Most pain you've ever been in?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bit through my tongue ( I was about 10) bizarrely that actually wasn't painful. The painful part was having it stitched back together. They had to inject my tongue up the sides to numb it. Omg I can still remember it.Just awful. Got home and the stitches burst so had to have it done again! I've had 4 children and swear that wasn't as bad! After pains were horrendous with my 4th though.
My son bit through his tongue when he was 2, luckily he didn't need stitches but it bled so much. The smell from all the blood was horrible. And eating was tough for a few days.

My worst pain was a ruptured disc that pushed on my nerve. It got so bad that I lost bladder control (couldn't go pee anymore). Went to the ER and and they kept me and did surgery the next day. The pain was so bad that at one point I thought maybe if I would take all the pills in the house I could go to sleep and never wake up. I have never had suicidal thoughts before that or after.

I have grade 4 endometriosis and have been offered a hysterectomy. I used to get severe jabbing pains where I suspect my ovaries are. It's stopped hurting as much but I still absolutely dread having a period in case I get the pain again. Bending over seems to trigger it. I'm still unsure about having the hysterectomy 🤔
Having the hysterectomy was the best health decision I’ve ever made but it took me four months to mentally come to terms with the decision ( a bit of a drama llama😁) and I cancelled the first date I was given, through fear of the pain of recovery I think and the sudden onset of a surgical menopause .

I was lucky in that I’d completed our family and my children were secondary school age , I had it aged 42 but I recovered very well and felt terrific, best thing ever!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Gallstone attack whilst having pancreatitis. Labour being a close second, nothing quite like feeling your foof tear 🤢

have you got endometriosis? Sounds a lot like it. Hope you feel more comfortable soon 💕
I think I do! All signs point to it and it runs in the family but getting a diagnosis is a nightmare

I think I do! All signs point to it and it runs in the family but getting a diagnosis is a nightmare
I had my surgery 9 years ago and at that time the endo could only be diagnosed through surgery, I had a Laparoscopy which confirmed it, I’m not sure if there have been advances in diagnosis but keep pushing for answers.

I had my surgery 9 years ago and at that time the endo could only be diagnosed through surgery, I had a Laparoscopy which confirmed it, I’m not sure if there have been advances in diagnosis but keep pushing for answers.
Yep it can still only be diagnosed through lap surgery, which with how stretched the NHS is they’re obviously dubious to give me surgery. I’m soooo fed up but I’m going to keep pushing 😢

Sepsis after c section. Presented as similar to labour pains but as I was not in a hospital, there were no drugs available.

Infected gallbladder I’d rather give birth at least I know the pain would end

Getting my ear syringed. Oh my Christ.

Worse than labour pains and c section.
Oh my god I’m due to get mine done tomorrow I’m traumatised I think I’ll just stay deaf

I have a severe allergy to peanuts and have experienced anaphylactic shock a couple of times. I looked like a puffer fish and could barely breath as my tonsils were so swollen.

With my daughter I had an episiotomy. The second day stitches all came open and it was a deep and quite a big open wound. Went doctors and she even said it’s one of the worst she seen. Couldn’t do anything about it though hospital refused to restitch due to risk of infection so I had to let it heal on it’s own. I could hardly get around as when I walked the pain was awful, going for a wee was a nightmare the sting 😬 and sitting on my bum was impossible. I missed out bonding properly with my daughter for them first few weeks as I felt really sad as well. Took around a month for the pain to go
I had this happen to me too. Was horrible. Worse than the labour.

Reactions: 2
During chemo I develop quite serious mucositis which is an inflammation of the mucuous membranes, I had ulcers in my mouth, throat, all through my digestive tract and in my bum. The pain was horrific.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Broke my coccyx. Still not right 4 years later. I've given birth a home with no pain relief, I also had another birth with a manual removal of placenta, neither are close to the pain of my coccyx. Slipped on wet grass running after my son. I couldn't even get up afterwards and walk. I spent the afternoon with a jubbly ice lolly stuck down my arse crack.

Getting my ear syringed. Oh my Christ.

Worse than labour pains and c section.
Omg. I must be so weird but I actually like it! The feeling of being able to hear afterwards too 😍

During chemo I develop quite serious mucositis which is an inflammation of the mucuous membranes, I had ulcers in my mouth, throat, all through my digestive tract and in my bum. The pain was horrific.
my son had this... it’s awful.😞

Hope you are doing better now

I managed to trap a nerve between my neck and the top of my right shoulder. The pain was so bad that there were times when I sobbed like a baby. I've had four kids, three over 9lbs, and I'd rather go through childbirth again.

Emotional or physical?

Emotional was the time my daughter was diagnosed with cancer she was 10 at the time, luckily it turned out to be a misdiagnosis but the pain at the time was horrific!

Physical probably when I touch my index finger, it’s the worst pain ever and nobody knows why :(
The same thing happened to me with my five year old. It was only a few days before we found out it wasn't cancer after all but it was like entering some sort of twilight zone. We felt zoned out yet on high alert for months after.
I still think about all the others whose diagnoses were correct and who had to live through that pain for months or maybe years.