Most pain you've ever been in?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gallstones without a shadow of a doubt.
I've given birth 3 times and been sterilised and none of those even come close.
Had dry socket in a tooth that was pulled and that was pretty awful actually.

I was trying to think of the most physical pain I’ve been in aside from birth/recovering from birth/miscarriage. I’ve never broken a bone or had an operation etc so nothing obvious came to mind, until I remembered my horrifically painful periods. I can cope with them these days but as a teen the cramps were so bad I wanted to scream. I never got this checked out because I thought it was normal

Just realised all of the extreme physical pain I’ve ever been in is related to being female. Women do go through a lot
Same here. I remember some awful ones when I was at uni, I was balled up on the bed writhing in agony.

but most pain has to be the entrance of child no2. My son ripped my from bow to stern, with his frigging enormous head (I still give his giant head dirty looks sometimes!) I needed emergency surgery afterwards and physio to recover. Pain was awful, I couldn’t move without being in agony, couldn’t get up or down. It still hurts occasionally not (he is 4.5) And I had to then have a section for no3 as they said it was too high risk to go again, and that wasn’t half as bad.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Warning: might be distressing! Being at home and having labour like pains at almost 20 weeks pregnant, going to hospital having a scan them telling me I was fine and to go home. Get home start bleeding and then passing what was a tiny but formed foot and leg of baby. Get to hospital having lost the baby and afterwards having medical management which resulted in extreme bleeding, they realised too late it was too much at the point of transfusion they rushed me to emergency theatre, they had to try and stop the bleeding after working for hours to speed it up to allow the rest to pass. Rushed to emergency theatre for surgical management after another 12 hours. Then them advising we needed an investigation / post mortem and asking if we wanted to know sex of baby which we said no but they told us he was a little boy anyways. He had limb body wall complex where the limbs attach to the wall of the womb and then detach. Some of his organs were outside of his body so they said he was not viable for life 😇
Other than this, toothache I cant cope with it in any way shape or form!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
When my husband accidentally dropped a massive paving slab on my big toe. Hurt more than labour with no pain relief!

Reactions: 1
Warning: might be distressing! Being at home and having labour like pains at almost 20 weeks pregnant, going to hospital having a scan them telling me I was fine and to go home. Get home start bleeding and then passing what was a tiny but formed foot and leg of baby. Get to hospital having lost the baby and afterwards having medical management which resulted in extreme bleeding, they realised too late it was too much at the point of transfusion they rushed me to emergency theatre, they had to try and stop the bleeding after working for hours to speed it up to allow the rest to pass. Rushed to emergency theatre for surgical management after another 12 hours. Then them advising we needed an investigation / post mortem and asking if we wanted to know sex of baby which we said no but they told us he was a little boy anyways. He had limb body wall complex where the limbs attach to the wall of the womb and then detach. Some of his organs were outside of his body so they said he was not viable for life 😇
Other than this, toothache I cant cope with it in any way shape or form!
I'm so sorry x

• Heart
Gallstones. At first I thought it was really bad heartburn and would joke I was having sympathy pains as my mum has an impacted gallbladder. The pain was awful, would spread across my chest into my back and I’d be throwing up.
Had my gallbladder removed although I now have severe IBS
Oh my goodness
This!
I know what you mean
I woke during the night with what I thought at the time heart attack!!
I shouted at my partner to wake up and call ambulance the burning pain was out of this world!
Then I was sick
Then it went
Then the next night it happened again being sick and literally pacing because the pain was just like I said out of this world
Following day I was in fatal position allday only way I could ease pain and then my hands starting lifting by themselves and vision blurry so my mother in law rang 999 and I was taking to hospital straight away on gas and air
Then was asked for a urine sample and it was bright red so passing blood
Turns out I had massive Gaul stones and pancreatitis both at the same time and doctors said having one of these problems is unbearable let alone two!
My god it was horrific
They then gave me morphine for the pain on a drip so I pushed a button for a shot every time
Turns out I did so much I had a real bad time being on morphine I didn’t feel like me
I remember coming off the cafeta and snoozing then having the feeling of needing a wee so went to get up and I couldn’t feel my legs it was as tho they were not attached to me!
I then had a massive panic attack where I starting saying my good byes as I generally thought I was going to die
My mum was holding my hand whilst they did ecg and tests etc and I just kept saying tell my girls I love them I’m going to die in a minute
Obviously it was a horrific panic attack but at the time I didn’t know this
So I will never ever have morphine again
I even put when asked on medical forms what your allergic too etc and I always say morphine
Never would I want to feel like that again
Gaul bladder out now but my tummy sometimes can’t handle what I eat

I'm quite lucky in the sense that I've not been through childbirth and I've not broken any bones other than my toe, so I would have to say that, the pain that shot through my body if I moved it the wrong way would make me yelp involuntarily 😫
I quite enjoy childbirth 🤷‍♀️ Second one I had with no pain relief

• Wow
Oh my goodness
This!
I know what you mean
I woke during the night with what I thought at the time heart attack!!
I shouted at my partner to wake up and call ambulance the burning pain was out of this world!
Then I was sick
Then it went
Then the next night it happened again being sick and literally pacing because the pain was just like I said out of this world
Following day I was in fatal position allday only way I could ease pain and then my hands starting lifting by themselves and vision blurry so my mother in law rang 999 and I was taking to hospital straight away on gas and air
Then was asked for a urine sample and it was bright red so passing blood
Turns out I had massive Gaul stones and pancreatitis both at the same time and doctors said having one of these problems is unbearable let alone two!
My god it was horrific
They then gave me morphine for the pain on a drip so I pushed a button for a shot every time
Turns out I did so much I had a real bad time being on morphine I didn’t feel like me
I remember coming off the cafeta and snoozing then having the feeling of needing a wee so went to get up and I couldn’t feel my legs it was as tho they were not attached to me!
I then had a massive panic attack where I starting saying my good byes as I generally thought I was going to die
My mum was holding my hand whilst they did ecg and tests etc and I just kept saying tell my girls I love them I’m going to die in a minute
Obviously it was a horrific panic attack but at the time I didn’t know this
So I will never ever have morphine again
I even put when asked on medical forms what your allergic too etc and I always say morphine
Never would I want to feel like that again
Gaul bladder out now but my tummy sometimes can’t handle what I eat
It’s horrible! I hate going to the doctors/hospital so didn’t get it diagnosed for ages. Would take gaviscon thinking it was heart burn then be sick. Even now I can’t stand the smell of it 🤢

I just assumed everyone would say childbirth if they'd been through it so I hope I never get a) a migraine or b) gallstones! Just the obvious childbirth x 2 for me.

I've had a tooth out that was cracked so the top part broke off, then the dentist didn't really have anything to grip onto so just had to kind of dig the rest out, piece by piece - it took about an hour and a half. Obviously I'd had a local anisthetic but it was pretty unpleasant and extremely sore for the next two weeks. Root canal twice wasn't nearly as bad as everyone makes out, apart from aching mouth because it takes ages!

I'm so sorry for those of you who have suffered the loss of a child, my heart goes out to all of you for your truely unbearable pain.

Meningitis headaches are utterly the worst pain ever. You literally can not see, move or breath.

Impacted wisdom tooth removal. Would take child birth over that any day!
I gave birth to my third a few weeks ago with no pain relief and I need to have my impacted wisdom tooth removed in the next few weeks.

seriously worried about the pain now!

I gave birth to my third a few weeks ago with no pain relief and I need to have my impacted wisdom tooth removed in the next few weeks.

seriously worried about the pain now!
Well my 2nd child birth was quick. I went from 1-10 in 2 hours. I had gas and air for last 15 mins and it was painful but then it was over. With my wisdom tooth my jaw froze so I could barely open my mouth for two weeks and had to keep forcing it open and I couldn’t keep on top of the pain for the first 3 days so I think it was more the length of time I was in pain for. Child birth was quick and I got a baby :) on the other hand since then I’ve had no issues whatsoever with my tooth extraction, I do still have a four year old with a teenage girl attitude though!

Emotionally - when my brother had a massive stroke over a year ago, he was 19 at the time so was a massive shock & very scary time. I remember him being admitted to the ward & I swear in could only see black & white, I was so distraught. We had lost our grandad the year before (my first ever bereavement) & after him passing away I never thought I'd feel pain like it, but the pain I felt when my brother was poorly was like no other pain. I could sob just reliving that time & it wasn't even me it happened to. Thankfully, age was on his side & the NHS were fabulous with his intensive rehab afterwards, there have obviously been massive changes for him & some adjustments to all of our lives but 1000000000% worth it to have my baby brother alive & well ❤

Physical - when I had suspected appendicitis which turned out to be a bad kidney infection which had led to a benign cyst I had in my kidney to double in size & bleed. The sudden pain actually woke me up & I was walking doubled over for days before the doctors would admit me, I couldn't even sit in a car without crying at the slightest bump in the road, I couldn't stand straight, I couldn't walk properly, I can't even explain the pain but it was hideous. I was under outpatients for months because no one could figure out what had caused it & why I lived in pain daily for months, to the point I was eventually fobbed off because the cyst had shrunk by like 2% so they felt it was going the right way. I still get kidney infections now (thankfully not as bad), but it wasn't until I left the job I was in that my GP realised that all the symptoms I had pretty much went away & put it down to stress.

Physical? The failed epidural during my c-section. I felt them cutting me open.

Losing my 4 year old son was more painful though. I'd take a million failed epidurals over that pain.
So sorry to hear of your loss.

I too had the failed epidural during the c section. Absolute agony. Never seen people panic so much to knock me out!!

Recovering from my C-Section first time round (I’ve had 2) - whilst having it done no problem didn’t feel a thing but god when the pain killers and epidural wore off - I could barely walk for about 10 days, any sort of movement would trigger the pain, couldn’t cough or strain at all without it being excruciating. Absolutely horrific. 2nd c section was managed a lot better surprisingly!