Mother in law experiences? Share them! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her house is a bit of a shithole tbh. I can see why she doesn’t want to go back. Years and years of hoarding crap. Mr P had to clear the whole downstairs to make room for her downstairs living but he just shoved it in the rooms upstairs (I woulda got a skip but that’s none of my business 😂)
your whole situation is very sad, does your partners friends know he sleeps with his mum? 😮

Reactions: 5
your whole situation is very sad, does your partners friends know he sleeps with his mum? 😮
He says they do and they all agree that this whole situation is the right thing to do, I’m not convinced though. I don’t think they know the full details tbh

• Sad
  • Wow
He says they do and they all agree that this whole situation is the right thing to do, I’m not convinced though. I don’t think they know the full details tbh
It’s so bizarre that he thinks sleeping with his mum is a normal thing

Reactions: 6
@Peaches_xox you're an absolute saint for sleeping on the couch for so long. There's no way his mates know he sleeps with his Mum. My fellas mates would terror him like no tomorrow if he was sleeping in bed with his Ma, they already skit him enough for having a Mum tattoo

Proper Paul & Gaynor vibes 😂
sam-faiers-boyfriend2.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
What about your son how’s he coping with mum on the sofa and dad in bed with his nan?

Reactions: 3
What about your son how’s he coping with mum on the sofa and dad in bed with his nan?
Little Peaches finds it very bizarre. He often says ‘mummy why you sleeping on the sofa all the timeeeeee’ so I explain that it’s cos nanny’s in my bed. He says ‘shall I sleep on the sofa with you when daddy are nanny in your bed’ but he does go in his own bed. He’s only camped out with me once and it was horrific for me 🤣

The other day we had drama as he was rolling around in the bed where they were. It freaked me out and the bed smells in my personal opinion 🤮 and he had UNIFORM ON so I asked him to get out. Mr Peaches kicked off because I’d asked little to get out and called me head 🙄 sorry I don’t want our son going to school smelling like wee but okay

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Little Peaches finds it very bizarre. He often says ‘mummy why you sleeping on the sofa all the timeeeeee’ so I explain that it’s cos nanny’s in my bed. He says ‘shall I sleep on the sofa with you when daddy are nanny in your bed’ but he does go in his own bed. He’s only camped out with me once and it was horrific for me 🤣

The other day we had drama as he was rolling around in the bed where they were. It freaked me out and the bed smells in my personal opinion 🤮 and he had UNIFORM ON so I asked him to get out. Mr Peaches kicked off because I’d asked little to get out and called me head 🙄 sorry I don’t want our son going to school smelling like wee but okay
OMG You are going to have to replace that mattress! And if I were you, the OH also....

Reactions: 14
OMG You are going to have to replace that mattress! And if I were you, the OH also....
Yes I am deffo replacing the mattress. Sadly I’ve only had it a year so it really winds me up.
As for Mr P I think that’s a long long conversation that needs to happen. We haven’t been getting on since his mums been here and his level of disrespect is outrageous. But step 1 is get her out of my house, at least I can then express my feelings in private. Whenever we argue she calls me to tell me to make up with him because she doesn’t want him to be without me 🙄

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Yes I am deffo replacing the mattress. Sadly I’ve only had it a year so it really winds me up.
As for Mr P I think that’s a long long conversation that needs to happen. We haven’t been getting on since his mums been here and his level of disrespect is outrageous. But step 1 is get her out of my house, at least I can then express my feelings in private. Whenever we argue she calls me to tell me to make up with him because she doesn’t want him to be without me 🙄
It's a crap situation and I feel for you, you are a saint ♥

• Heart
It's a crap situation and I feel for you, you are a saint ♥
Apparently her bars or whatever are being installed Wednesday so hopefully this weekend 🤞🏻 Will be when she’s going home but I’ll keep you all posted xxx

I really feel for you. I’d do the same though - get her out and then sit him down and tell him how tit he’s been!

Reactions: 1

Does she wet the bed too?? If so it’s even more mad your husband is happy to sleep next to her. You are behaving with much more restraint than I could manage though 🤣

Does she wet the bed too?? If so it’s even more mad your husband is happy to sleep next to her. You are behaving with much more restraint than I could manage though 🤣
So she’s not completely incontinent but she deffo leaks as I can always smell wee. And she’s had a few accidents on her way to the toilet. When she first came she was visited by a social worker who offered her incontinence pants and she refused but as time went on she opened up to the idea of at least a tena lady. Problem is she claims she doesn’t know how to put them on so the carer does it in the morning and then I don’t know what happens tbh. But yes my bed smells and he claims it doesn’t!! I’d like to see what happened if I went back to it and told him to take that side though 🤣

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
So she’s not completely incontinent but she deffo leaks as I can always smell wee. And she’s had a few accidents on her way to the toilet. When she first came she was visited by a social worker who offered her incontinence pants and she refused but as time went on she opened up to the idea of at least a tena lady. Problem is she claims she doesn’t know how to put them on so the carer does it in the morning and then I don’t know what happens tbh. But yes my bed smells and he claims it doesn’t!! I’d like to see what happened if I went back to it and told him to take that side though 🤣
The more you update the worse it gets! I really hope it improves for you soon ❤ And I don't buy that all of his friends agree it's normal. I can't imagine any normal male friendship group sitting around the pub (or whatever they like to do) discussing sharing a bed with their mothers and all agreeing it's perfectly normal!!

Reactions: 10
@Peaches_xox do you think it has affected your relationship? I think if it were me and my boyfriend I couldn't be able to forgive him for putting his Mum first and dumping me on the sofa

Reactions: 12
The more you update the worse it gets! I really hope it improves for you soon ❤ And I don't buy that all of his friends agree it's normal. I can't imagine any normal male friendship group sitting around the pub (or whatever they like to do) discussing sharing a bed with their mothers and all agreeing it's perfectly normal!!
It honestly feels like I’m living something out of a film or a soap. The worst part is I feel like I’m so normal and just like a quiet family life. It HAS to get better from here doesn’t it. There’s not one person I’ve spoken too who thinks sharing the bed is normal so I don’t think his friends know for real. I reckon they know she’s at mine and that’s all they know

@watermelon sugar yeah massively. To the point where I don’t know if there will be any return! Thing is I said on my first post that she came to stay ‘briefly’ in 2017 and ended up here for a year and a half (in my bed) we slept on a sofa bed in our sons room as he was a baby at the time in a cot. It was tit and I couldn’t take it and lost it until she went home and said THIS CAN NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN and he apologised for not caring about my feelings yet here we are. (I binned that sofa bed pull out when she was gone, more fool me) At least then though he was struggling with me on the sofa bed. She is very unwell but at the same time not every unwell person moves in with a young family and shakes up their whole family. There are plenty of options but my house is always the only one apparently. I don’t get it personally. My mum would NEVER! xxx

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It honestly feels like I’m living something out of a film or a soap. The worst part is I feel like I’m so normal and just like a quiet family life. It HAS to get better from here doesn’t it. There’s not one person I’ve spoken too who thinks sharing the bed is normal so I don’t think his friends know for real. I reckon they know she’s at mine and that’s all they know
Your MIL sounds incredibly selfish to put you both through this. I would be so ashamed if it was me. Good luck to you! I hope she moves out this weekend. If she’s so infirm is your OH arranging medical transport for her? Does she have a district nurse? If so it would be worth speaking to them to get this arranged or it’ll be another excuse to get staying put.

My boyfriend's family keeps threatening to come over from their country and stay and I'm praying it doesn't happen because there is loads of them and we live in a 2 bedroom flat!! In their culture I would be expected to be an attentive host and I find the idea really draining. Most of the don't even speak English and it is also normal in their culture to stay for at least a few weeks. I'm planning to sneak off to my mums if this happens because I can't cope with the stress of it all!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.