Most pain you've ever been in?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve experienced an induced labour that lasted 8 days from inserting the first pessary to ending up in an emergency C Section...

...and I would still rather have to go through that any day than suffer gallstones again!
i wouldnt wish an induced labour on my worst enemy ! mine also ended with emergency c section.
Hope you are ok now x

My dentist has recommended removing my wisdom tooth. It isn't causing me any bother but he says its decayed and isnt serving any purpose.
Reading these, I'm tit scared!!!
Is it really horrendous? My dentist is completely private, very well renowned and I have had 2 procedures there a root fill and a restoration and have been fine.
Petrified though after reading some if these!
I had my bottom one out and it was totally fine. With the anaesthetic it just felt like someone poking my cheek. The recovery part was more painful cos I got a dry socket (where the blood clot falls out/doesn’t form so it’s not protecting your nerve endings which causes pain), but if you get one just go back to the dentist and they’ll fill the hole with this stuff that tastes like cinnamon and you’ll be relived immediately.

Reactions: 1
Child birth
fell down the stairs and broke my ankle in 3 places
8 months pregnant and broke my elbow-that labour was fun (not)
quinsy (3times now)
breast feeding for the first 8 weeks was like having glass slicing through my tit-I wanted to cry with them

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Induced labour! 40 hours of gels and the drip, the awful feeling knowing that contractions would worsen every 30 minutes 🤢 31 hours of which were spent no pain relief except the odd paracetamol!
But would absolutely do it all again for the feeling of holding your baby for the first time ❤

Having all my wisdom teeth removed. Anaesthetic was fine, but it was when I came home the pain was really bad. I’m pretty good with pain (induced labour, c-section), but having all those teeth taken out at the same time was pretty awful. Thankfully I had some amazing pain that made me go to sleep.
I sometimes get very bad migraines and can feel sick for days.

I had a hysterectomy because my endo was so extensive , it had attached itself to my bladder as well but I didn’t get the terrible pain you describe , that sounds unbearable. I did used to get occasional very painful jabs around my rectum ( javelin arse) , felt just like a javelin and I think that was linked to my endo.
I have grade 4 endometriosis and have been offered a hysterectomy. I used to get severe jabbing pains where I suspect my ovaries are. It's stopped hurting as much but I still absolutely dread having a period in case I get the pain again. Bending over seems to trigger it. I'm still unsure about having the hysterectomy 🤔

I bit through my tongue ( I was about 10) bizarrely that actually wasn't painful. The painful part was having it stitched back together. They had to inject my tongue up the sides to numb it. Omg I can still remember it.Just awful. Got home and the stitches burst so had to have it done again! I've had 4 children and swear that wasn't as bad! After pains were horrendous with my 4th though.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Has anyone ever had a root canal? I have opted for one to try and save my tooth and I am shitting pantaloons!!
I’ve had two and they were absolutely fine! Took quite a few appointments though as he did little bits in stages.

An infected tooth, then Labour with a 3rd degree tear. My second boy was born by c-section and I didn’t really have any pain

I had swine flu in 2009. I honestly thought I was dying. Nothing has been worse. Dislocated my shoulder a few years ago and it came pretty close though.

Period pain. Unless you’re someone who suffers really badly with it you don’t understand how debilitating it is. I’m currently sat in bed with a cold flannel on my head to stop myself from sweating profusely. I get constant waves of nausea, heavy bleeding and cramps so bad that I can’t move/breathe.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Breaking my wrist for the second time, the consultant had to put my bones back into position. It took two of them to do it, had my arm in a sling above my head to try and get the blood flow away then two consultants pushed and pulled my arm to get the bones back into position before they plastered it. O would say that was worse then my c section.
I had flu a few years ago and coughed up blood and the pain in my throat was awful

I’ve had two and they were absolutely fine! Took quite a few appointments though as he did little bits in stages.
Had mine done in two appointments, I’m petrified of the dentist but can honestly say I didn’t feel a thing. Had a dead leg though from sitting so still for about 40mins as I had my ankles crossed over each other and had pins and needles when I tried to move 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Emotional or physical?

Emotional was the time my daughter was diagnosed with cancer she was 10 at the time, luckily it turned out to be a misdiagnosis but the pain at the time was horrific!

Physical probably when I touch my index finger, it’s the worst pain ever and nobody knows why :(

• Wow
I had an ear infection on holiday to Gran Canaria. It started off as tonsillitis but spread to my ears on the plane... My ear drum ruptured on the 3rd day but my mum wouldn't take me to hospital as she said I could wait until we got home 😩 :ROFLMAO: I ended up falling down the stairs of the resort because I had no balance, admitted into hospital with a swelling on my brain and it was total agony!! The worst part of it all was the Dr giving me an antibiotic injection in my arse cheek, at 13 years old I was mortified😬

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Gallstone attack whilst having pancreatitis. Labour being a close second, nothing quite like feeling your foof tear 🤢

Period pain. Unless you’re someone who suffers really badly with it you don’t understand how debilitating it is. I’m currently sat in bed with a cold flannel on my head to stop myself from sweating profusely. I get constant waves of nausea, heavy bleeding and cramps so bad that I can’t move/breathe.
have you got endometriosis? Sounds a lot like it. Hope you feel more comfortable soon 💕

Emotional or physical?

Emotional was the time my daughter was diagnosed with cancer she was 10 at the time, luckily it turned out to be a misdiagnosis but the pain at the time was horrific!

Physical probably when I touch my index finger, it’s the worst pain ever and nobody knows why :(
Holy cow that is one heck of a misdiagnosis! :oops: I'm glad she's okay.

You probably have nerve sensitivity (neuralgia) around your index finger. Mega-dosing B-complex can help with that! My friend had similar on one weird patch on her arm- nobody could tell her why that spot was so tender. B-complex did the trick (she got the most potent one she could find and took 1 a day). I think there's also a topical ointment you can apply (that makes more sense for your finger)....it's worth trying!
Edit: not trying to armchair diagnose you of course, just that my friend had a similar inexplicable sensitivity in one spot and this helped. B complex is good for lots of things, so no harm in trying it. I hope you don't mind the suggestion. :)

I actually think I block out physical pain.
When someone stood on my wrist and broke it when I was at school - all i said was Ouch that hurt.
I fell down the stairs on a night out once had a bruise from the top of my thigh to my ankle.
When I had my now 6 year old son I had no pain relief and dont remember it hurting.
I fell over on the ice about 8 years ago and hit my head and then carried on the night out.
I think that's also why going through domestic violence I blocked out all the physical pain( The lasting impact was emotional)
I'm not sure if it's because I was born 11 weeks premature and had a brain haemorrhage and a collapsed lung ( even the doctors didnt notice) that I've built some sort of pain barrier which is extremely high!

• Sad
Breaking my wrist for the second time, the consultant had to put my bones back into position. It took two of them to do it, had my arm in a sling above my head to try and get the blood flow away then two consultants pushed and pulled my arm to get the bones back into position before they plastered it. O would say that was worse then my c section.
I had flu a few years ago and coughed up blood and the pain in my throat was awful

Had mine done in two appointments, I’m petrified of the dentist but can honestly say I didn’t feel a thing. Had a dead leg though from sitting so still for about 40mins as I had my ankles crossed over each other and had pins and needles when I tried to move 😂😂😂
My dentist was doing 10 mins here and there. Piss take! Lol

• Wow