Mother in law experiences? Share them! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like this would be a perfect time to mention that she had a 3 BEDROOM HOUSE and we have a 2 BEDROOM FLAT 10 mins apart but when I mention that if she really needs ‘us’ to help care for her maybe we should all go there but I’m met with the response that it’s her house and she doesn’t want us all there invading. I’m fighting a losing battle 🤦🏽‍♀️ My best bet is to completely lose my tit and say she needs to go but of course that makes me look terrible.
I'm so sorry, you don't deserve to be treated like this. Do you have anywhere else to go and stay for a bit?

Your partner should put you and your son before everyone else. He is also a role model to your son- what is he teaching him about healthy relationships here? That it's fine to kick your OH out of her own bed and force her to sleep on the sofa?

Ask him what his mates think about him sleeping with his mum every night xxx

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I know a couple who insist on being called G-ma & G-pa cause they think they are still young and hip, they are not.😉

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They’re in bed now. Would it freak you all out if I said he sleeps in his boxers next to her too ..cos it’s true 🤮
I can't. You have to be trolling us now. Kick them both out. He's probably there having bitty too by the sounds of it 🤢
That would be a major ICK for me and I don't think there would be anyway back

• Sick
Reactions: 14
So the original plan was, she would stay here for ONE WEEK and then if he felt she still couldn’t be alone he would go to her house with her and pop back to us when he could which suited me fine. We only have the one child and he was just going back to school after the closures so this plan was perfect. It just NEVER happened and when I asked or even mentioned it to his family I was met with the response that it’s best she’s at mine because I have no stairs and an en suite for her to use ... 🤦🏽‍♀️

They’re in bed now. Would it freak you all out if I said he sleeps in his boxers next to her too ..cos it’s true 🤮

In the morning I am going to tell him this can not go on and he needs to find a way for her to go home. Either alone, or he can go with her too.

I will need a new mattress when she’s gone. I can’t go back to sleeping on it can I 🙈
god I really feel for you! Id be livid if I got kicked out my own bed 🤣 hope when you speak to him today it works out how you want it to. This situation can’t go on like it is, surely! It’s not fair on you at all.
I’d also be dumping the mattress too 🤣🤣

My husband's taken the antichrist, oops sorry I mean my 'lovely' MIL to her static caravan. Didn't bother to ask his wife if there was anything I'd like to do for the bank holiday, but when mil clicks her fingers, he jumps as usual :mad:
I hope he's not expecting any dinner whenever he gets back.
Why yes, the last piece of lasagne WAS delicious 😋
Also, yes I AM 'that person' with chips and ketchup.

Attachments

• Haha
Hi Guys!!
Have had a few days off to deal with the tit. Soooo we got into a huge huge argument about it all... I said that I’d absolutely had enough and it was weird that him and his mum shared a bed. I said the only person who thinks it’s normal is YOU. He said I was weird for thinking like that 🤔 He said I was accusing him of incest 🤣 He then was very nasty and I was very nasty back. I did also text his aunt and tell her to take her sister to her house.. She said she would get back to me and didn’t. I am not surprised at all.
Me and Mr P haven’t spoken much since and I am still on the bloody sofa BUT stuff is being installed at her house THIS FRIDAY to enable her for downstairs living. (Bars, hospital bed, all that crap) so by rights she should be moving out this weekend I’d like to think?? Though I have heard her crying saying she doesn’t want to go home so I am not getting my hopes up too much. I am also looking for other places to live all the time incase she doesn’t go home soon. We rent so it would be easy enough for me to move out (although really hard to find what I have currently elsewhere within my budget!!!!)

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Hi Guys!!
Have had a few days off to deal with the tit. Soooo we got into a huge huge argument about it all... I said that I’d absolutely had enough and it was weird that him and his mum shared a bed. I said the only person who thinks it’s normal is YOU. He said I was weird for thinking like that 🤔 He said I was accusing him of incest 🤣 He then was very nasty and I was very nasty back. I did also text his aunt and tell her to take her sister to her house.. She said she would get back to me and didn’t. I am not surprised at all.
Me and Mr P haven’t spoken much since and I am still on the bloody sofa BUT stuff is being installed at her house THIS FRIDAY to enable her for downstairs living. (Bars, hospital bed, all that crap) so by rights she should be moving out this weekend I’d like to think?? Though I have heard her crying saying she doesn’t want to go home so I am not getting my hopes up too much. I am also looking for other places to live all the time incase she doesn’t go home soon. We rent so it would be easy enough for me to move out (although really hard to find what I have currently elsewhere within my budget!!!!)
You really shouldn't be put up with this.

If your hubby is that concerned, he can go live with her!!

Reactions: 14
Hi Guys!!
I think you leaving, all be it temporarily, will give him the shock he needs. Choosing his mother over you is not ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think you leaving, all be it temporarily, will give him the shock he needs. Choosing his mother over you is not ok.
He has it VERY easy with me. I do all the cooking, washing. Cleaning up Etc. Even for her. I even bloody go in to my own bedroom and change the bedsheets every Sunday and I haven’t slept in the bleeping bed. When reminded of this he tells me that nobody asks me to do all of these things, but when I stop he says I’m doing it out of spite so I find it very confusing. He has a way with words that make you feel small and stupid for even bringing it up but I’m not standing for it anymore.
Appreciate his mum is unwell but he makes out like her being here is the ONLY option when it’s not. He could go to her house and pop back to see us. That would be much better.

• Sad
He has it VERY easy with me. I do all the cooking, washing. Cleaning up Etc. Even for her. I even bloody go in to my own bedroom and change the bedsheets every Sunday and I haven’t slept in the bleeping bed. When reminded of this he tells me that nobody asks me to do all of these things, but when I stop he says I’m doing it out of spite so I find it very confusing. He has a way with words that make you feel small and stupid for even bringing it up but I’m not standing for it anymore.
Appreciate his mum is unwell but he makes out like her being here is the ONLY option when it’s not. He could go to her house and pop back to see us. That would be much better.
But he won’t have you doing all the work. Can you go to an air bnb or hotel short term?

Reactions: 2
But he won’t have you doing all the work. Can you go to an air bnb or hotel short term?
I’m actually considering staying at my parents every weekend until she’s gone but it’s not enough 🤣
I haven’t actually considered an air bnb but that does sound like a good peaceful plan!!

• Heart
Do not do anymore of that until the bat from hell is out of there

No offence but I'd dump him too. He doesn't seem to be very supportive to you.

Reactions: 27
You say you work full time and have a child? Yet you sleep on the sofa? Are you out of your mind?

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.