Mother in law experiences? Share them! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely no way, they aren't taking your feelings into account at all here. She's a selfish bat for even expecting to be looked after by a young family. My mum would never dream of acting like this, in fact I don't think many would.

It is actually quite weird that they sleep together though, even if it is innocent which I'm sure it is, he needs to grow the hell up.
Sorry but you sound far too normal for this scenario, I'd be gone x

Reactions: 18
I’m pleased you are thinking of options. This is absolutely NOT normal and you shouldn’t have to put up with this at all. She sounds incredibly selfish. As a poster said above, not many people would consider disrupting a young family like this.

Reactions: 11
Hi Guys!!
Have had a few days off to deal with the tit. Soooo we got into a huge huge argument about it all... I said that I’d absolutely had enough and it was weird that him and his mum shared a bed. I said the only person who thinks it’s normal is YOU. He said I was weird for thinking like that 🤔 He said I was accusing him of incest 🤣 He then was very nasty and I was very nasty back. I did also text his aunt and tell her to take her sister to her house.. She said she would get back to me and didn’t. I am not surprised at all.
Me and Mr P haven’t spoken much since and I am still on the bloody sofa BUT stuff is being installed at her house THIS FRIDAY to enable her for downstairs living. (Bars, hospital bed, all that crap) so by rights she should be moving out this weekend I’d like to think?? Though I have heard her crying saying she doesn’t want to go home so I am not getting my hopes up too much. I am also looking for other places to live all the time incase she doesn’t go home soon. We rent so it would be easy enough for me to move out (although really hard to find what I have currently elsewhere within my budget!!!!)
If you rent, is your landlord OK with extra people being there?

Reactions: 4
It is weird isn’t it!!! It’s not just me?? He could at least camp out on the sofa with me to make me feel like we’re in this together. To make it worse she’s on my side of the bed. I have mentioned that it’s a bit weird but he thinks I’m weird for thinking it’s weird ?!?!
Stories like this make me so glad that I am single.
I was once married to a Mummy's boy.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Stories like this make me so glad that I am single.
I was once married to a Mummy's boy.
Yeah I'm married to a mummy's boy, I can deal with the phone calls and being constantly in touch with each other but this is another level isn't it, sleeping in the same bed 🤯 nuts

Reactions: 14
I'd be out of there and not returning! No f'ing way I'd put up with that. I can't understand why he doesn't go and stay with her at her own house.

It is weird isn’t it!!! It’s not just me?? He could at least camp out on the sofa with me to make me feel like we’re in this together. To make it worse she’s on my side of the bed. I have mentioned that it’s a bit weird but he thinks I’m weird for thinking it’s weird ?!?!
Oh my dear god. You are most definitely NOT weird for thinking it’s weird, because it IS weird. I find actually what is weirder is the fact that your partner isn’t sleeping with you? Like they’ve ousted you out of the scenario? What kind of mother actually does that, sorry but it should be his damn mother on the sofa NOT you!!! Sounds to me like she’s got an unhealthy attachment to her son, and is clinging to him. Very very very weird

Reactions: 13
I dated a guy for a short time in my 20s. He was nice enough but ghosted him after it became apparent he had some weird mummy issues - I saw them in town one day holding hands; another time when he was saying goodbye to her, they kissed on the lips. Weirdo.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Oh my dear god. You are most definitely NOT weird for thinking it’s weird, because it IS weird. I find actually what is weirder is the fact that your partner isn’t sleeping with you? Like they’ve ousted you out of the scenario? What kind of mother actually does that, sorry but it should be his damn mother on the sofa NOT you!!! Sounds to me like she’s got an unhealthy attachment to her son, and is clinging to him. Very very very weird
He sounds like Paul Knightley and his mother, Gaynor; from The Mummy Diaries (Sam Faires).
Can imagine him sharing a bed with his Mum!!

• Haha
Aww love! I feel so bad for you! I thought my boyfriend and his Mum were close 😂 I'd be on the verge of kicking them both out if I were you!
Jeez the pair of them are taking the P Bigtime!
Get shot if the pair of 'em rather than waste your life on this Loser and His Mummy!!!

My ex-MIL was a right old tartar though, she who took great pleasure in pulling me to one side to tell me that he loved her more than me and she was "Just waiting for him to come back to her..............................."
When our first baby was born she would snatch the child from my arms like I was nothing to do with the event whatsoever, it was all about Her Son's Baby you see and stupidly I tolerated it long enough, that is until the day she grabbed the baby from me just as we walked in the door but by then I'd had enough of it! She got told in no uncertain terms which of course upset her precious sunbeam because Mummy could do no wrong EVER in his eyes. Yes she actually got him back a few years later because he couldn't keep it confined to his trousers and I don't play second-fiddle to ugly barmaids anyway - she was bloody furious with him though for what he'd done and she made the old hag's life an utter misery for it too haha :)

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
He sounds like Paul Knightley and his mother, Gaynor; from The Mummy Diaries (Sam Faires).
Can imagine him sharing a bed with his Mum!!
Oh my gosh yes! Whenever I watch mummy diaries and see gaynor and her attachment to Paul and even little Paul I’m like yep .. they’re the same 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sorry if I have posted this before, I know I posted on one of the forums.

Pregnant 5 months with first child, visited in laws for the weekend.
Got catalogues from local travel agent, back in the day.
Picked out a hotel in Spain.
Next day, at work lunchtime just as I was about to book, hubby calls me and says great news.
I said tell me when I get home.
Get home, and he tells me, his mother loves the hotel and they are going to book the same hotel for the same week!
Massive row for the next week.
He saying : why are you upsetting my Mum.
Me saying : why is she upsetting me when I am pregnant.
He saying : It is her birthday and she can only go this week.
Me saying: she is retired and can go anytime!

I visited the midwife on the Friday, hubby asked how it went.
I told a white lie, and said my blood pressure is very high; and she asked if I was stressed!

We heard no more about it after that.
Obviously, I don't recommend lying to your husband; but I felt it was justified.
We had a lovely babymoon, just the 2 of us!

However, we are now divorced; and she has got him back to herself.
He has never met anyone else...says a lot.
I am well out of it!!

I hope I will offer love and support to my future DIL and SIL, but take a step back.

My heart is with you all who have insufferable in-laws.

My SIL was another pain in the arse, but that is another story.....

Reactions: 15
Absolutely no way, they aren't taking your feelings into account at all here. She's a selfish bat for even expecting to be looked after by a young family. My mum would never dream of acting like this, in fact I don't think many would.

It is actually quite weird that they sleep together though, even if it is innocent which I'm sure it is, he needs to grow the hell up.
Sorry but you sound far too normal for this scenario, I'd be gone x
I always think about my own mum, and she is much younger then his but there’s no way she’d put all this on me. What makes it even worse is around Christmas time she stayed here for the night and I could see she wasn’t leaving - I said to her face that she can’t stay for longer. She cried but went. She knows full well I don’t want her here long term but she makes no effort to say it’s time for me to go to my own home now. It’s pathetic. She clings on to her son like he’s her husband and he accepts it and thinks it’s bloody normal!!

Sorry if I have posted this before, I know I posted on one of the forums.

Pregnant 5 months with first child, visited in laws for the weekend.
Got catalogues from local travel agent, back in the day.
Picked out a hotel in Spain.
Next day, at work lunchtime just as I was about to book, hubby calls me and says great news.
I said tell me when I get home.
Get home, and he tells me, his mother loves the hotel and they are going to book the same hotel for the same week!
Massive row for the next week.
He saying : why are you upsetting my Mum.
Me saying : why is she upsetting me when I am pregnant.
He saying : It is her birthday and she can only go this week.
Me saying: she is retired and can go anytime!

I visited the midwife on the Friday, hubby asked how it went.
I told a white lie, and said my blood pressure is very high; and she asked if I was stressed!

We heard no more about it after that.
Obviously, I don't recommend lying to your husband; but I felt it was justified.
We had a lovely babymoon, just the 2 of us!

However, we are now divorced; and she has got him back to herself.
He has never met anyone else...says a lot.
I am well out of it!!

I hope I will offer love and support to my future DIL and SIL, but take a step back.

My heart is with you all who have insufferable in-laws.

My SIL was another pain in the arse, but that is another story.....
I love the blood pressure lie 🤣 you’re so smart.
Tell me about the sister in law!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
What is with these weird overly familiar mother-son relationships 😱😱😱😱

As a boy mum I VOW to never ever ever be like that!
Yep I'm a boy mum too, and whilst I absolutely adore them I would never ever make their partner/wife feel like that.
I've had a couple of bad experiences with my ex's mum and my now husbands mum is unbelievable she also trys to be a mum to my youngest etc she's a right cling on its embarrassing. I feel like telling her to duck off alot of the time but I have to be an adult 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
mil ‘borrowed’ the money from her son to buy us a wedding present, conveniently every $ he had saved. Never paid it back, he asked a few times but she was always just waiting for the rest of her kids to chip in with their share.
One of our kids was born with a congenital lung problem, first thing witch in law said was her family were perfect in every way, must have come from my side. We hardly saw her, she never showed interest in our kids at all, the last time Mr Bizziebody took them to visit her she told them they couldn’t have a drink of fruit juice cause it was for her favourite grandkids who were going to see her the next day, he gave up on her then too. Didn’t even feel the need to visit the witch when she was on her death bed.
I can’t ever imagine being so mean and nasty to our grand kids or now our great grand kid. They are a joy to us.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.