Mother in law experiences? Share them! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My MIL was a complete witch to me a couple of weeks ago, my husband hasn't spoken to her at all since. She has just sent this through. I don't think it's enough. I don't want to see her again. She's probably missing the kids but she can duck the duck off.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
My MIL was a complete witch to me a couple of weeks ago, my husband hasn't spoken to her at all since. She has just sent this through. I don't think it's enough. I don't want to see her again. She's probably missing the kids but she can duck the duck off.
If she was sincere, she could have at least picked up the phone to tell you properly.

Reactions: 7
What did she do?

What did she do?
She started leaving snidey comments on fb, other things too but sound pathetic written down 🤣. She also accused me of domestic violence 🤣🤣🤣. Got her other son (who we haven't spoken to in 10 years) to text my husband and ask him if there was anything he wanted to tell him, it would be in strictest confidence, they could help him, he didn't have to suffer in silence. I do EVERYTHING for my husband so I have no idea where they get the idea I am beating him 🤣🤣, he bloody deserves a good throat punch sometimes but I restrain myself 😝.
That son, who is also golden boy, has had a girlfriend for 6 months and she is 'such a lovely girl and part of their wee family', I've been with husband for 15 years, 3 kids and she still doesn't like me 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Oh this thread makes me feel so much better. My in laws hate me. I’m Irish/Jewish (one side is Irish one side is Jewish) and they are Uber conservative middle class Christian, strict about stuff. I’m Uber live and let live, love is love, what people want to do in their relationships and life is their business, not mine too judge or tell them to do different, I’m also very pro Palestine which they can’t get their head round as they support Israel but I’m the one with Jewish family (my dad, I’m not considered Jewish, my mum didn’t convert etc) and they think I’m too liberal and that I’ve corrupted their son. He likes me being who I am and married me because of that, which my mother in law has never gotten over. They are pro Trump and love Boris too.
she’s also rabidly anti vaccine, and a big fan of Wakefield and the Covid pandemic has been like a field day for her because she’s been able to go down loads of conspiracy theory rabbit holes. She firmly blames me for allowing my kids to be vaccinated now that one of my kids has an ADHD/SEN diagnosis and that it must be because of the MMR. She nearly had a kitten when she learned that both my kids have had the HPV vaccine.
I post passive aggressive anti Trump, pro vaccine and pro Palestine stuff on Facebook just to annoy her…
😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ohhh this could be the thread for me right now. I’ll start off with a disclaimer that my mother in law is very unwell - and it’s not that I don’t care. It’s just tough but somebody feel free to tell me if I’m a total witch.

Back story, back in 2017 when she was first unwell Mr Peaches asked if she could come and stay for a little while. I said I didn’t want her too but that didn’t matter she was moved in and in my bed and I was in my sons room. Her health improved a lot but a year and a half later she still wasn’t going home (which is 10 mins from us) because she didn’t want to be ‘lonely’ until one day I had absolutely had enough and said it was time for her to go and she did.

Now in 2021 her health has got worse, and Mr Peaches asked if she could stay for a week whilst she was having a weeks worth of treatment. I said as long as it’s only for that week. I can’t go through it again. He promised.

Here we are 3 months later. I’m sleeping on the sofa. Mr Peaches and MIL are sleeping in my bed. She wakes multiple times a night calling out for Mr Peaches to help her to the toilet like he’s not right beside her. She often puts her lunch requests in with me in the morning like I run a cafe. At dinner time she asks for multiple desserts. During the day we have multiple health people coming in and out the house which is very distracting when I have a full time job to do, and the other day she asked me to put the GLUE on her FASLE TEETH which is too far in my opinion.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Ohhh this could be the thread for me right now. I’ll start off with a disclaimer that my mother in law is very unwell - and it’s not that I don’t care. It’s just tough but somebody feel free to tell me if I’m a total witch.

Back story, back in 2017 when she was first unwell Mr Peaches asked if she could come and stay for a little while. I said I didn’t want her too but that didn’t matter she was moved in and in my bed and I was in my sons room. Her health improved a lot but a year and a half later she still wasn’t going home (which is 10 mins from us) because she didn’t want to be ‘lonely’ until one day I had absolutely had enough and said it was time for her to go and she did.

Now in 2021 her health has got worse, and Mr Peaches asked if she could stay for a week whilst she was having a weeks worth of treatment. I said as long as it’s only for that week. I can’t go through it again. He promised.

Here we are 3 months later. I’m sleeping on the sofa. Mr Peaches and MIL are sleeping in my bed. She wakes multiple times a night calling out for Mr Peaches to help her to the toilet like he’s not right beside her. She often puts her lunch requests in with me in the morning like I run a cafe. At dinner time she asks for multiple desserts. During the day we have multiple health people coming in and out the house which is very distracting when I have a full time job to do, and the other day she asked me to put the GLUE on her FASLE TEETH which is too far in my opinion.
I can’t believe she’s taken over your bed!! It must be so hard if she’s very ill but that really is overstepping the line

Reactions: 13

Sorry your husband is sharing a bed with this mother rather than his wife??? Don’t mean to be a witch, but that’s a bit bloody weird isn’t it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Sorry your husband is sharing a bed with this mother rather than his wife??? Don’t mean to be a witch, but that’s a bit bloody weird isn’t it 🤣
It is weird isn’t it!!! It’s not just me?? He could at least camp out on the sofa with me to make me feel like we’re in this together. To make it worse she’s on my side of the bed. I have mentioned that it’s a bit weird but he thinks I’m weird for thinking it’s weird ?!?!

• Wow
Reactions: 18
It is weird isn’t it!!! It’s not just me?? He could at least camp out on the sofa with me to make me feel like we’re in this together. To make it worse she’s on my side of the bed. I have mentioned that it’s a bit weird but he thinks I’m weird for thinking it’s weird ?!?!
I can't believe you're on the couch 😱 no wonder you're annoyed!

Reactions: 16
I can’t believe she’s taken over your bed!! It must be so hard if she’s very ill but that really is overstepping the line
It is isn’t it. Especially for a long period of time, and she is unwell but all the social workers / care people have said if she was to go home she would get multiple carers a day. Be looked after. Or a care home is an option. So it’s not like I don’t want her looked after .... I just want my bloody bed

• Sad
Reactions: 11
It’s a bit Norman bates for me. Appreciate she’s ill and it must be awful, surely she can have a single bed downstairs or somewhere else? Even if you were in the bed with her, rather than your hubby, it wouldn’t be as weird.

Reactions: 15
It’s defo weird! Being in your home for that long is intrusive enough but in your bed! On your side!!

I don’t know if I’d have the self control not to pack her bags for her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It’s a bit Norman bates for me. Appreciate she’s ill and it must be awful, surely she can have a single bed downstairs or somewhere else? Even if you were in the bed with her, rather than your hubby, it wouldn’t be as weird.
I feel like this would be a perfect time to mention that she had a 3 BEDROOM HOUSE and we have a 2 BEDROOM FLAT 10 mins apart but when I mention that if she really needs ‘us’ to help care for her maybe we should all go there but I’m met with the response that it’s her house and she doesn’t want us all there invading. I’m fighting a losing battle 🤦🏽‍♀️ My best bet is to completely lose my tit and say she needs to go but of course that makes me look terrible.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I feel like this would be a perfect time to mention that she had a 3 BEDROOM HOUSE and we have a 2 BEDROOM FLAT 10 mins apart but when I mention that if she really needs ‘us’ to help care for her maybe we should all go there but I’m met with the response that it’s her house and she doesn’t want us all there invading. I’m fighting a losing battle 🤦🏽‍♀️ My best bet is to completely lose my tit and say she needs to go but of course that makes me look terrible.
That's crazy. There's more room for all of you to have a bed at her house! What does your husband say?

Reactions: 4
Say you’re moving into the house without all of them if something doesn’t change! It doesn’t make any practical sense for you to all be squashed in a two bed flat when there’s a 3 bed house dormant.

Reactions: 16
That's crazy. There's more room for all of you to have a bed at her house! What does your husband say?
He’s a dick. Honestly. He keeps saying she’s going home soon but soon never comes. I think this is the perfect set up for him. He has his mum here and me to help look after her, whilst he still has the comfort of our home (and our bed whilst he spoons his bleeping mother 🤣)
Ohh also he’s not even my husband. 10 years and he’s never even asked me 🙄 imagine doing all this for somebody who’s not even your Husband 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 14

Kick the old bleeping bag out i say

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.