Mother in law experiences? Share them! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My MIL has a photo album with pictures of her son and ex girlfriends in.

I don't want lockdown to end because I don't want to see my MIL again 😂
I haven't seen mine in over a year. Pardon my French, but it's been bleeping fabulous!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Haha I’m nervous seeing mine after lockdown because we got married 6 months ago and we had a big blow up the day after the wedding and we haven’t seen each other since 😂
Omg I feel for you! I know we have to see her because of the kids but honestly, this past year not seeing her as been amazing.

I do hate to sound nasty but she is just not a nice woman and I don't like my kids around her either.
But she is the grandparent so I have to tolerate it.

Reactions: 5
Hub: Do you want to come with me to the MIL’s?
Me: Noooooo

🤣🤣🤣🤣

She is quite the opposite of stories I’ve read here. Nice to me but awful to the hubs when I’m not there. Very critical and puts him down a lot. Always moaning and complaining about a decision he’s made or something to do with work. He is a grown man. When I am there she is nice as pie and couldn’t be more welcoming 😂 other half swears that she is mean to him when I’m not there. I’ve never seen it properly but I’ve seen glimpses. Think shes nuts. Lol.

• Sad
My mother in law comments on everyone's weight it makes me so uncomfortable, my husband is 14st only has a few stone to lose but so far has dropped 2 jean sizes and was so proud of himself and she says they must be stretchy jeans 😡 her daughter is expecting and the baby was measuring a week or 2 ahead and she told her she needs to cut back on the food. What is wrong with this woman

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
My mother in law comments on everyone's weight it makes me so uncomfortable, my husband is 14st only has a few stone to lose but so far has dropped 2 jean sizes and was so proud of himself and she says they must be stretchy jeans 😡 her daughter is expecting and the baby was measuring a week or 2 ahead and she told her she needs to cut back on the food. What is wrong with this woman
Haha, my MIL is the same: She has her sink in front of a window and still handwashes dishes so is basically watching all the time on the street. When there is a overweight person passing she is like: Again a fatty comes along.
She sees them from far away and takes some pleasure to point them out. She is slim and very fit considering her age but basically only eats a spoon of quark ever day.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
That’s so unfair. Sounds like he’s doing a fab job of losing weight

I think that these MILs need to be told the first time that they’re out of order otherwise they just seem to keep doing it!!

Reactions: 4
Mine was like that too. She became completely obsessed with my size when I was pregnant on my first baby. I actually somehow managed to gain no weight at all even with a growing bump but once my bump outgrew her stomach she was delighted I was bigger than her. I was getting into the car outside her house one day & she shouted to a friend 4 doors down that I had a fat belly. Only my MIL could actually make a pregnant person feel self conscious. She was also disgusted that my belly was flat as a pancake within 2 days of giving birth. I haven’t seen her for 10 years & i have gone up 2 clothes sizes since, I can already see her eyes looking me up & down if we were to meet

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
She’s a prick

Reactions: 4
I never met my mum in law, she passed when my husband was young, but from what I know of her, she didn’t take no crap, nor do I. My mother however is the mother of all mother in law’s from hell, she actually hit my sister in law and my brother sided with his mummy like the spineless little arse that he is. I love my son in law, him and my daughter just welcomed two beautiful babies and he’s a marvellous dad and partner. I will be sure that once my sons settle down then we’ll welcome them and love them too. My Irish gt grandma used to say a daughter is a daughter for life, a son is yours until he finds a wife.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
My MIL drives me bleeping mad with my dogs! She constantly gives them way too many treats, even after we tell her no, and then she starts commenting on their weight, saying the puppy is way too skinny and the older dog is ‘very big’, for perspective he’s 6kg. I feed my dogs the exact same thing every day, the puppy is just from a different mum so different genes 😩 anyway that’s ALL she bleeping talks about when I go over so I snapped last week and said their both perfectly fine stop talking about it and she got on the defense saying she’s ‘just saying and doesn’t mean it like that’ I didn’t respond and said we’re going. It just gives me the fear as if we ever have kids and she ever says anything negative about them or towards them I think il deck her 🤣🤣 it makes me so sad that I don’t have a relationship with her and my mum has a terminal illness and is nearing the end it’s very hard having no mother figure in my life but the way she acts towards me is so cold makes me less tolerant of her

• Heart
My Irish gt grandma used to say a daughter is a daughter for life, a son is yours until he finds a wife.
I've heard that one before "Your daughter's your daughter all her life, but your son is your son til he takes a wife"

Shame no one ever told my MIL.

Or her son :mad:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I never met my mum in law, she passed when my husband was young, but from what I know of her, she didn’t take no crap, nor do I. My mother however is the mother of all mother in law’s from hell, she actually hit my sister in law and my brother sided with his mummy like the spineless little arse that he is. I love my son in law, him and my daughter just welcomed two beautiful babies and he’s a marvellous dad and partner. I will be sure that once my sons settle down then we’ll welcome them and love them too. My Irish gt grandma used to say a daughter is a daughter for life, a son is yours until he finds a wife.
Whaaaat why did she hit her x

My MIL was commenting in a mean way on her other daughter in law that her breasts are tiny like "plums". So I could imagine she would call mine "melons"... But not in a good way😂😂 If I didn't learn not to trust her until then I knew by then at least.

Reactions: 1
My MIL drives me bleeping mad with my dogs! She constantly gives them way too many treats, even after we tell her no, and then she starts commenting on their weight, saying the puppy is way too skinny and the older dog is ‘very big’, for perspective he’s 6kg. I feed my dogs the exact same thing every day, the puppy is just from a different mum so different genes 😩 anyway that’s ALL she bleeping talks about when I go over so I snapped last week and said their both perfectly fine stop talking about it and she got on the defense saying she’s ‘just saying and doesn’t mean it like that’ I didn’t respond and said we’re going. It just gives me the fear as if we ever have kids and she ever says anything negative about them or towards them I think il deck her 🤣🤣 it makes me so sad that I don’t have a relationship with her and my mum has a terminal illness and is nearing the end it’s very hard having no mother figure in my life but the way she acts towards me is so cold makes me less tolerant of her
Omg mine is the same- she’s obsessed with our dog- it’s the only topic of conversation with her. When we told her we were expecting a little boy her reaction was ‘hows (dogs name?!)’ she isn’t interested in her soon to be grandchild, it’s all about the dog. It’s the only time she texts or wants to see us is because of the dog. And she constantly gives him treats! He’s not supposed to have grains in his diet yet she’s insists on giving him anything and everything!
And what annoys me is that we have a crate for our dog, we never ever close it, it’s just like his little den in the house- we put a blanket over it, and he has his cushion in there and he always goes into it when he’s tired or wants some quiet time. But if ever she’s seen him in his crate she goes mental! It’s like she sees it as punishment for him!! As though we shouldn’t have it! But if we got rid of it, it would be like getting rid of his bed. No matter how many times we tell her he loves it in there, it’s his sanctuary -she still thinks we are being cruel with him. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
But she never used to like dogs before we got him and now she’s like the fuckin oracle on dogs! Does my head in.
I honestly think if I said I was pregnant and expecting a dog instead of a human she would have been more excited.
Even my partner thinks she’s weird AF about the dog!!

• Haha
Omg mine is the same- she’s obsessed with our dog- it’s the only topic of conversation with her. When we told her we were expecting a little boy her reaction was ‘hows (dogs name?!)’ she isn’t interested in her soon to be grandchild, it’s all about the dog. It’s the only time she texts or wants to see us is because of the dog. And she constantly gives him treats! He’s not supposed to have grains in his diet yet she’s insists on giving him anything and everything!
And what annoys me is that we have a crate for our dog, we never ever close it, it’s just like his little den in the house- we put a blanket over it, and he has his cushion in there and he always goes into it when he’s tired or wants some quiet time. But if ever she’s seen him in his crate she goes mental! It’s like she sees it as punishment for him!! As though we shouldn’t have it! But if we got rid of it, it would be like getting rid of his bed. No matter how many times we tell her he loves it in there, it’s his sanctuary -she still thinks we are being cruel with him. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
But she never used to like dogs before we got him and now she’s like the fuckin oracle on dogs! Does my head in.
I honestly think if I said I was pregnant and expecting a dog instead of a human she would have been more excited.
Even my partner thinks she’s weird AF about the dog!!
You are literally telling my story! My MIL has never even had a bleeping dog and likes to tell me how to look after them🙄🙄 same with grain free and she just buys whatever is in the bargain bucket in b&m and gives my older dog the shits for a week after 🙄🙄🙄 hopefully she won’t switch and be telling you how to look after your bubs! That would send me over the edge!

• Heart
Mine keeps buying the same bleeping clothes as me then sending me pics on whatsapp proud as punch as if I'm gonna be happy she's turning into my clone

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Mine keeps buying the same bleeping clothes as me then sending me pics on whatsapp proud as punch as if I'm gonna be happy she's turning into my clone
That's the weirdest thing ever!! Why would you wanna dress/look like your sons girlfriend 😂😅

• Haha
Sorry but this made me 😅😅😅 I’ve had this with my SIL but not my MIL 😂 i imagine that is very weird 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
You are literally telling my story! My MIL has never even had a bleeping dog and likes to tell me how to look after them🙄🙄 same with grain free and she just buys whatever is in the bargain bucket in b&m and gives my older dog the shits for a week after 🙄🙄🙄 hopefully she won’t switch and be telling you how to look after your bubs! That would send me over the edge!
Oh god don’t get me started on the bargain bucket b&m treats! 😳😳😳😳😳I feel your pain!
Same as you, if she has my dog for the night or a few hours I can guarantee he always comes back with a dodgy stomach, poor thing. Xx

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.