Mrs Hinch #43 Nearly forgot to give it a mention, swipe up to pay for my extension

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think Hinch is that clever. When I first had a look, I didn't know how insta worked, I tapped on the picture of her house in the hope of enlarging it🙄. What immediately struck me was that "she must have paid the marketing men a lot of money". It's all branded "Hinching" "hinch hauls" etc. She wasn't even married at this point. I looked at her first post and she's trying to flog an ikea unit. You'd think on a genuine home account that the first post would be about the house itself and how their dreams had come true buying it?? My second thought was then "Where's all her crap?" She just has minimal new stuff. Maybe it's different for me as my parents died and I've still got their junk hanging around - old books and niknaks they collected, but has she even hung up her wedding photos? No? Just naff quotes on the wall? There's nothing personal or homely about her house! No wonder she failed as an interior design site.

Reactions: 13
She’s almost certainly having something done with the kitchen which is why they didn’t stay there.
Definitely - it was just very passable... oh that's the kitchen nothing has changed in there... but it will have... big reveal coming!

Reactions: 6
... Maybe she doesn't want to ruin her treasured items with the amount of chemicals she's paid to spray around the place....?

Reactions: 4
I also noticed that she said she had ‘no idea’ where to put anything, but the tv socket and satellite cable holes were clearly spotted on the left hand side 😂 I’m guessing corner sofa far right if you’re looking in from the garden and possibly a two seater or a chair. And plenty baskets!
She said she is useless at interior design and will need ‘You’s lots’ to help her! Subtle way of saying that everything is going to be an amazing find on eBay #swipeup #ad #conartist

Reactions: 5
Lay z spa have started following her! Wonder when she’ll get one of those!!!!

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Her posts get me down. I stopped following ages ago. It's constant showing off her lavish lifestyle you can't claim to relate to people when you can afford all of this and the audience can't because majority of people manage to get by every month and work hard to do so. In fairness i dont think she has ever had to scrape the barrel or work ridiculous over time to pay something off she seems to have it on a silver plate all her life, nice for some but not nice for those who have never had it.

People would call that jealousy and yes I will admit it makes me jealous to a point because I work my socks off every day and so does my partner and we just get by every month. The last thing I want to do is go on Instagram after a hard day's work and looking after my child and be shown around someone's new extension 30 times.

All these things gifted to her for what exactly what has she done to deserve all this? I know it's 99% a selling point but still. I mean gifted doors I thought that was very over the top they are nothing special they are doors doesn't make me want to buy them.

Most "celebrities" keep their personal life personal and I think it's the way to be. We know they have a lavish lifestyle but it's not shoved in our face.
I think the big argument surrounding Hinch is that she is a new breed of advertiser. She is not a celebrity,she has no talents, she has not done anything philanthropic yet she is showered in what is perceived as gifts,they are not sent with love and a ribbon on top,they are discussed with Gleam and fees are commission put in place before she says something like ‘I have had SO many messages about my doors guys’ or ‘I found this barg Ebayer guys’
If she used her account like QVS and sold things in the traditional way it wouldn’t have worked,Instagram advertising taps into people’s sub conscious and so many people buy into it. Brand Mrs Hinch was a clever model that Gleam produced,people see her as aspirational with her grey velvet sofa,Shark hoover,baskets and fake flowers on the oven.Every demographic is able to buy into it at some level,even if it’s just too many unnecessary cleaning products or a ridiculous pink pen with a plastic crystal on the end.
She has sold her entire life to Instagram/Proctor and Gamble and with that comes a loss of privacy. She will even use her innocent baby to sell products in the near future,it is a very sad life she is being paid to live,I doubt very much she will have a happy ending,the bubble is inevitably going to one day burst and there will be nobody stupid enough to buy anything from her.

Her posts get me down. I stopped following ages ago. It's constant showing off her lavish lifestyle you can't claim to relate to people when you can afford all of this and the audience can't because majority of people manage to get by every month and work hard to do so. In fairness i dont think she has ever had to scrape the barrel or work ridiculous over time to pay something off she seems to have it on a silver plate all her life, nice for some but not nice for those who have never had it.

People would call that jealousy and yes I will admit it makes me jealous to a point because I work my socks off every day and so does my partner and we just get by every month. The last thing I want to do is go on Instagram after a hard day's work and looking after my child and be shown around someone's new extension 30 times.

All these things gifted to her for what exactly what has she done to deserve all this? I know it's 99% a selling point but still. I mean gifted doors I thought that was very over the top they are nothing special they are doors doesn't make me want to buy them.

Most "celebrities" keep their personal life personal and I think it's the way to be. We know they have a lavish lifestyle but it's not shoved in our face.
Have you watched the Jade Goody documentary on CH4 ? She reminds me so much of Hinch, Jade Goody left the big brother house and very cleverly manipulated the press for her own fame and financial gain under the pretence of being papped,earning up to £25k per set of pictures.She was one of the first celebrities who became famous for no reason,she lived in a world pre-internet when salacious gossip sold in trashy magazines now it’s equivalent is Instagram! X

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I don't think Hinch is that clever. When I first had a look, I didn't know how insta worked, I tapped on the picture of her house in the hope of enlarging it[emoji849]. What immediately struck me was that "she must have paid the marketing men a lot of money". It's all branded "Hinching" "hinch hauls" etc. She wasn't even married at this point. I looked at her first post and she's trying to flog an ikea unit. You'd think on a genuine home account that the first post would be about the house itself and how their dreams had come true buying it?? My second thought was then "Where's all her crap?" She just has minimal new stuff. Maybe it's different for me as my parents died and I've still got their junk hanging around - old books and niknaks they collected, but has she even hung up her wedding photos? No? Just naff quotes on the wall? There's nothing personal or homely about her house! No wonder she failed as an interior design site.
I don’t think the first pic on her page was her actual first pic. She had other pics as well, pretty sure her display pic was on her grid too, she seems to have deleted her earlier pics. Not sure why [emoji2370]

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I’d love to know how she pulled having a new baby and building an extension at same time.

We moved into our new home 6 weeks before our baby was born (due to delays in builders being finished on time)

I was physically and emotionally worn out – by the time we got in I couldn’t be arsed even thinking about curtains, let alone tiebacks – Family and friends helped make the house liveable – I think the only thing I chose was our sofa – everything else I just said, ‘yeah just get whatever’.

I’d love to know how she managed to juggle all of this – am I jealous? – hell yes !!! I wasn’t right for the first 2 years but at least 15 years ago there was no social media to make me feel a worse failure than I already was.

Reactions: 6
I’d love to know how she pulled having a new baby and building an extension at same time.

We moved into our new home 6 weeks before our baby was born (due to delays in builders being finished on time)

I was physically and emotionally worn out – by the time we got in I couldn’t be arsed even thinking about curtains, let alone tiebacks – Family and friends helped make the house liveable – I think the only thing I chose was our sofa – everything else I just said, ‘yeah just get whatever’.

I’d love to know how she managed to juggle all of this – am I jealous? – hell yes !!! I wasn’t right for the first 2 years but at least 15 years ago there was no social media to make me feel a worse failure than I already was.
She’s not the giddy , ditsy woman she pretends to be . She rarely got off her arse prior to Ronnie being born and appeared to have family at her beck and call. She’s very organised , has no money worries and has her Mum and Jamie looking after the baby while she showcases the new extension.

She’s far removed from the rest of us.

Reactions: 11
I don’t think the first pic on her page was her actual first pic. She had other pics as well, pretty sure her display pic was on her grid too, she seems to have deleted her earlier pics. Not sure why [emoji2370]

I sometimes think perhaps the house she uses for Instagram is actually just a set like Jamie Oliver and Nigella used,an environment made to look like home but actually it’s a film set! Like you say she has no books,treasured possessions from her or Jamie’s life or pictures on the walls which I think makes a very bland and soulless home. If you think how much crap she has shown/sold on her stories her house should be bursting at the seams.Ahhh,I remember she has a storage unit,I bet it’s huge.
Instead of those chavvy Live,Laugh,Love wall stickers she should have ‘Sell,sell,sell’ or ‘Money,money,money’
I can almost imagine that she has used her Ebayer earnings and bought a beautiful big house but has kept this one to keep it real 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Has her kitchen got a window in it can anyone remember?
Doesn't it have a bay window? I seem to remember the dining room table sat in the bay.

I always said she wouldn't change her kitchen as it's part of her brand and it would make her more accessible to her followers if she kept it.

Now with all the comments on here I'm wondering if she actually is doing something to it.....

I sometimes think perhaps the house she uses for Instagram is actually just a set like Jamie Oliver and Nigella used,an environment made to look like home but actually it’s a film set! Like you say she has no books,treasured possessions from her or Jamie’s life or pictures on the walls which I think makes a very bland and soulless home. If you think how much crap she has shown/sold on her stories her house should be bursting at the seams.Ahhh,I remember she has a storage unit,I bet it’s huge.
Instead of those chavvy Live,Laugh,Love wall stickers she should have ‘Sell,sell,sell’ or ‘Money,money,money’
I can almost imagine that she has used her Ebayer earnings and bought a beautiful big house but has kept this one to keep it real 😂😂😂
I don't have much out in the way of treasured possessions and I don't have photos on the wall, just pieces of art work. A lot of people would call my home soulless and I can see why they would think that. It doesn't really look lived in'. But I really like it like that, I like it neat and tidy and easy to dust and I generally don't like to have a lot of possessions - if I haven't used something in 12 months it goes to the charity shop. I'm a bit anti consumerist/minimalist.

However she doesn't seem like a minimalist so you could be on to something there! She must have so many clothes, and him. Maybe they're all shoved into Henry's room? Or the storage unit is full to bursting.....

Doesn't it have a bay window? I seem to remember the dining room table sat in the bay.

I always said she wouldn't change her kitchen as it's part of her brand and it would make her more accessible to her followers if she kept it.

Now with all the comments on here I'm wondering if she actually is doing something to it.....
It would be strange to have such a big house and no dishwasher in the kitchen, plus is she going to have a kitchen table and a dining table? If it were my house I’d do as the others have put and move the kitchen into the renovated area and have what is now the kitchen as a snug with a section for a utility. But I reckon she’ll put a new kitchen in with a breakfast bar....

On her hallway stories it looks to me like the floor is up in the kitchen....

Reactions: 2
It would be strange to have such a big house and no dishwasher in the kitchen, plus is she going to have a kitchen table and a dining table? If it were my house I’d do as the others have put and move the kitchen into the renovated area and have what is now the kitchen as a snug with a section for a utility. But I reckon she’ll put a new kitchen in with a breakfast bar....

There's no way she could fit a small island in that kitchen is there? I think maybe the kitchen is bigger than i think it is, the U shape of the units is deceptive. Plus you're right, why not have a dishwasher now?

Reactions: 3
I scrolled down her grid to the start yesterday, it was like they were almost all taken in black and white! So, so dull!

Reactions: 7

She was #gifted a dishwasher earlier in the year!
I joined a few Hinch army Facebook groups to have a nose,omg! hundreds of people would send in pictures of their new kitchens which were almost identical to Hinch’s,every single one complete with fake flowers on the hob,even if it was gas with no protective lid. My point is if she changed her kitchen dramatically right now it would alienate her from the aesthetic so many have paid for. I should imagine Gleam have a strict timeline for her life! After the extension is finished I put money on a long haul #gifted holiday!

Reactions: 11
You would have to declare it. No company would randomly gift an item to an influencer without it being agreed that it will be shared. Otherwise they wouldn't do it as the company would loose out. Whether it's just been gifted or its been paid for it needs to be an AD. People try and sneakily get around it by saying "I've been gifted this and I'm under no obligation to share" to make it sound more relatable It's basically a lie, of course they've asked you to share the £2k sofa they've sent you. At the end of the day if someone sends you something and you do share it, it's advertisement.
L
A big fat yes is the answer to that one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.