Mother in law experiences? Share them! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine keeps buying the same bleeping clothes as me then sending me pics on whatsapp proud as punch as if I'm gonna be happy she's turning into my clone
Same here! Same perfume same clothes!! I'll change shampoo and shel come round and next thing you know it's in the side at hers. My partner bought me earrings and a bracelet and she went and got the exact same! It's beyond weird.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Oh god don’t get me started on the bargain bucket b&m treats! 😳😳😳😳😳I feel your pain!
Same as you, if she has my dog for the night or a few hours I can guarantee he always comes back with a dodgy stomach, poor thing. Xx
Oh god absolutely. A few years ago we went to MILs at Christmas. She fed the dog so much turkey that he was ill for days and was up all night with a gurgling stomach. He was soooo unsettled, shifting around the bedroom and on/off the bed as he on Islamic felt uncomfortable.
She acts the dog is a baby. If she comes over all she will do is talk about the dog and give him fuss. Cringes the duck out of me.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Mine keeps buying the same bleeping clothes as me then sending me pics on whatsapp proud as punch as if I'm gonna be happy she's turning into my clone
Not my MIL but my own mum does this to me!! There must be about 5 tops, 2 dresses and recently a jacket! I said to her if we ever went out together I'd have to text her first and check what she is wearing 🙄
My husband bought me perfume for Christmas so she went and bought the same one

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Same here! Same perfume same clothes!! I'll change shampoo and shel come round and next thing you know it's in the side at hers. My partner bought me earrings and a bracelet and she went and got the exact same! It's beyond weird.
Single white female alert 🚨

Reactions: 5
Other half hasn’t heard from his mum since Mother’s Day.... even then we popped stuff round and she didn’t even come to the door just sat in the living room playing games on her laptop... no thankyou nothing.
Only time he hears is when he contacts her, there’s no meet in the middle. No contact even over Easter- randomly this Saturday and amazon parcel turned up addressed to our 2 girls (9 and 5) with a box of Cadbury’s hero’s in.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
My mother in law doesn't bother with my daughter but bothers with my other half's son who lives miles away and her daughters kids.
She says her daughter has no one that's why she has to focus all her time on her daughters kids. I bleeping ate her.
I don't want nothing from her but to arrange plans and not invite my daughter for example she booked a caravan with my other half's son without even telling us even though we struggle to see him!!! She said it was ' miss communication' govshite.
I actually don't want to ever see her again.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Other half hasn’t heard from his mum since Mother’s Day.... even then we popped stuff round and she didn’t even come to the door just sat in the living room playing games on her laptop... no thankyou nothing.
Only time he hears is when he contacts her, there’s no meet in the middle. No contact even over Easter- randomly this Saturday and amazon parcel turned up addressed to our 2 girls (9 and 5) with a box of Cadbury’s hero’s in.
This sounds like my mum. I had a baby, her first grandchild last year and she still doesn’t bother to make an effort. I texted her weeks ago with lockdown easing she’s welcome to come round and see her so let me know when. And I’ve heard nothing! My MIL in comparison is wonderful, I talk to her more than my own mum. She’s practically perfect compared to some of the stories on here 😳

Reactions: 5
My Mil keeps calling my 8 week old daughter the wrong name, she says it’s a hard name to remember/pronounce, it’s not!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
My Mil keeps calling my 8 week old daughter the wrong name, she says it’s a hard name to remember/pronounce, it’s not!
Call her by another name for grandma that they less prefer eg granny or nana or whichever she likes least.

That reminded me , when my husband and I had or first child together, my inlaws chose funky terms for grandparents for themselves and would write it on cards they sent. When baby started talking they called them more traditional terms , but inlaws still write the other terms on cards.
For our youngest , they write what out older one called them

Reactions: 3
That reminded me , when my husband and I had or first child together, my inlaws chose funky terms for grandparents for themselves and would write it on cards they sent. When baby started talking they called them more traditional terms , but inlaws still write the other terms on cards.
For our youngest , they write what out older one called them
My FIL said he wanted to be called G-Dad because "he was too young to be a Grandad" 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Yay my sister in law is finally preggers so we won’t see mother in law for dust now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This might be a bit of an essay....
My mother in law treats my partner like he's a baby, and still calls him "my baby"
Told me to pull my finger out when i was unable to do any housework due to hyperemesis,(couldnt even keep sips of water down) losing 3 stone in weight and having to be hospitalised on a drip as her son shouldn't have to do the housework.
Favours her daughters children massively over mine and didn't even get my own children (from a previous relationship) a selection box at xmas but said we had to get his sisters kids presents or they will be so upset (this one caused a huge argument with my partner as he defended her, then said she had bought them something well I'm still waiting to see that)
Constantly said the area i live in is disgusting/rough calls it the bronx, well one day i snapped and said how rude it was and she turned the waterworks on and my partner didn't speak to me for days as i was "out of order"
When she is nice it is so insincere, but my partner doesn't see any of it thinks shes the best thing since sliced bread, the good thing is when she comes round it's literally for an hour and then she's gone

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I count myself lucky to have a really great relationship with my MIL, I class her as a second mum and we do a lot together. My problems are more so with his money hungry auntie and uncle, we stupidly decided to rent from them a couple years ago to ‘help us out’ before we bought a house. Queue a whole load of problems and multiple rent increases, before putting the house on the market and forcing us out so they can profit from the current housing market. Family hey 😅

What is it with mothers and their sons?? I don’t have children but I like to think I wouldn’t be so batshit crazy if I did!!

Reactions: 8
My in laws moved to cyprus before I met my husband so it's mostly facetime. Been over a few times but luckily she doesn't like flying so we don't get visits. MiL isn't too bad but Fil is a bragger and boaster. Always smug and pleased with himself. She just smiles, nods, never has an opinion and will just sit there knocking back lots of wine.
Thank Jesus Mr horseshoes is nothing like them character and personality wise.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.