Mother in law experiences? Share them! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s a dick. Honestly. He keeps saying she’s going home soon but soon never comes. I think this is the perfect set up for him. He has his mum here and me to help look after her, whilst he still has the comfort of our home (and our bed whilst he spoons his bleeping mother 🤣)
Ohh also he’s not even my husband. 10 years and he’s never even asked me 🙄 imagine doing all this for somebody who’s not even your Husband 😳
Aww love! I feel so bad for you! I thought my boyfriend and his Mum were close 😂 I'd be on the verge of kicking them both out if I were you!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Ahh you all make me feel so much better ❤ at least I know it’s not in my head that it’s bleeping WEIRD. The whole situation makes me resent her soooo much which is not how I want to feel towards somebody who is very unwell.

The other day Mr P did mention to her that she’d be going home soon.. and within 5 mins of him saying it she fell over ... all seemed a bit suss if you ask me 🤔

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
He’s a dick. Honestly. He keeps saying she’s going home soon but soon never comes. I think this is the perfect set up for him. He has his mum here and me to help look after her, whilst he still has the comfort of our home (and our bed whilst he spoons his bleeping mother 🤣)
Ohh also he’s not even my husband. 10 years and he’s never even asked me 🙄 imagine doing all this for somebody who’s not even your Husband 😳
I'm getting Norman Bates type vibes here.....

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Sounds like he might want to marry her instead. Is it too late to run? ✋

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ohhh this could be the thread for me right now. I’ll start off with a disclaimer that my mother in law is very unwell - and it’s not that I don’t care. It’s just tough but somebody feel free to tell me if I’m a total witch.

Back story, back in 2017 when she was first unwell Mr Peaches asked if she could come and stay for a little while. I said I didn’t want her too but that didn’t matter she was moved in and in my bed and I was in my sons room. Her health improved a lot but a year and a half later she still wasn’t going home (which is 10 mins from us) because she didn’t want to be ‘lonely’ until one day I had absolutely had enough and said it was time for her to go and she did.

Now in 2021 her health has got worse, and Mr Peaches asked if she could stay for a week whilst she was having a weeks worth of treatment. I said as long as it’s only for that week. I can’t go through it again. He promised.

Here we are 3 months later. I’m sleeping on the sofa. Mr Peaches and MIL are sleeping in my bed. She wakes multiple times a night calling out for Mr Peaches to help her to the toilet like he’s not right beside her. She often puts her lunch requests in with me in the morning like I run a cafe. At dinner time she asks for multiple desserts. During the day we have multiple health people coming in and out the house which is very distracting when I have a full time job to do, and the other day she asked me to put the GLUE on her FASLE TEETH which is too far in my opinion.
Mr peaches needs to go stay with her if she’s only 10 mins away, you should not be on the sofa!

Reactions: 15
Ohhh this could be the thread for me right now. I’ll start off with a disclaimer that my mother in law is very unwell - and it’s not that I don’t care. It’s just tough but somebody feel free to tell me if I’m a total witch.

Back story, back in 2017 when she was first unwell Mr Peaches asked if she could come and stay for a little while. I said I didn’t want her too but that didn’t matter she was moved in and in my bed and I was in my sons room. Her health improved a lot but a year and a half later she still wasn’t going home (which is 10 mins from us) because she didn’t want to be ‘lonely’ until one day I had absolutely had enough and said it was time for her to go and she did.

Now in 2021 her health has got worse, and Mr Peaches asked if she could stay for a week whilst she was having a weeks worth of treatment. I said as long as it’s only for that week. I can’t go through it again. He promised.

Here we are 3 months later. I’m sleeping on the sofa. Mr Peaches and MIL are sleeping in my bed. She wakes multiple times a night calling out for Mr Peaches to help her to the toilet like he’s not right beside her. She often puts her lunch requests in with me in the morning like I run a cafe. At dinner time she asks for multiple desserts. During the day we have multiple health people coming in and out the house which is very distracting when I have a full time job to do, and the other day she asked me to put the GLUE on her FASLE TEETH which is too far in my opinion.
I don't mean to cast aspersions on Mr Peaches but it sounds really like he needs to tell his mother to piss off.

I can't believe she's in your bed with him. That's just beyond comprehension

• Heart
Reactions: 14
He's putting her before you and your child. Tell him to tell her to go and refuse to let this situation happen again . Get tough my love.

Reactions: 10
I know it's easier said than done but think you need to ask your partner and his mother to temporarily move back to her house. This is so unfair on you not even thinking of how bloody weird it is they're sharing your bed.

Reactions: 15
I feel like this would be a perfect time to mention that she had a 3 BEDROOM HOUSE and we have a 2 BEDROOM FLAT 10 mins apart but when I mention that if she really needs ‘us’ to help care for her maybe we should all go there but I’m met with the response that it’s her house and she doesn’t want us all there invading. I’m fighting a losing battle 🤦🏽‍♀️ My best bet is to completely lose my tit and say she needs to go but of course that makes me look terrible.
You should set up camp at her house on your own

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So the original plan was, she would stay here for ONE WEEK and then if he felt she still couldn’t be alone he would go to her house with her and pop back to us when he could which suited me fine. We only have the one child and he was just going back to school after the closures so this plan was perfect. It just NEVER happened and when I asked or even mentioned it to his family I was met with the response that it’s best she’s at mine because I have no stairs and an en suite for her to use ... 🤦🏽‍♀️

They’re in bed now. Would it freak you all out if I said he sleeps in his boxers next to her too ..cos it’s true 🤮

In the morning I am going to tell him this can not go on and he needs to find a way for her to go home. Either alone, or he can go with her too.

I will need a new mattress when she’s gone. I can’t go back to sleeping on it can I 🙈

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Ahh you all make me feel so much better ❤ at least I know it’s not in my head that it’s bleeping WEIRD. The whole situation makes me resent her soooo much which is not how I want to feel towards somebody who is very unwell.

The other day Mr P did mention to her that she’d be going home soon.. and within 5 mins of him saying it she fell over ... all seemed a bit suss if you ask me 🤔
I’d be moving myself into her house to get some space. Sorry but that is beyond weird that she’s in your bed!

Ive just read your lasted post, I can’t image what this must be doing to your relationship!

Reactions: 13
So the original plan was, she would stay here for ONE WEEK and then if he felt she still couldn’t be alone he would go to her house with her and pop back to us when he could which suited me fine. We only have the one child and he was just going back to school after the closures so this plan was perfect. It just NEVER happened and when I asked or even mentioned it to his family I was met with the response that it’s best she’s at mine because I have no stairs and an en suite for her to use ... 🤦🏽‍♀️

They’re in bed now. Would it freak you all out if I said he sleeps in his boxers next to her too ..cos it’s true 🤮

In the morning I am going to tell him this can not go on and he needs to find a way for her to go home. Either alone, or he can go with her too.

I will need a new mattress when she’s gone. I can’t go back to sleeping on it can I 🙈
Yeah in all seriousness, he might try to make you feel bad for saying it’s not on but he must realise deep down that sleeping in a bed with his mum every night at his age is inappropriate! Regardless of her health. Stand your ground, you’re willing to help but not have her take over your space and bed forever. It’s time for him to step up and arrange a more permanent solution as this has gone on for long enough.

Reactions: 12
So she’s not keen for you all to stay at her house as it’s “invasive” but she’s happy for you to sleep on the sofa while she sleeps in your bed??? Do I have that right?

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.