Mrs Hinch #422 Nothing makes you sadder than your ‘tend friend’s ladder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My brother was non verbal until he was about 2 and a half but he’s not autistic, he’s dyslexic.

Reactions: 12
My brother was non verbal until he was about 2 and a half but he’s not autistic, he’s dyslexic.
Just about to say the same about my youngest daughter. She wasn’t completely non-verbal, we had some single nouns but her receptive language was very poor at age 2-3 (less than 1%). She was tested for autism but was not. She is dyslexic, but otherwise you would never know she ever had language difficulties as she has way too much to say for herself these days

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Apart from being non verbal are there any other signs that Ronnie may be autistic? I just think he’s not flourishing because of his parents as I’m not seeing any major autism flags, but I’m not 100% sure what the signs are really.

Reactions: 10
My nephew didn't speak until he was 3 and a half, had some speech therapy and once he started school he flew and caught up. No signs of autism or dyslexia. I will say, even though he didn't speak he was really great at the physical side of things and walked early, potty trained early etc.

Reactions: 10
Apart from being non verbal are there any other signs that Ronnie may be autistic? I just think he’s not flourishing because of his parents as I’m not seeing any major autism flags, but I’m not 100% sure what the signs are really.
There are absolutely other major flags

Ronnie doesn't express emotions consistently in different situations. Many times we see him with a blank face.

He ignores his parents when they are talking to him

His gait is off, he slumps to one side. Also tip toe walking

Eye contact doesn't seem to be consistent.

His play seems to be quite repetitive from what they have shown (cleaning/wiping, putting things away, putting things in the bin)

I've said it before. It's common for neurotypical to have a delay such as speech delay but when there are multiple flags it can point to asd or perhaps something else

Reactions: 54
poor eye contact, it’s very inconsistent
Lack of engagement/interest in things that a “neurotypical “ child would show, watch the arcade clips. Zero interest.
no speech or attempt at any sort of attempt at speech. No babbling etc
Not much attempt at even communicating with non verbal like pointing waving catching someone’s eye
Doesn’t appear particularly connected to either parent which can be quite common with children who have autism
He appears to walk on tippy toes, lots of children with autism can sometimes have something unusual to their walk like dragging feet, tip toeing or flat footed

can I just say a child doesn’t have to show all of them and occasionally they might be able to do some things to, children learn to mask pretty quickly, especially girls who often get missed as they are under more pressure to conform to societal norms

frim what we see of Ronnie I’d say he was a good candidate to be watched for possible asd diagnosis in the future
Quire a bit of research to points towards older dads being more likely to have children with autism, found that quite a good read as it’s usually us women’s age that gets blamed for anything

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Unfortunately there is still a negative connotation with autism, I have an autistic nephew and cousin. Both are on different ends of the spectrum and both are incredible. I think it’s important to remember that it’s ok to say a child may have autism. It’s not a negative judgement or criticism it’s an observation. There is a reason we have an autism awareness month.

• Heart
Reactions: 93
I wonder if b&m made an offer to make a home range seeing as that’s her favourite shop and didn’t she used to do all her shopping in Morrison’s? I hope she doesn’t do a kids clothes range!
If she did it would all be grey and emblazoned with ‘my mum is a boring bleep’ or ‘my mum doesn’t like me’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Unfortunately there is still a negative connotation with autism, I have an autistic nephew and cousin. Both are on different ends of the spectrum and both are incredible. I think it’s important to remember that it’s ok to say a child may have autism. It’s not a negative judgement or criticism it’s an observation. There is a reason we have an autism awareness month.
I agree. Sophie definitely comes across ashamed, I can’t imagine her wanting to admit that she possibly has an nd child hence the very defensive response “he can talk very well thank you” luv, you show us the poor kid doing a piss,no way on earth would we have not heard an utterance from him by now to prove us wrong! Being neurodiverse is not shameful, I am nd as is my son and I think we are both awesome tbh 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Never have I ever…. known a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet be so caring and considerate not only to each other, but to a child they have never met.

So glad I stumbled accidentally into this group of nusty trolls❤

• Heart
Reactions: 86
👏👏👏👏👏this😍

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Mrs Hinch #422 - Nothing makes you sadder than your ‘tend friend’s ladder

Winning thread title by @Pollyanna263 🥳
Thursday started with more ads for the Teshhhco tat range. and Soph fort she’d talk us froo the new stock. There are wooden candlesticks in two barely discernible shades of silver and white which she claims are huge sellers but which have been spotted with reduced to clear stickers...
a plastic eucalyptus plant, which isn’t a eucalyptus, a warta hisinf tray and placemats, ribbed candles and a tacky mug with Hinch written all over it ideal for those mugshot dinner parties.
She claims she wants to keep it as low cost as possible as she knows what it’s like to move in to a new home and be on a budget...big fat gypsy weddings, helicopter engagements, and multiple expensive foreign holidays don’t come to those who spend more than fiver on a mug eh Soph?
OMG I just did a little wee. 😂😂😂😂

First class as always @Bunnykins 👏🏻

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I bloody love all you tattle trolls
You're more than just 'tend' friends,
I Hope Hinch's tit show life continues
@Bunnykins recaps never end!

Then there's our local detective @HinchesSousChef, her theories are spot on,
And What happened to Our dear Shady? we miss you now you're gone 😔

@AC55 @Danielle0120 our resident sweary marys,
You can say duck + bleep as much as you want,
I laarve it and don't Carey 🤦🏼‍♀️

Our very own @Andioooop
Simply the best at editing pics,
Oh how we laughed at her wrecking ball
She still made Inch look a dick!

This is only some of tattle's finest
There's many more who make us smile
You'll meet them in my next instalment,
But it might take a little while..

So have a lovely weekend tattle
And Enjoy your bank holiday
Let's hope the hinches duck up some more
In the most spectacular way!

ATV 😘

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 83
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.