Mother in law experiences? Share them! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My fella is a Mummy's boy as well. They facetime once a day, phone call every morning and night. She rings him and complains that he hasn't been to visit every day 😂 he has a Mum tattoo. When he says hes going to see her I go 'are you going to get your bitty?' He tells me to piss off
Hahahahaahahaha I'm the exact same, I make the funniest digs. If I didn't I'd flip I think

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hahahahaahahaha I'm the exact same, I make the funniest digs. If I didn't I'd flip I think
It's deffo a coping mechanism 😂 she always drops little stories about him like she said he slept in her bed till he was 7. We were there yesterday and I got up to go and went 'is Mr Watermelon staying in your bed tonight then' to his Mum 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Warning this will be a long post

So I really thought I would be coming online to share some good news with you. Last night I said to Mr P in a very serious tone ‘so your mums stuff is being installed at her house tomorrow. What is the plan after that’
He replied and said he will try and get his cousins to help move her home on Sunday. I was buzzing. Like thank god. This nightmare is ENDING.

Today he tells me that his mum has a hosp appt tomorrow which he will attend with her, and the delivery / installation of the stuff to her house is all day. He tried to call them to get a time and they couldn’t give one. I said okay can you not try and move your mums appt to Monday he said no. I said can you ask your aunt to go to her house (who will be at home doing duck all 10 mins away) and wait for the delivery until you get back. He said no she won’t do it. He said I think they will reschedule. This fucked me right off because the last reschedule was a two week wait. He then said he hasn’t dropped all the forms off to make sure her care is activated ... he’s had them for over a week. So it’s clearly not happening on Sunday but he hasn’t told me that.

Today has been testing to say the least. She has randomly come to my dining room where I work to demand food in the middle of the day (she’d had breakfast and lunch)
She complained that I’d run out of crackers (she ate them all)
She then told me that my bedroom where she sleeps is ‘swarming with flies’ I haven’t seen one fly and it wouldn’t kill her to crack open the window. When I questioned her and said show me the flies she said there was one over there. ALL THIS NOISE OCEF ONE FLY ???
She then calls me and Mr P 3 more times to complain about flies. Mr P told me to ignore her. Dinner time comes around and she asks me what I’m cooking tomorrow - erm I don’t bleeping know yet. She asks for me to get her a drink as I’m eating which I think is rude. If you can get up to demand food you can get up to get yourself a drink can’t you.
She then asks for about 3 things to eat after dinner. Then for me to help her lay down into (my) bed. Then asked me to BRUSH HER bleeping HAIR.

Honestly at this point I could have a breakdown!!!
I think I'd end up smothering her, using YOUR pillow that she is sleeping on

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I think I'd end up smothering her, using YOUR pillow that she is sleeping on
She had a fall not that long ago and banged her head. We had to call the paramedics and I was PRAYING they would take her and she’d end up remaining there. Sadly they were happy for her to to remain with us 😫

• Sad
Reactions: 5
My fella is a Mummy's boy as well. They facetime once a day, phone call every morning and night. She rings him and complains that he hasn't been to visit every day 😂 he has a Mum tattoo. When he says hes going to see her I go 'are you going to get your bitty?' He tells me to piss off
I think you and I may be sharing a man! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She had a fall not that long ago and banged her head. We had to call the paramedics and I was PRAYING they would take her and she’d end up remaining there. Sadly they were happy for her to to remain with us 😫
I think he needs an ultimatum. Either she goes to her house ASAP or you go there alone. Current situation is not fair on you at all and the longer you put up with it the more you will resent them both

Reactions: 14
Time to get out of there and leave the love-bugs to it! Let Mummy's Little Soldier cope with it alone for a while and see how long he lasts as her Sole Servant/Carer.

This is unfair on you and your child so forget THEM and think of you two instead :)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Warning this will be a long post

So I really thought I would be coming online to share some good news with you. Last night I said to Mr P in a very serious tone ‘so your mums stuff is being installed at her house tomorrow. What is the plan after that’
He replied and said he will try and get his cousins to help move her home on Sunday. I was buzzing. Like thank god. This nightmare is ENDING.

Today he tells me that his mum has a hosp appt tomorrow which he will attend with her, and the delivery / installation of the stuff to her house is all day. He tried to call them to get a time and they couldn’t give one. I said okay can you not try and move your mums appt to Monday he said no. I said can you ask your aunt to go to her house (who will be at home doing duck all 10 mins away) and wait for the delivery until you get back. He said no she won’t do it. He said I think they will reschedule. This fucked me right off because the last reschedule was a two week wait. He then said he hasn’t dropped all the forms off to make sure her care is activated ... he’s had them for over a week. So it’s clearly not happening on Sunday but he hasn’t told me that.

Today has been testing to say the least. She has randomly come to my dining room where I work to demand food in the middle of the day (she’d had breakfast and lunch)
She complained that I’d run out of crackers (she ate them all)
She then told me that my bedroom where she sleeps is ‘swarming with flies’ I haven’t seen one fly and it wouldn’t kill her to crack open the window. When I questioned her and said show me the flies she said there was one over there. ALL THIS NOISE OCEF ONE FLY ???
She then calls me and Mr P 3 more times to complain about flies. Mr P told me to ignore her. Dinner time comes around and she asks me what I’m cooking tomorrow - erm I don’t bleeping know yet. She asks for me to get her a drink as I’m eating which I think is rude. If you can get up to demand food you can get up to get yourself a drink can’t you.
She then asks for about 3 things to eat after dinner. Then for me to help her lay down into (my) bed. Then asked me to BRUSH HER bleeping HAIR.

Honestly at this point I could have a breakdown!!!
Oh god what the actual duck. This sounds like a nightmare! You need to go batshit crazy I think. I think you’re being way too nice!!! Can’t your husband see her demands??? Why is he so quiet??? You need to give him an ultimatum. Say you can’t take this anymore, it’s unfair and she has completely taken over your life!!! If he doesn’t want to act on it then pack your things and leave that’s just pure hell. Also flies are normal at this time it’s summer?! They fly in and if you open a window they fly out. This woman sounds insufferable I hope you get rid of her soon

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My MIL was a pain in the arse (no longer with us). She had some MH problems plus I know she'd had some awful experiences so I was very forgiving, but boy did she have some opinions! When I had my first baby she came to the hospital, I was quite shell shocked by the whole birth etc, and she tried to persuade us to change the baby's middle name to something else! This was the day after giving birth! Even at the time, I was llike WTF! You have had LOADS of kids and chosen all their names, you're not choosing mine! Terrible to say, but the day she passed on, I felt a massive sense of relief.

Reactions: 10
Oh god what the actual duck. This sounds like a nightmare! You need to go batshit crazy I think. I think you’re being way too nice!!! Can’t your husband see her demands??? Why is he so quiet??? You need to give him an ultimatum. Say you can’t take this anymore, it’s unfair and she has completely taken over your life!!! If he doesn’t want to act on it then pack your things and leave that’s just pure hell. Also flies are normal at this time it’s summer?! They fly in and if you open a window they fly out. This woman sounds insufferable I hope you get rid of her soon
He has this mentality that we HAVE to look after our parents when they’re older. My take on that is when my mum gets older I will pop in on her a few times a week, make sure she has shopping, call her. Make sure she’s okay.
His take on that is we have to do EVERYTHING they ask of us. No matter how it’s asked. Its expected.
The problem too is that she also EXPECTS to be looked after and has no interest in being independent. So it’s obviously some weird family thing and I didn’t get the memo 🙄🙄

Reactions: 2
He has this mentality that we HAVE to look after our parents when they’re older. My take on that is when my mum gets older I will pop in on her a few times a week, make sure she has shopping, call her. Make sure she’s okay.
His take on that is we have to do EVERYTHING they ask of us. No matter how it’s asked. Its expected.
The problem too is that she also EXPECTS to be looked after and has no interest in being independent. So it’s obviously some weird family thing and I didn’t get the memo 🙄🙄
He can do everything, at her house, either they go there, or you do. And if things go back to 'normal' I suggest you give him a lengthy spell on the sofa!

Reactions: 9
Mine is very demanding of our time. She never used to be like this until her husband passed. Now, if we go for so much as a week without texting her (being busy people), she'll send panicky texts to check we're okay. Yes, it's nice she cares BUT ... well, those who have issues with their MiL will know it's suffocating. When we do visit, we spend hours sitting around talking about other people which really isn't my idea of fun (especially as I don't know most of who she talks about). I'd rather spend my time being more productive.

Reactions: 4
My MIL always makes out no one bothers about her and no one ever calls (which is total lies lol) she complained to my husband that she sent a WhatsApp message that we didn’t reply to and she was very upset by this - she sent individual messages. She said we don’t bother to go to see her and that she was asking us for dinner and we weren’t bothered to reply. She didn’t say any of this in front of me btw, my husband told me the next day. I was so cross I whipped out my WhatsApp message from her - she literally sent it at 17:28 and I replied at 17:32. I was so cross. Sounds pathetic on my part but I actually cannot stand blatant lies

• Wow
Reactions: 8
My MIL got incredibly abusive to me one night while drunk - started off jokingly and turned into full on threats. Her close family are all used to her being a violent hole while drunk (she has pulled knives on them and hit her husband across the head with stuff) and they enable it by just not bringing it up again.

Well the next day I told her without an apology I wouldn't be back in her house ever again - it was like pulling teeth. She honestly couldn't believe it, that I expected her to apologise for her appalling behaviour.

She hates me because she thinks I 'control' her son - what I've actually done is enabled him to stand up to her and not always say or do what she wants.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Okay so bad news - the stuff hasn’t been installed into my mother in laws house today. It has been delayed until next Thursday. Good news is I am really hopeful that she will be moving back home next weekend 🤞🏻
She hasn’t been too bad today. I took her to the hospital today and she complained about food A LOT to the point that Mr Peaches ACTUALLY TOLD HER TO QUIT THE MOANING. He said ‘This whole day has been dedicated to you, getting your breakfast, taking you to the hospital, making your lunch, getting you drinks and hot water bottles, I’m almost sure peaches hasn’t eaten yet and it’s 3pm and you’re still going on’ she’s been radio silent ever since. 🎉🎉

• Angry
Reactions: 24
I think the main issue with mine is she has very little going on in her life (her choice) and looks for things to be offended by, or drama that isn't there. It doesn't help that she lives in her daughter's pocket (who is a scheming, lying, manipulative individual).

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.