Mother in law experiences? Share them! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Onthehop she has a carer come in once a day (will be more when she’s home) and a district nurse. Apparently it’s easy enough to transfer that over to her address with one phone call. You have just reminded me though that apparently there will be some kind of lock box with a key and a code for medical people to get in? and I need to check that’s being sorted too else that’s another excuse to not take her home isn’t it!

Reactions: 6
@Onthehop she has a carer come in once a day (will be more when she’s home) and a district nurse. Apparently it’s easy enough to transfer that over to her address with one phone call. You have just reminded me though that apparently there will be some kind of lock box with a key and a code for medical people to get in? and I need to check that’s being sorted too else that’s another excuse to not take her home isn’t it!
A key safe. Yes that could delay the transfer. They could install that at the same time as the rails.

Reactions: 2
@Peaches_xox it's just so selfish. My MIL is a piece of work and so is my Mum but I couldn't imagine either of them allowing me to sleep on the sofa. He should have gone to his Mums with her and let you have your bed. Your back must be sore sleeping on the sofa every night!?

Reactions: 7
A key safe. Yes that could delay the transfer. They could install that at the same time as the rails.
I will ask him tonight if it’s happening and for him to follow up! Nothing can delay this for me. I’ve bought all new bedding even new pillows and have plans to go buy a new mattress the second she’s not here!

@watermelon sugar my mum can be annoying as duck but I do know that she would never ever put me in this position and even now I know I wouldn’t to my son. I’ve honestly never met a family like it. They all seemed so normal before I got pregnant 🙄
AH yes my back it’s been on and off. Very stiff. I work from home and never bought a proper chair just use my dining chair as I didn’t think it would be this long so it’s been a bit tit anyway & yesterday I bent down to do the dishwasher and there was a massive pain in my back and I was like duck THIS IS WHAT 30 FEELS LIKE and then I realised I just need a proper bed. I often contemplate booking into a hotel alone 🤣

• Sad
I will ask him tonight if it’s happening and for him to follow up! Nothing can delay this for me. I’ve bought all new bedding even new pillows and have plans to go buy a new mattress the second she’s not here!

@watermelon sugar my mum can be annoying as duck but I do know that she would never ever put me in this position and even now I know I wouldn’t to my son. I’ve honestly never met a family like it. They all seemed so normal before I got pregnant 🙄
AH yes my back it’s been on and off. Very stiff. I work from home and never bought a proper chair just use my dining chair as I didn’t think it would be this long so it’s been a bit tit anyway & yesterday I bent down to do the dishwasher and there was a massive pain in my back and I was like duck THIS IS WHAT 30 FEELS LIKE and then I realised I just need a proper bed. I often contemplate booking into a hotel alone 🤣
@Peaches_xox you'll never stop suffering with your back if you don't look after it now. Could I suggest that you use your sore back as an excuse not to do anything about the house, including cooking dinner. It's not lying per se, your back will gradually worsen and could possibly go into a spasm if you don't mind yourself. I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy.

Grab as many cushions as possible and sit on the sofa, snuggle with your little one, and tell them that you're in too much pain to do anything. Maybe when your partner realises just how much you do, he'll cop on to himself.

You're making things too easy for both of them, I'm so sorry you're going through this but you need to put your foot down before your own health suffers.

There's absolutely no respect for you in this relationship, he called you a head??? He allows his mother to sleep in your bed over the mother of his own child? That's NOT normal no matter what bullshit he's spouting. Sorry for being harsh, I'm actually quite sad for you because no one deserves to be treated like that.xx

• Heart
Reactions: 18

I wouldn’t wait to order the mattress, you will have to allow for delivery

Reactions: 3
This has just reminded me of something. I sometimes used to stay over at my exes house. One time I had a really bad period, blood everywhere and it had leaked into my knickers and bottoms but bear in mind it was just my knickers and bottoms, no where else and it would only be me that knew. I’d folded my pants and bottoms up in my bag so I could just take them home and sort them and bin them if I couldn’t cos obviously I couldn’t do that at his. I had to hide the pad in there too because there was no bin in their bathroom and the only bin was in their kitchen and I was mortified. I went for a quick shower and when I came back, his mum had gone in his room, into my bag, peeled my pad off my pants (I didn’t know what to do with it and figured I’d just sort it when I was home) and started washing them. Bearing in mind my boyfriend at the time didn’t know about my mishap and I hadn’t told her. I just thought it was really weird and disgusting 🤢

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
This has just reminded me of something. I sometimes used to stay over at my exes house. One time I had a really bad period, blood everywhere and it had leaked into my knickers and bottoms but bear in mind it was just my knickers and bottoms, no where else and it would only be me that knew. I’d folded my pants and bottoms up in my bag so I could just take them home and sort them and bin them if I couldn’t cos obviously I couldn’t do that at his. I had to hide the pad in there too because there was no bin in their bathroom and the only bin was in their kitchen and I was mortified. I went for a quick shower and when I came back, his mum had gone in his room, into my bag, peeled my pad off my pants (I didn’t know what to do with it and figured I’d just sort it when I was home) and started washing them. Bearing in mind my boyfriend at the time didn’t know about my mishap and I hadn’t told her. I just thought it was really weird and disgusting 🤢
Sometimes I feel like they’re trying be helpful but that is just TOO MUCH. WHY WAS SHE GOING IN YOUR BAG ANYWAY

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I’m so glad to see he’s your ex. Can you imagine what his mum would be like if yous were married 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m so glad to see he’s your ex. Can you imagine what his mum would be like if yous were married 🤣
She’d be one of those ones that has their own key & lets themselves in at any time unannounced

• Sick
She literally was. She made him quit all his well paying jobs so he was too nervous to move out and buy a house and she wanted us to live with her in her house forever. When I wanted us to buy a house after 3 years together she wouldn’t let him (he was in his late 20s) and now he still lives in her house 4 years on 😭

• Wow
Reactions: 3
OMG You are going to have to replace that mattress! And if I were you, the OH also....
Absolutely! Get rid of him and his precious mummy, send them both off to her place where he can be her carer 24/7 and you won't have to skivvy about after the pair of them!!!

I think you can already see the effects of this on your son Peaches so think of him and get rid of the other two before they do any more damage, after all, do you want your son as a grown man curling up alongside you in bed because he thinks its OK? "My dad sleeps with my Gran every night so it must be OK..............................." I think you already know its neither OK nor acceptable to either you or your little lad to live with it, playing second fiddle to this woman who is actively encouraging her little sunbeam to treat you like rubbish whilst you get to pander to her whims & flunkey about after her. Its all totally wrong my love - get them the hell out of there for your sake and your child too :(

" I will ask him tonight if it’s happening and for him to follow up! Nothing can delay this for me. I’ve bought all new bedding even new pillows and have plans to go buy a new mattress the second she’s not here! " Don't ask him - TELL HIM!!!!!!! "Enough is enough, shape up or ship out with your bloody mother!" And thats it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Peaches, your updates make me angry.

I'd kick the other half out , then he could take his mother with him . That's no way for you and your son to live .

And I don’t usually tell people to' get 'rid' of their partner at any sign of unhappiness, bit this is exceptional.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
@Peaches_xox yu can't leave anything to your OH, get all the tit she needs booked in yourself so you know it's done then he can move in with her for a week if need be.

I'd think about maybe writing it all down for him so he can digest it all. His behaviour towards you is disrespectful and he needs to work on your relationship before it's too late. Does he secretly want to move in with his pissy mother and live together?

I really hope it works out quickly x

Reactions: 9
@Peaches_xox It angers me that your husband can't seem to see how this is all unfair on you. It's great that he wants to care for his Mum, absolutely, however he should also be considering how it's affecting you as his Wife. Having you sleep on the sofa for this long crosses the line. I really hope things improve for you soon x

Reactions: 8
I can’t see how his mother is even ok with letting you sleep on the sofa for so long in your own home 🤯 it’s just mind blowing. Mother’s and their sons are something else. Sometimes I feel like they think it’s some kind of game to see who the son will do more for 🤯

Reactions: 12
Sorry to say this but I'm very sceptical about Peaches story. My BS radar has been pinging non stop ! Think we're being had and people's kind concern is being manipulated. .....

• Wow
Reactions: 23
All the people from Same Sex Flirting on their way to this thread now

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.