been gifted or its been paid for it needs to be an AD. People try and sneakily get around it by saying "I've been gifted this and I'm under no obligation to share" to make it sound more relatable It's basically a lie, of course they've asked you to share the Ā£2k sofa they've sent you. At the end of the day if someone sends you something and you do share it, it's advertisement.
Companies gift things to people all the time in the hope they feature. Mostly make up etc to beauty bloggers and I understand that is different to a sofa but if she has no obligation to post she should tag gifted and if she has agreed to post it should be tagged ad. I suppose we might not know if sheā€™s using the correct one but the asa will surely check this somehow. I doubt she would risk doing the wrong one when so many people report her. Also if because mrs hinch has that sofa and 3 of her army buy it - they will have made their money back, and with something like a sofa, itā€™s inevitably going to ā€˜featureā€™ in her videos wether it be Henry lying on it, or her!

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Just a quick update on the eBay cookies. It's actually only 24 hours that they're stored. Don't need to be AS worried that we've inadvertently been funding her.

Screenshot from the eBay partnership network guide.
Ah ok. But i mean with the amount of swipe ups she does everyday, most people probably do click on at least one every 24 hours.

If you look at the definition of gifted I think it says thereā€™s no obligation to declare if you donā€™t want to so maybe thatā€™s how she will get round it. Where as an ad should always be noted as thatā€™s a pre agreed term... to my understanding.
I think even if itā€™s gifted you still have to say #gifted. Itā€™s classed as gifted if thereā€™s no obligation to post/show it. If there is itā€™s #ad

I too am always wary if I piss them off I could be a missing person in under 7 minutes šŸ˜‚ plus we have piglets so mama is super unpredictable
Could I bring my husband to visit your šŸ·s ? No need to feed them beforehand and we wonā€™t stay long ... only about 7 minutes šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Anyone else notice she has had her nails in filled? šŸ˜‚šŸ‘šŸ½
Me thinks sheā€™s not advertised as she had to pay for it. All this love for Trace the other day was bogus shite .... I bet sheā€™s buried under the extension šŸ˜³. Prove us wrong Soph .... letā€™s see you supping prosecco with your ole mate Trace ....

Some more observations.... she ā€œmayā€ have a corner play area for Ronns in the lounge - then we get the ā€œsubtleā€ hint that he loves musical toys ...... wait for the gifted baby play corner musical activity centre play house contraption (grey of course) .... you heard it here first folks šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Could I bring my husband to visit your šŸ·s ? No need to feed them beforehand and we wonā€™t stay long ... only about 7 minutes šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Me thinks sheā€™s not advertised as she had to pay for it. All this love for Trace the other day was bogus shite .... I bet sheā€™s buried under the extension šŸ˜³. Prove us wrong Soph .... letā€™s see you supping prosecco with your ole mate Trace ....

Some more observations.... she ā€œmayā€ have a corner play area for Ronns in the lounge - then we get the ā€œsubtleā€ hint that he loves musical toys ...... wait for the gifted baby play corner musical activity centre play house contraption (grey of course) .... you heard it here first folks šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚
I also noticed that she said she had ā€˜no ideaā€™ where to put anything, but the tv socket and satellite cable holes were clearly spotted on the left hand side šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m guessing corner sofa far right if youā€™re looking in from the garden and possibly a two seater or a chair. And plenty baskets!

Reactions: 12
Itā€™s not the marking of them the first time thatā€™s confusing.

Everyone understands that. My sister had ASA on her case because something she had previously done an ad for (was makes and declared correctly at the time) appeared in the background for 3 seconds of an unrelated video a few weeks later. She got a warning for undeclared advertising revenue. Even tho the thing was only in the background of video

ASA then gave very conflicting information of what they consider as something being ā€œfeaturedā€. I was then told on here to just mark everything as #ad and #gifted just Incase. But thatā€™s ridiculous and also misleading.

Thatā€™s what we are finding confusing
If it's shown in a video or photo, it has to be marked as #gifted or #ad for 12 months after the initial showing of it. If it's in the background it could be considered product placement. Influencers could get around the rules by strategically placing items in the background of videos or photos, that's why there is a requirement for it to be marked. So even when its not the main focus of a photo or video it has to be marked.

Reactions: 3
Terrible layout. Why has she not put in a nice new kitchen at the back so she has a big open plan living area. She stated her dream was to have a big kitchen island ? Good luck selling if you ever want to move
She doesn't spend much time in kitchen so I guess there was no point
Because ā€œfeaturedā€ could be interpreted differently by people. Itā€™s not black and white.

I'ts a very grey area :p:p:p:p:p

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Why is it misleading?
Because ā€œfeaturedā€ could could mean any number of things.

One person from ASA told us that #ad and #gifted werenā€™t needed on background items that were only on screen for a few seconds as long as there was no attention drawn to the object, and it wasnā€™t mentioned. Then someone else contradicted them!

Had a look at her sister in law's instagram and she was posting about the same cleaning products and tips and tricks in literally exactly the same style as Mrs Hinch back in 2017. She must be fuming

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.