Most pain you've ever been in?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Number one now is probably wisdom teeth removal. They where coming up underneath the teeth in front of them. They where so bad they had to be surgically removed on separate dates and I had 3 weeks off work after each !!!
It was all well and good until the anasethic wore off and oh my good jaysus the pain. No pain worked. Work in HC so I thought it ill be fine it's like getting candy lol nope.
Only thing that helped was whenever I could sleep and clove oil ! I spilt clove oil in my bag in work and a ward smelt of it for weeks and none of the staff had a clue. One of the patients said to me one day you smell lovely no one else liked the smell lol.
It was unbearable how bad it was !!

Second would be broken bones. I've had two but at least you know pain work there !

Honestly neither of them are gonna be comparable to childbirth I know. When I witnessed my first one I legit almost passed out so fair play to all of ye 🌸🌸🌸

Reactions: 1
Labour and a large kidney stone blocking one of my kidneys. I would say both were equally as bad!

My dentist has recommended removing my wisdom tooth. It isn't causing me any bother but he says its decayed and isnt serving any purpose.
Reading these, I'm tit scared!!!
Is it really horrendous? My dentist is completely private, very well renowned and I have had 2 procedures there a root fill and a restoration and have been fine.
Petrified though after reading some if these!

My dentist has recommended removing my wisdom tooth. It isn't causing me any bother but he says its decayed and isnt serving any purpose.
Is it really horrendous? My dentist is completely private, very well renowned and I have had 2 procedures there a root fill and a restoration and have been fine.
I had two out age 19 under anaesthetic. My recovery was OK but my husband didn't have his out until he was 27 and he was in a lot of pain and had a really swollen face. It's maybe more painful the more impacted they are?

Then I had another one out at the Dentist which caused no pain. Then the fourth one I had out at the dentist a few years ago and it was very loose so I told him to pull it without having the numbing injection and I just felt a little tug and it was out!

I suppose everyone is different but if you're going to have the numbing injection, you should be fine. Good luck!

I had two wisdom teeth removed (top). I didn’t find it better or worse than any other tooth extraction I’ve had (top left molars removed years ago), and I didn’t have any issues afterwards. I had the local anaesthetic so didn’t get put to sleep for it.

I had 7 teeth removed at once before starting chemotherapy. Including my 4 wisdom teeth. I found it completely fine (although I was obviously knocked out cold) and recovery quite easy.

I had two out age 19 under anaesthetic. My recovery was OK but my husband didn't have his out until he was 27 and he was in a lot of pain and had a really swollen face. It's maybe more painful the more impacted they are?

Then I had another one out at the Dentist which caused no pain. Then the fourth one I had out at the dentist a few years ago and it was very loose so I told him to pull it without having the numbing injection and I just felt a little tug and it was out!

I suppose everyone is different but if you're going to have the numbing injection, you should be fine. Good luck!
If you can avoid getting dry socket it should be ok, be really careful to let the clot form in the hole and not get dislodged.

Thanks everyone. It's not impacted. Its decayed I believe, but doesn't cause me any bother. He just said it needs removing.

What's dry socket then?!x

Has anyone ever had a root canal? I have opted for one to try and save my tooth and I am shitting pantaloons!!

Thanks everyone. It's not impacted. Its decayed I believe, but doesn't cause me any bother. He just said it needs removing.

What's dry socket then?!x
Off topic but you can improve/heal decay by doing things like oil pulling, taking certain cell salts and minerals and avoiding foods with phytic acid. There’s a good book by Ramiel Nagel and a Facebook group. I know trying the natural route isn’t everyones cup of tea but it’s another option.

Childbirth was the most painful , a head crowning is eye watering 😭.

I once stubbed my little toe against a paving slab and that was awful, the throbbing agony kept me awake all night and I was pregnant so didn’t take anything too strong to relieve the pain.

Having a drain removed after my hysterectomy was incredibly painful but it was very brief , thank God!

Has anyone ever had a root canal? I have opted for one to try and save my tooth and I am shitting pantaloons!!
I've had one. It was fine, no worse than a filling to me. I had an abscess which was massively painful and took 2 types of antibiotics to get rid of, so I was super glad to get it solved.
I didn't find the recovery any worse than after s filling when it's a bit tender. X

• Heart
I’ve had one, I found it awful tbh, was in bad pain for 5 days, but I was also 4 months post partum, very run down and sleep deprived, exclusively breastfeeding so had to be careful about the amount of pain I took so I think all of those factors made the experience a lot worse for me, other people have said it was fine for them, some advice is that ibuprofen works the best for the pain, use corsodyl mouth rinse too and anything anti inflammatory I found bonjella quite helpful x

Childbirth was the most painful , a head crowning is eye watering 😭.

I once stubbed my little toe against a paving slab and that was awful, the throbbing agony kept me awake all night and I was pregnant so didn’t take anything too strong to relieve the pain.

Having a drain removed after my hysterectomy was incredibly painful but it was very brief , thank God!
am I the only lady on here who didn’t even feel the head crowning? 😂 I didn’t feel a thing of the pushing as I’d had a magical epidural lol, sooooo bloody glad I got one I do feel a bit like I’ve cheated though and didn’t really give birth ‘properly’ 😆

Endometriosis.
It feels like someone is crushing my hips, lower back and pelvis through a grinder. It is so hard to even describe but I have read that endo pain can be worse than labour pain (from those who've gone through both). The pain can be so bad that I feel like I am going to pass out. The only thing that helps is a warm bath. I am getting excision surgery this year so hopefully, that helps.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Endometriosis.
It feels like someone is crushing my hips, lower back and pelvis through a grinder. It is so hard to even describe but I have read that endo pain can be worse than labour pain (from those who've gone through both). The pain can be so bad that I feel like I am going to pass out. The only thing that helps is a warm bath. I am getting excision surgery this year so hopefully, that helps.
I had a hysterectomy because my endo was so extensive , it had attached itself to my bladder as well but I didn’t get the terrible pain you describe , that sounds unbearable. I did used to get occasional very painful jabs around my rectum ( javelin arse) , felt just like a javelin and I think that was linked to my endo.

Reactions: 2
Labour definitely - mostly the contractions. They were bad with my eldest but I coped. With my second I had to have my waters broken and the contractions were SO strong and intense they made me want to crawl out of my own body 🤢

I had a hysterectomy because my endo was so extensive , it had attached itself to my bladder as well but I didn’t get the terrible pain you describe , that sounds unbearable. I did used to get occasional very painful jabs around my rectum ( javelin arse) , felt just like a javelin and I think that was linked to my endo.
I get that stabbing pain too. They're checking my bum too for endo, as well as my bowel and bladder.