Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ashila

Sophie after your stories you’re clearly reading here. Your hinchers have no idea about tattle. I know because I was one before I found this forum. Your stories today, your Q&A before look disjointed and strange to them; because they’re not your target audience.

People who want to criticise for interior choices or colour schemes so be it, there’s not much you can do but there is a lot of us who’s real issue is the over use of chemicals, before when product placement and Ads weren’t as clearly labelled, the constant swipe ups. Your Gretal filter even if you like it, is difficult to listen to and makes you unrelatable. The butterfly one the other day was a nice change.

Your audience which I suspect are women/mothers at home for whom cleaning and housework is endless and often taken for granted. You really did give me a new enthuisam initially to clean and tidy up.

The image you’re selling is someone who has their life together, at home all day with kids it’s easy to lose that part of yourself- even just in the basics of physical appearance, lots of days I can’t be bothered to wear makeup even though prior to kids this would have been unthinkable. Your brand has to be within the reach of attainable. I.e. it is achievable on some level.

You’re probably locked into a contract with P&G, and I guess that is what that weird Colgate placement was the other night? So I can appreciate you need to push their products. But you have a massive reach and audience and at a critical time for our planet once that expires if you switched to eco/cruelty free alternatives it would be a massive step to normalising this for the general population. And it’s a challenge once you get past astonish products to discover new alternatives which clean just as well as ‘standard’ products. You mightn’t want to have your brand take such hardline stance but you choose the products you promote and you can chose ones which are less harmful. With your baby now once you begin cleaning again it’s the perfect time to make a switch.

You’ll never shut tattle up by addressing unimportant points on your stories but you will take most of the fire out of it by making some ethical changes to your account.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Aerosouless

Hi Guys,
I'm new here and never been sucked in by Hinch, I actually got fed up of seeing "... And it's MrsHinch approved" on articles about cleaning products etc. And stands in Home Bargains, that I googled who she was, after looking at her Instagram for a few hours I was totally shocked at how toxic some of the things she uses are! We only use natural or non toxic cleaning products in our house, and have done since I was expecting my first child, we even make our own laundry powder. So her overuse of aerosols and chemicals was totally baffling to me. Not to mention how inappropriately she uses them, ( dryer sheets in pillowcases WTF!) so I took to google to see if anyone else saw how ridiculous her 'cleaning methods' are.

I must admit I've been rather sucked into disliking her though :') I've read through previous threads and been lurking for a little while. Some of the things I've discovered are just baffling. She's a rather appalling person, and I feel so bad for those of you who have said how negatively she has impacted you and your home lives/ mental health. And feel really bad for her misled followers and unsuspecting family too. What a toxic home environment she is creating for them. When I discovered about the swipe ups and sales background etc. That was enough for me to despise her, quite frankly I think she's a toxic, selfish bimbo.

Anyways just thought I'd say Hi, and I'm so glad people see through her shit! I can't believe so many companies and supermarkets are actually backing and promoting her bollocks!

Reactions: 46

Mpmairi94

I’m an ex hincher and can’t believe I was sucked in. ‘Trolls leave me alone all I do is clean my home’ no love, all you do is push stuff to sell that people can’t afford, she has 6 ads today and not a single cleaning tip. She can’t say all she does is clean anymore cause it’s not and I’m bored of it now. You’ve made enough money to double the size of your house and you’ve been gifted all the stuff to go in it, can we just stop now please.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

havinalol

Just saw her latest story - why if you were visiting lodges/cottages would you let your mutt all over the couches and even let it sleep in the bed. Have some consideration for something that isn't yours

• Angry
Reactions: 42

DramaHun

Chatty Member
Hands up if you asked a question but she'll never answer it 🙋

Hinch #44: Swipe ups a scam, Q&A a sham, we see your fake followers all up on the 'Gram

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I'm so confused because she's literally treating this newborn baby like its a puppy. Just came into their lives so easily completely as planned and its all lovely and they can pack up and go on multiple holidays around the country and everything is so smooth and great! Saying that, I wouldn't even take a new puppy away on a mini break! Also I'm not a mum so have no idea but isn't it really important to get babies into a routine as soon as possible? Surely it's not great for the baby to be moved around to multiple different environments so soon ...
No it’s perfectly fine , babies this young need milk , sleep and warmth. They have no concept of their environment and can be taken anywhere.

Reactions: 39
I think describing them as chavvy is unkind and sneering.
However she had a carefully selected target market of working class women with lower incomes to make her £1 products and eBay “bargs” appealing to.
It’s preying on a vulnerable section of society and it’s repugnant

• Heart
Reactions: 37

MapleSugar

Idgaf how she fed her baby, but she’s a fucking liar! She did no more breastfeeding than my husband did! All those clips of her ( gretel) and not a single bra strap in sight. No matter how small your tits are, no nursing woman is walking around braless in the first five weeks! Arrgggh why is she so full of shite?!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 37

GroundedAngel

Chatty Member
I got out of this one ‘self care, face masks, and ‘you can always move to the following weeek’ I bet it’s a journal for new moms to follow
Thanks to years of teaching and examining I can decipher most handwriting.

The to-grid has “self care” and “face masks, fake tan and blow dry” underneath, because self care apparently means tart yo’self up. Below is “ad hoc” with Henry groomers and post office and the right heading is “food shop” but below is greyed out, because she doesn’t eat.

Next to “Count your blessings” she’s scrawled “it’s so important”. I assume by blessings, she means money.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Noseypotz

I’ve just watched someone’s story announcing that they just watched the cottage stories from Mrs H and cried because it was so amazing. It literally made me want to slap myself in the face

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34

Lilmack

I have to say, this thread can verge slightly on petty with the things people slag Hinch off for and a lot of stuff I read and I'm like, so what? Her looks, her parenting, her dog, whatever it may be. And I know that is life (I've gotten carried away and done it myself on here a few times but hate how bitter it makes me), people gossip and critisize, and hell does she put the her whole life out there to be critisized but I kinda wish sometimes we could get back to the real reasons why we all came here originally. The bottom line as to why we dislike her is her lies, right? Or her overuse of chemicals? Her using vulnerable people's weaknesses for her own gain? These are all genuine bad qualities in a person worthy of the dislike and hatred we give. Anything else is kinda insignificant.

Its clearly not everyone and some of the other comments are hilarious. But others just seem spiteful for the sake of being spiteful?

• Heart

zeatrix83

VIP Member
Using the term chavvy is dangerous as it comes with a sweeping generalisation, which is also what Hinch is guilty of. Her assumptions tend to shift towards it being the women in the house that clean, have time or the funding for oodles of 'self care', and that self care only covers physical appearance. One can only hope that if it is some kind of list book, it goes a bit deeper than dusting and getting your nails done while relaxing in your egg chair watching hubby cut the grass.
It creates an illusion of perfection that is a dangerous thing to project. Many of her followers are vulnerable. I certainly was (and still am tbh) and I was sucked in big time.
I thought my mental health was doing well that I stopped all my medication because I thought I didn’t need them. The ‘hinching’ was doing a better job for me than those pills ever did. I became obsessed with cleaning, I was making myself ill because I felt my home was not good enough, that I had to be clean my toilet 8 times a day (and trust me I was doing it 8 times a day) and that I needed to spray zoflora everywhere or we would become ill.
It took my mum stepping in to make me see the damage hinching had done to me. I was an absolute mess mentally. It took weeks for me to get well again. I had to restart my medication on a low dose and work slowly back up to my original dosage. My GP did an urgent referral to mental health services. The recovery was awful and I know that sounds dramatic to call it a recovery but that is what it was.
She is preying on people who are vulnerable and unfortunately these people are easily brainwashed so when someone dares badmouth their leader they become protective and vile because they are constantly seeking her approval. All the while she’s sat at home probably laughing at them.

• Sad
  • Angry

Bostonx

VIP Member
Just caught up on the last thread and all the “surely someone with anxiety can’t do xyz becuase I can’t manage that” remember mental illness isn’t one size fits all. Weather we believe Mrs hinch or not we’d all do well to be mindful that EVERYONES struggle is different.

Reactions: 33

Lilmack

I've noticed she'll never share the proper price of an item. She'll often say "it was a bargain, not sure how much but I'll add the link below" so that even if you don't buy, you're gonna click the link out of nosiness to see how much it is. Little does everyone know about the cookies and any sales on ebay for the month being recorded as via her link. Very underhand.

• Angry
  • Wow

Pearlpow

If its IS a coloring book with pictures of her home at least there will be an opportunity to put some bloody colour into her house 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart