Mother in law experiences? Share them! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay so bad news - the stuff hasn’t been installed into my mother in laws house today. It has been delayed until next Thursday. Good news is I am really hopeful that she will be moving back home next weekend 🤞🏻
She hasn’t been too bad today. I took her to the hospital today and she complained about food A LOT to the point that Mr Peaches ACTUALLY TOLD HER TO QUIT THE MOANING. He said ‘This whole day has been dedicated to you, getting your breakfast, taking you to the hospital, making your lunch, getting you drinks and hot water bottles, I’m almost sure peaches hasn’t eaten yet and it’s 3pm and you’re still going on’ she’s been radio silent ever since. 🎉🎉
I am curious to see how this all pans out.
You appear to have the patience of a saint.
I would have walked ages ago.
Mind yourself.

Reactions: 12
I am curious to see how this all pans out.
You appear to have the patience of a saint.
I would have walked ages ago.
Mind yourself.
I am curious too! I really hope she’s going home. I can get some sort of my life back and have full discussions with mr Peaches on the future. I think I get on with it because I like a quiet life and don’t want to come across as uncaring. The problem with that is you get taken for a fool don’t you!

Reactions: 8
I am curious too! I really hope she’s going home. I can get some sort of my life back and have full discussions with mr Peaches on the future. I think I get on with it because I like a quiet life and don’t want to come across as uncaring. The problem with that is you get taken for a fool don’t you!
You get treated like a doormat and they'll all wipe their feet on you. "She won't mind...........................................", even when they know bloody-well you do mind - A LOT! Mr P needs telling that its not acceptable to you or your child and if he's so concerned about his Mummy then he ought to go live with her hmself rather than expect YOU to give up your Home and bed for an ungrateful old baggage. Your child should not have to be seeing you used as a servant :(

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I've been with my partner for nearly 17 yrs, we have 3 kids together. We have been free of my mil for a couple of years after things boiled over and 14 sit down "meetings" (as she would refer to them) failed to resolve anything. My family and friends have never gotten on with my partners family, mainly his mum as they'd be really judgemental, family gatherings they'd surround the buffet for example and fat shame anyone who dared to eat from it. My family witnessed countless digs from my mil insinuating I was fat to the point she'd tell everyone stories of how her friend asked how my pregnancy was going even though I very clearly wasn't pregnant. I also had to go for surgery once before kids and she laughed and joked to me and my partner that I was having an abortion, I wasn't. Her daughter has reported us (and several others) to SS, completely callously and unfounded. Mil would only ever be in touch when my partner was off work to do things together, never when I was home alone with the kids, I even broke my wrist whilst pregnant and had a 1yr old at the time and I never seen her. We would have talks about how we wanted her to see the kids more and she'd never ever bother. Now she's twisted it so that it looks as though we've stopped her, which suits her narrative but isn't the truth. She was banned from seeing my partners niece and nephew for 2yrs but now they're playing happy families again. They go to the same school as my kids so my mil and fil do the school pick up/drop offs and have continued to ignore and blank my children, they even moved their foster kids to the same school so there is literally no escaping them.

An abundance of things escalated to the point my mum got involved, having seen first hand the problems mil was causing me and my partner that we had our final "meeting" which we've not really spoke to since. The odd time, fil will corner my partner to say he and mil need our permission to apologise but it never materialises because he openly admits he doesn't know what for, he's just under mils thumb and does what he is told.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
For a year or two after we got together, my MIL had this sort of whisper campaign against me where she was always creating problems with my husband. He loves his mum and obviously believed what she said. I got pregnant after only a year together. We were thrilled. My parents were thrilled. MIL *immediately* told my husband that I was going to leave him and he'd never see his child again. He got really upset after that and we had a huge fight about it which hurt because it wasn't at all true (we both loved each other and planned for and wanted our baby). She was annoyed that I worked while pregnant in case I damaged the baby (I was an office worker, not a cage fighter). After baby was born she insisted that baby cried because my breast milk was "bad" and I was starving baby, and that I needed to get it tested to prove it wasn't (my HV laughed when I said this since baby was born at and stayed a healthy weight. Also... Breast milk quality testing??).

Thank god my husband now takes her words with a pinch of salt and we're now low contact.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
My mil is now huffing with me because I didn’t sit glued to her side at a family bbq, which was outside in the freezing cold 🤦🏻‍♀️ She didn’t want to go indoors as she didn’t want to mix with other people at the bbq 🤷🏻‍♀️ somehow my fault I have manners lol

• Haha
Reactions: 7
For a year or two after we got together, my MIL had this sort of whisper campaign against me where she was always creating problems with my husband. He loves his mum and obviously believed what she said. I got pregnant after only a year together. We were thrilled. My parents were thrilled. MIL *immediately* told my husband that I was going to leave him and he'd never see his child again. He got really upset after that and we had a huge fight about it which hurt because it wasn't at all true (we both loved each other and planned for and wanted our baby). She was annoyed that I worked while pregnant in case I damaged the baby (I was an office worker, not a cage fighter). After baby was born she insisted that baby cried because my breast milk was "bad" and I was starving baby, and that I needed to get it tested to prove it wasn't (my HV laughed when I said this since baby was born at and stayed a healthy weight. Also... Breast milk quality testing??).

Thank god my husband now takes her words with a pinch of salt and we're now low contact.
She sounds like a fruit loop

Reactions: 5
I've posted about mine before.

I freelance which usually means working from home and being able to do stuff during the day for my MiL (and my FiL when he was alive), but more recently I've started working for a local client where I have to actually go in to his office.

My MiL moved to a different suburb after her husband passed but still wants to go to the bridge club she always went to which is on the other side of our very busy city (takes hours to get anywhere). She can still drive but gets freaked out by the motorways.

Because I'm no longer available to take her to the bridge club on a whim, she's become even more toxic and meddlesome than ever. She will text me asking if I'm "still working" (she thinks freelancing at home = laying on the couch watching Dr Phil, obviously); to which I will respond, "Yes, most days." Then she witches and moans to my husband about how I won't help her. He has told her, I'm not available and she will have to make other arrangements.

Yesterday I was out and about and saw her - it was Sunday here in NZ - she said, very sarcastically, "Oooooh, not working today then?" To which I responded that it was Sunday, and I was doing chores. I took that opportunity to once again explain that I think it's best that she either finds a local bridge club to join, or gets a pensioner driving service to take her (they do exist). She rolled her eyes and carried on (blah blah blah, lots of noise and excuses), so I then suggested that she ask her daughter (who's a horrible tart) to take her on one of her two, 'work from home' days. To that, she gave me a big lecture on how important her daughter's job is, and how she couldn't possibly expect to interrupt her train of thought. It really gets under my skin that she's trying to make this my problem ... and make me feel guilty for putting my work before her. She doesn't even like the people at her bridge club - she's always bitching about them. She's definitely hinting at me taking a day off just to take her to bridge, and quite frankly she can fark off. At that point, someone I haven't seen in ages came along (perfect timing!), and provided a much-needed distraction, so off she trotted, steam coming out her ears.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I've posted about mine before.

I freelance which usually means working from home and being able to do stuff during the day for my MiL (and my FiL when he was alive), but more recently I've started working for a local client where I have to actually go in to his office.

My MiL moved to a different suburb after her husband passed but still wants to go to the bridge club she always went to which is on the other side of our very busy city (takes hours to get anywhere). She can still drive but gets freaked out by the motorways.

Because I'm no longer available to take her to the bridge club on a whim, she's become even more toxic and meddlesome than ever. She will text me asking if I'm "still working" (she thinks freelancing at home = laying on the couch watching Dr Phil, obviously); to which I will respond, "Yes, most days." Then she witches and moans to my husband about how I won't help her. He has told her, I'm not available and she will have to make other arrangements.

Yesterday I was out and about and saw her - it was Sunday here in NZ - she said, very sarcastically, "Oooooh, not working today then?" To which I responded that it was Sunday, and I was doing chores. I took that opportunity to once again explain that I think it's best that she either finds a local bridge club to join, or gets a pensioner driving service to take her (they do exist). She rolled her eyes and carried on (blah blah blah, lots of noise and excuses), so I then suggested that she ask her daughter (who's a horrible tart) to take her on one of her two, 'work from home' days. To that, she gave me a big lecture on how important her daughter's job is, and how she couldn't possibly expect to interrupt her train of thought. It really gets under my skin that she's trying to make this my problem ... and make me feel guilty for putting my work before her. She doesn't even like the people at her bridge club - she's always bitching about them. She's definitely hinting at me taking a day off just to take her to bridge, and quite frankly she can fark off. At that point, someone I haven't seen in ages came along (perfect timing!), and provided a much-needed distraction, so off she trotted, steam coming out her ears.
I'd take her to bridge alright - the highest one I could find and boot her ungrateful ass off it!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I've mentioned it before, mine keeps copying my clothes 😭 I bought some spotty wide leg trousers which I wore last week around her. I've received a whatsapp this morning with a photo of her in the trousers "omg Wilma they're soooo comfy I can see why you liked them" pleaaaase stop 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
My mil is a militant anti-vaxxer and I found her views to be quite racist so tbh I’ve distanced myself from her because she comes across as really rude and disrespectful at times. Last time me and my partner visited her she joked about her moving into our house multiple times. She also made a comment when we were getting into our cab saying “I hope the cab driver doesn’t murder you both! Get home safe” I just found it a really weird comment to say? My mum would never say that she’d say god forbid before saying anything bad. I just don’t really like her and I feel bad but I dont really make much effort to talk to her because I have no interest in knowing her like that. I just hope she stays well away

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I've mentioned it before, mine keeps copying my clothes 😭 I bought some spotty wide leg trousers which I wore last week around her. I've received a whatsapp this morning with a photo of her in the trousers "omg Wilma they're soooo comfy I can see why you liked them" pleaaaase stop 🤣
(Sick response at the behaviour, not the description of the pants). Is she a narcissist, your MiL? Because that is one of their traits - they copy others' behaviours, shopping, mannerisms ... and claim they got to them first. It's bloody annoying.

My mil is a militant anti-vaxxer and I found her views to be quite racist so tbh I’ve distanced myself from her because she comes across as really rude and disrespectful at times. Last time me and my partner visited her she joked about her moving into our house multiple times. She also made a comment when we were getting into our cab saying “I hope the cab driver doesn’t murder you both! Get home safe” I just found it a really weird comment to say? My mum would never say that she’d say god forbid before saying anything bad. I just don’t really like her and I feel bad but I dont really make much effort to talk to her because I have no interest in knowing her like that. I just hope she stays well away
Weird thing to say ... words have power!

My mother (who is a narcissist and I do not have a good relationship with), says the most inappropriate things. She was in hospital recently and refused to let a "darkie" (her words!!!) touch her. Such a horrible person.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Would it be possible to wear the same outfit every time you see her? She might get bored with her copycat BS then.

Reactions: 5
Would it be possible to wear the same outfit every time you see her? She might get bored with her copycat BS then.
When I first read this I thought you meant plan my outfits WITH her so that we were wearing the same every time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This made me laugh way too much. Are you going to for brunch wearing your matching outfits? People might think you’re twins 🙊🙊🙊

Made a fake tinder of me loooool
WHAT THE ACTUAL????

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My SIL keeps doing this it is soooooooo frigging annoying!!!! and then she acts like she got them first 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.