Most pain you've ever been in?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s got to be childbirth and having stitches! No one tells you about how painful your breasts are either after birth I couldn’t move my arms for 2 days!!!

Reactions: 1
I’ve had a natural birth (although induced and needed intervention) and two C-sections one of which was emergency. I would much rather give birth naturally. C-section is major surgery and I lost a lot of blood after my emergency one and got an infection and was ill for quite a while. Decided to have an elective one next but had problems with that one too but not as bad just problem with the spinal.

Everyone is different though but that’s my experience of sections.
Thank you for your response! I don’t know, I hated every minute of my induced labour (which went badly wrong and had to be stopped). It was just the worst 24 hours of my life. I remember screaming like I was dying, it was just so so horrific. I can understand why women do die in childbirth. And I have no idea how they survived it through the ages. Honestly I just do not feel that I could put myself in the position again where I have to go through a natural birth. I do worry about a c-section also, but I think if I did get pregnant again I would maybe try for a c-section and pray it goes OK as can be and then maybe call it a day baby-wise. Dunno for sure what to do really. Maybe I will never fall pregnant again anyway, who’s to say. I just found the whole thing overly horrific.

Thank you for your response! I don’t know, I hated every minute of my induced labour (which went badly wrong and had to be stopped). It was just the worst 24 hours of my life. I remember screaming like I was dying, it was just so so horrific. I can understand why women do die in childbirth. And I have no idea how they survived it through the ages. Honestly I just do not feel that I could put myself in the position again where I have to go through a natural birth. I do worry about a c-section also, but I think if I did get pregnant again I would maybe try for a c-section and pray it goes OK as can be and then maybe call it a day baby-wise. Dunno for sure what to do really. Maybe I will never fall pregnant again anyway, who’s to say. I just found the whole thing overly horrific.
I’ve had two inductions as both pregnancies were overdue plus head never engaged as they say I have a small pelvis. They hated that I wanted an elective c section as said I had previously given birth naturally but induction has higher risk of intervention. I had forceps and ventous with first but second induction baby got into distress so emergency section.

If you’re scared to give birth naturally again then opt for an elective which is much better than an emergency section. Good luck.

I was trying to think of the most physical pain I’ve been in aside from birth/recovering from birth/miscarriage. I’ve never broken a bone or had an operation etc so nothing obvious came to mind, until I remembered my horrifically painful periods. I can cope with them these days but as a teen the cramps were so bad I wanted to scream. I never got this checked out because I thought it was normal

Just realised all of the extreme physical pain I’ve ever been in is related to being female. Women do go through a lot

Reactions: 2
Me..right now! Earlier coming home with shopping I was knocked on my face into the main road...by the wind!! I am now sat with a massive lump and black eye also suspected broken wrist..off to x-ray tommorow...didnt go earlier as the unit was shut due to suspected corona virus patient!....

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Worst physical pain was definitely having my nipples tattooed. The pain really was excruciating. And stupidly I had them coloured a further couple of times. Each time the pain seemed worse than the last. Never again. Xx

Being induced with the hormone drip without any pain medication. Worst part was not being allowed to push even though I desperately wanted to. Also fractured my tale bone during labour. Close second is when I had an infection in my tale bone area. Could only be pain free in one position.

• Sad
Me..right now! Earlier coming home with shopping I was knocked on my face into the main road...by the wind!! I am now sat with a massive lump and black eye also suspected broken wrist..off to x-ray tommorow...didnt go earlier as the unit was shut due to suspected corona virus patient!....
Oh my days that’s mad. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I had the same. Sorry about your loss and pain. Did your tube burst? My did and I collapsed at home and lucky I made it to the hospital in time. Lost half my blood as well. The surgery was so painful but also being in a hospital with woman who just had babies was mentally hard. Big hug ❤
Reading this thread in the hope I am not alone. I ruptured last week, I had been trying for a baby for over a year. Had my ovary and tube removed and I’ve never been so physically and emotionally in pain. Got discharged two days ago and I’m now back facing more issues, lost so much blood and now tests for more problems. Been admitted back into the ward and I have only just left. I don’t know how I’ll ever get over it. I feel so empty :(

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Gallstones. At first I thought it was really bad heartburn and would joke I was having sympathy pains as my mum has an impacted gallbladder. The pain was awful, would spread across my chest into my back and I’d be throwing up.
Had my gallbladder removed although I now have severe IBS

4 wisdom teeth extracted - after pain. I've had 4 home births - 10lbers without any pain relief and it was nothing compared to the teeth!

Ruptured intestine (from a perforated bowel).

Given birth at home with no pain relief 3 times.

Labour is like a relaxing afternoon at a spa day in comparison to the intestine 😬

• Haha
Reading this thread in the hope I am not alone. I ruptured last week, I had been trying for a baby for over a year. Had my ovary and tube removed and I’ve never been so physically and emotionally in pain. Got discharged two days ago and I’m now back facing more issues, lost so much blood and now tests for more problems. Been admitted back into the ward and I have only just left. I don’t know how I’ll ever get over it. I feel so empty :(
So sorry to read this. It is an ache like no other

Period pain... I get it really bad. I’m sure when I have a child though that’s going to trump it! Emotionally the most pain I’ve been in is when I went abroad and had a panick attack after panick attack.. basically the whole time (a week) it was the most horrific thing I’ve ever been through and I haven’t been on holiday since.

• Sad
Haven’t given birth but would be that I’m sure if I had. Gallstones for me though they were unbearable thankfully had them out

Never has a kid, so can’t compare but gallstones was my worst pain... thought I was having a heart attack when I first stated getting the pains whilst it was still undiagnosed.